Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

benben500

Jul 29, 2019
What about Millenaire? But, like, a modded millenaire so they can request things like raw materials to make IC2, Buildcraft, and Forestry machines. Then you could trade coins for bees and UU matter.

Does anyone bother to read the first/second post?

cocoax

Jul 29, 2019
I think that little blocks should be added if it can. It is an amazing mod for creative builders!

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I highly doubt that little blocks work with the mod blocks. While that mod is neat, I think they are looking for mods that actually work with the other mods.[DOUBLEPOST=1364065620][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've played with powercraft, and I think its a bit OP.

I'm curious what your findings were. So far I've only been using the Logic as a replacement for redpower's logic (and in this case it's more expensive per gate). What in particular did you find OP over, say, MFR?[DOUBLEPOST=1364066332][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think that little blocks should be added if it can. It is an amazing mod for creative builders!

The problem with LB is that it really donks up a lot of other mods recipes.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I'm curious what your findings were. So far I've only been using the Logic as a replacement for redpower's logic (and in this case it's more expensive per gate). What in particular did you find OP over, say, MFR?[DOUBLEPOST=1364066332][/DOUBLEPOST]

The problem with LB is that it really donks up a lot of other mods recipes.
firstly, the machines take no power. The fishing machine and the mining machine are two exceptions, but those take little coal (or power crystal) to run.

That's another thing: the power crystals. They aren't too useful, and the fuel you can make from it is quite powerful. Also, the block breakers and placers are in a large variety of other mods, but powercraft's places blocks for like 16 blocks in front of it. Same with the placers. With powercraft, you can make an automatic farm quite easily and cheaply, and minefactory just does it better, and it requires actual power instead of redstone pulses.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be the first person to mention this. The mod Grey Goo is a really, really, really interesting mod. It uses fairly expensive machines to create blocks that can perform all sorts of interesting autonomous functions like self-preservation, wall building, structure building, fluid clearing, world resetting, mining, bubble-building, and world destroying. It's a very powerful mod and a mod that can actually make a dimension unplayable if approached carelessly, but it's also really cool.

What's so interesting about it is that it's like Mystcraft; it represents a really different way to think about Minecraft. Typically we think of blocks as static and entities as active, but this mod flips that expectation on its head and the blocks themselves have behavior and rules and spread on their own. It also has a really neat trick: once an apocalypse starts even running away so the apocalypse ends up in unloaded chunks does not help. The author has a thaumcraft-like system where once it begins it begins to chase players across that entire dimension.

GordyTheOverlord

Jul 29, 2019
This is a really cool mod I found over at the Japanese mod forum:
NanoLaser

Don't worry, it doesn't replace the mining laser, though it too is a IC2 addon. It's really cool, and I think it should be added. It seems to make the use of the mining laser a bit more useful (Since it uses it in the recipe)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I seem to be the first person to mention this. The mod Grey Goo is a really, really, really interesting mod. It uses fairly expensive machines to create blocks that can perform all sorts of interesting autonomous functions like self-preservation, wall building, structure building, fluid clearing, world resetting, mining, bubble-building, and world destroying. It's a very powerful mod and a mod that can actually make a dimension unplayable if approached carelessly, but it's also really cool.

What's so interesting about it is that it's like Mystcraft; it represents a really different way to think about Minecraft. Typically we think of blocks as static and entities as active, but this mod flips that expectation on its head and the blocks themselves have behavior and rules and spread on their own. It also has a really neat trick: once an apocalypse starts even running away so the apocalypse ends up in unloaded chunks does not help. The author has a thaumcraft-like system where once it begins it begins to chase players across that entire dimension.
I just want to say that I absolutely adore that mod. It's a lot of fun, but I would think that in order to be in a pack, it would have to be in its own, perhaps apocalypse, pack. I just don't think that server owners would appreciate the FTB team putting a mod in the pack that gives players the ability to destroy an entire world, just by placing down one block. It would be a lot of fun to have an apocalypse pack in the launcher, though.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to say that I absolutely adore that mod. It's a lot of fun, but I would think that in order to be in a pack, it would have to be in its own, perhaps apocalypse, pack. I just don't think that server owners would appreciate the FTB team putting a mod in the pack that gives players the ability to destroy an entire world, just by placing down one block. It would be a lot of fun to have an apocalypse pack in the launcher, though.

Ultimate could handle it, I think.

It's just so amazing as a construction tool. And its mining tools seem OP until you realize quite how insanely dangerous and monster-spawny the holes it makes are. The thing is, an admin can easily use rainbow goo to fix anything that is broken. Small comfort for someone who loses their base to a poorly designed substrate farm. But that's like 3/4 of the charm of the mod.

