Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
That would be epic if i manage to get into FTB. Should help me get alot more users.
You could also support us by allowing to redistribute it through the launcher. You can create a post here in which you can specify under which conditions we can add it to the FTB packs or even if a 3rd party/private pack can add it.
(By posting there you might even get less PMs about permissions ;))
I would like to add it but the final word has slow.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
Well, from what I can tell all it does is add potatoes, which are already in vanilla plus it won't work with forge because he doesn't want to because of Eloraam (which is a stupid reason in my opinion).

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Well, from what I can tell all it does is add potatoes, which are already in vanilla plus it won't work with forge because he doesn't want to because of Eloraam (which is a stupid reason in my opinion).

Ignore that post it's obviously a troll.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Oh look, my mod suggestion got removed. I took a look at the rules and I don't believe I broke any rules. I was relevant to the topic, respectful and polite, I didn't use an adfly link and I don't think my profile picture, lack of a signature, or name offends anyone.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Oh look, my mod suggestion got removed. I took a look at the rules and I don't believe I broke any rules. I was relevant to the topic, respectful and polite, I didn't use an adfly link and I don't think my profile picture, lack of a signature, or name offends anyone.

It was deleted due to being pointless. Looked at the website and there was little to no information on the mod you said.

Also you should read post one under guidelines since it reads .

Guidelines

1. Mods that add "collectibles" such as extra mobs, extra plants, extra ores etc that have very little use or interaction with the current mods will probably not be considered.Extra Biomes is an exception as it helps the map creators make the cool FTB maps.

6. Unfinished Mods will have a very hard road to get in.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
It was deleted due to being pointless. Looked at the website and there was little to no information on the mod you said.

Also you should read post one under guidelines since it reads .
I admit that it was extremely pointless I just thought you guys had a sense of humor. That said you should probably add "No joking" to your rule list. I understand why you wouldn't consider a mod that doesn't even have a download for the modpack. However I didn't break any global rules so I don't think it should have been removed. I hear Kyokomint is working on carrotcraft next

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I admit that it was extremely pointless I just thought you guys had a sense of humor. That said you should probably add "No joking" to your rule list. I understand why you wouldn't consider a mod that doesn't even have a download for the modpack. However I didn't break any global rules so I don't think it should have been removed. I hear Kyokomint is working on carrotcraft next

Some posts get removed if we think it needs to be and yes i know you didn't break any global rules hence why you didn't get a warning for it aswell rather then just an easy post deleted. ;)

Also could come to Troll/Flame baiting just depends how people take it ;)

Anyway have a good day.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Remember these guidelines while telling us mods. ;)

Page1 said:
Guidelines

1. Mods that add "collectibles" such as extra mobs, extra plants, extra ores etc that have very little use or interaction with the current mods will probably not be considered.Extra Biomes is an exception as it helps the map creators make the cool FTB maps.

2. Mods that duplicate something other mods already do. Especially if they do it at a lower resource cost will have a very difficult time getting into the pack. Why add an extra mod that negates part of one of the main mods?That doesn't mean they won't but they will need to add something more then just the duplicate items.

3. Huds Damage meters etc. These are more a personal type mod and not really something everyone will find useful so its better to allow players to choose their own mods of this sort.

4. Mods that have not yet been updated to 1.4 will not be considered at all.

5. Mods that make things "easier" these mods tend to be out of balance for the FTB map. The main pack will be the pack for the FTB maps so having unbalanced and OP mods in the pack just won't work.

6. Unfinished Mods will have a very hard road to get in.

7. Our intention is to create muliple mod packs, so in the case of exceptional mods that dont meet these guidelines, exceptions can be made.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Remember these guidelines while telling us mods. ;)

"7. Our intention is to create muliple mod packs, so in the case of exceptional mods that dont meet these guidelines, exceptions can be made."

As I've said before, if Xycraft could make it when it did, I'm sure there's no harm in suggesting other good mods as well even if they don't specifically meet the guidelines.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen that the Aether is being updated to 1.5.1 (as the Aether 2, with a big bunch of new stuff). Any chances of seeing it added to ultimate when it will be finished? I've played with it when it was in 1.7.3 enough to say we must add it.

I'd say possible. But not soon. After a complete re-wright they would have to see how stable, it is how it reacts to other mods, it's lagishness (Big issue for any large mod), and if it's going to be kept updated. Then it would probably be tested in the magic world pack. And then if all that works out it might be considered for FTB.
According to this post...
http://www.mods-for-minecraft.com/aether-sequel
they didn't update for 1.1 and 1.2.3 and didn't tell anyone why at the time. That's a problem.

damonster81

Jul 29, 2019
As I've said before, if Xycraft could make it when it did, I'm sure there's no harm in suggesting other good mods as well even if they don't specifically meet the guidelines.
well xycraft is only in cus it's a forgecraft mod.

killrbladez

Jul 29, 2019
They released a 1.2.5 update, for aether one, while they worked on Aether 2 for (what they hoped for) 1.4.7. The reason I know is because of a youtuber I watch who was given a pre-release version, which only had bronze dungeons, but was more of a test to see if the generation would be laggy or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.