Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to re-submit Metallurgy for consideration now that it's about to go 1.5-ready. Metallurgy is not unbalanced and can be a real boon to modpack maintainers because it can take over ALL ore generation and have that handled in a consistent way, sort of like what TE is doing right now but on a grander scale. It also allows for piecewise inclusion of metals for the different packs, which is great. The fantasy metals pack might be appropriate for Magic World, but maybe not for a more industrial pack. It also significantly opens up opportunities for mining in the nether and End, which currently only gregtech really does.

It also adds a variety of useful alloys, and there are several mods out there that help to integrate metallurgy with other packs to make these alloys even more useful. The way Iron gets dispersed means that you actually need to alloy at least to bronze to succeed in the early game, which seems good to me.

Finally, its machines are actually pretty balanced in the current metagame when you consider Thermal Expansion. Any machine that uses the furnace model of fuel (one unit is ignited and runs out and does all the work it can) will always be at a disadvantage compared to the electrical/mechanical machines that can turn coal into smaller units of power for more efficiency, and the inclusion of something nicer than IronChests is great as well (Iron Chests is... really good and easy; Metallurgy Chests are somewhat more challenging). Considering that AE also gives a very early ore doubler (using player time instead of fuel), there really aren't any balance concerns at all for a properly configured mod.

And note that M2's default config actually makes mining for many things more difficult because you can't rely on specific Y-levels to yield specific things!

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
The Additional Buildcraft Objects (ABO) mod, has been updated to 1.4.7. Please include it as soon as possible into the mod packs, especially the DW20 pack, because I know that he loves this mod. :)

Mod Thread: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/682821-14715bc34x101-additional-buildcraft-objects/

P.S. Flow doesn't update the thread on the Buildcraft page, only on MCF.

Mods in packs like Direwolf20 and Mincrack are mainly chosen by said people, as said in the first post, this thread is to suggest mods to the full FTB packs.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
His LP's last about 100 episodes. He's going to finish his current LP and then he'll do another LP for 1.5+ with all the new features added by all of the mods, especially since due to the changes in 1.5 it's going to be pretty hard for any world to survive the transition.

Changes? Like what? You mean the vanilla changes? Those won't effect anything. It was hard for the mod guys to update there mods to 1.5 but that won't effect our worlds at all. Unless you have some proof to the otherwise. Like I said the last time he restarted it was to switch over to FTB. There's no reason for him to reset it for 1.5. Frankly I don't expect him to do so until the mod API comes out and FTB as we know it dies.

AdrianLeong98

Jul 29, 2019
Mods in packs like Direwolf20 and Mincrack are mainly chosen by said people, as said in the first post, this thread is to suggest mods to the full FTB packs.

Yes, but this would also inform the FTB team that it is updated and that they can tell the said people whether they wanted included.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Aether II is going to be released for 1.5.1 soon. Could it possibly be on the FTB modpack?
Could be expect a long review process. it's a complex mod and has to be checked for compatibility with a lot of other mods.

Though I do like the idea of accessioning the Aether while having a jet pack on.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Could be expect a long review process. it's a complex mod and has to be checked for compatibility with a lot of other mods.

Though I do like the idea of accessioning the Aether while having a jet pack on.
Not to mention the changes it makes to the inventory GUI.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Not to mention the changes it makes to the inventory GUI.

If the new version still makes changes to the inventory GUI It'll be questionable if it ever gets applied to any but it's own dedicated pack. Might get lucky with the magic pack but we might run into issues with Ultimate.
But it's not like there aren't other options for using the added bits than changing the inventory. Reliquary's coin of fortune would be a good template for handling the items that went into the extra slots.

Jul 29, 2019
Power Craft Factory Mod
Links:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/842589-147-power-craft-factory-mod/
http://www.powercrafting.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=100

This mod is incredible! The conveyor belts allow for the making of awesome factories and are very fun to watch!
But I love the little mining machine in particular! It is a 2x2x2 block that is much easier to program that Rp2 and computercraft. It mines at a decent speed and can be used underground, so that there arent any of the huge holes that quarries create.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, no chance in hell of ever seeing Ars Magica added before the 1.5.1 update. Which, you now, can take a while. DW20 won't start his 1.5+ Let's Play series before he wraps up this current series, which will take at least another 1 to 2 months, and the other FTB packs may or may not update before RP2 updates to 1.5+... It seems every other mod in the pack will be finished making the transition in another month or so, so... yeah :(
Why is it impossible for him to include the 1.4.7 version in his current modpack?

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
It's not impossible, he could very well do it, but i don't think he will. The 1.5+ version added many new features, fixed many outstanding bugs, and he already spotlighted the 1.5+ version. He is interested in adding it into his LP's, but if you watch the spotlight he pretty much says it clearly "in my future LP's". I don't know if he wants to add a non-supported old version to his LP's that people play in, is what i'm getting at. Many new cool stuff was added recently.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
How's he going to update his world to 1.5+ before RP2 and many other mods he's using update? He no doubt can add the 1.4.7 version of Ars Magica, but it won't have half the stuff added in the 1.5 update.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Guys this thread is to suggest mods for the pack not talk about pro's and con's.
Want to do that then start your own thread in the right section.

Back to suggesting mods!

Reactions: benben500

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.