I think the config lets you turn off tumor creation which halts the end-of-the-world scenario but still leaves the the "oh god purple goo why did I do this again?!" scenarios. That helps a lot.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1614036-1467-bc-addon-liquid-metals-0118/

Liquid Metals mod. This would make a *FINE* addition to the pack. It's still a pretty young mod, and lot's of things are to be added yet, but the ability to store your metals in liquid form is pretty cool. The Liquid Crafter is a really neat addition, since it can supply the ingots to recipes that use them, but only actually use 0,85 of an ingot that's stored in liquid form, which, combined with the 2,85 increase in yield you get from the ore processing chain that the mod adds, gives you about a 3,27 increase in yield per Ore, when using Ingots in crafting recipes. Not just Ingots, either, also Diamonds, Redstone, and loads of other things can be stored in Liquid Form and get the discount in the Liquid Crafter. Very cool. A hook is being added into Thermal Expansion as well, that lets it's recipes that use Molten Redstone & Ender Pearls pull from tanks storing the Liquid Metals mod versions of Molten Redstone & Ender Pearls. Very cool.

Yes, AE & Barrels still manage more efficient storage of ingots, but you don't get the coolness factor out of having a max size Xycraft Tank filled to the brim with Liquid Diamonds!

Reactions: Rhyna and benben500

Fred4106

Jul 29, 2019

Liquid Metals mod. This would make a *FINE* addition to the pack. It's still a pretty young mod, and lot's of things are to be added yet, but the ability to store your metals in liquid form is pretty cool. The Liquid Crafter is a really neat addition, since it can supply the ingots to recipes that use them, but only actually use 0,85 of an ingot that's stored in liquid form, which, combined with the 2,85 increase in yield you get from the ore processing chain that the mod adds, gives you about a 3,27 increase in yield per Ore, when using Ingots in crafting recipes. Not just Ingots, either, also Diamonds, Redstone, and loads of other things can be stored in Liquid Form and get the discount in the Liquid Crafter. Very cool. A hook is being added into Thermal Expansion as well, that lets it's recipes that use Molten Redstone & Ender Pearls pull from tanks storing the Liquid Metals mod versions of Molten Redstone & Ender Pearls. Very cool.

Yes, AE & Barrels still manage more efficient storage of ingots, but you don't get the coolness factor out of having a max size Xycraft Tank filled to the brim with Liquid Diamonds!
I came here to suggest my mod. This is very cool to see the community spreading the word about it. The only thing wrong with this post is that i dont add liquid diamonds or ender eyes.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
I came here to suggest my mod. This is very cool to see the community spreading the word about it. The only thing wrong with this post is that i dont add liquid diamonds or ender eyes.

Well, you should :O

I could've sworn you did, though. Must've been a while since i played it X_X

Yes, Liquid Diamond doesn't make sense, but it's cool :D

Fred4106

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you should :O

I could've sworn you did, though. Must've been a while since i played it X_X

Yes, Liquid Diamond doesn't make sense, but it's cool :D
That would be epic if i manage to get into FTB. Should help me get alot more users.

paranoidjack

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I totally support Liquid Metals being added to FTB too. I've been using it with a FTB ultimate server for the last couple of weeks and everyone loves it.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019

Yup, I'd definitely love that mod in the pack, no arguments here.

I may be incorrect on this as the mod may have changed quite a bit since I last used it, but isn't the only purpose of that mod destroying worlds? I mean on a single player world, it's great. But on a massive server, everything will get completely ruined.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I may be incorrect on this as the mod may have changed quite a bit since I last used it, but isn't the only purpose of that mod destroying worlds? I mean on a single player world, it's great. But on a massive server, everything will get completely ruined.

It has a lot more functions than just destruction. It can rapidly build huge structures and assist in mining. And it's actual world-destroying power is quite limited unless some of the base grey goo gets loose in a chunkloaded area. Every goo except tumor has a replication lifespan. And how is that any different from, say, ICBM? :D ICBM is still a fun mod even though it can be abused by griefers.

The mining goo is crazy good, for example. It burns away all rock and gravel it finds, leaving stone untouched. It's also a big hassle to farm (although once you have one piece you can make more quickly if you have a silktouch pick).

Reactions: Guswut

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

You should take a look at the spotlight:

It details all of the non-world destroying features. But yes, the world destroying features are fairly excellent, and it isn't too hard to access them. There are actually blacklists to only work in specific dimensions, so you could set up a goo age using mystcraft and restrict it to there, for example.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
That would be epic if i manage to get into FTB. Should help me get alot more users.

I wanna really give you props for your mod. I was playing around with it last night when it hit me what it is to actually automate your mod correctly. Each step consumes 2 entities to produce 3, but you can abort the pipeline at any time and just take it to the arc furnace. So a naive processing line often sits on extra partially-ground ore. That guarantees max output, but can leave ingots in your process waiting for work. A really smart process can do things like say, "Okay. No more ores are coming in now, let's collect the spare bits and melt those because there is no point sitting on them!"

If anything, you should exacerbate that problem further! I love mods like Factorization where good automation is hard but the payout is big return!

Also, it looks super awesome to make an ender tank for each liquid metal and then put ingot formers elsewhere full of that metal. :D Even moreso when the processing line itself is in a pocket dimension from Dimensional Doors. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.