Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaya

Jul 29, 2019
I've been through a number of the pages, but not all 60. Has anyone mentioned timber? it seems like it would be a good addition. I tried to add it on my own and it's not working but I havne't troubleshot it at all yet. I think I read a post where someone got it working with FTB though.

It seems like the whole idea of it fits well with the automation aspects of feed the beast.

Also, Gregslighting is listed under mods on the feed the beast home page. It looks like a cool mod that I'd love to have.

Read the first post in this thread.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
I've been through a number of the pages, but not all 60. Has anyone mentioned timber? it seems like it would be a good addition. I tried to add it on my own and it's not working but I havne't troubleshot it at all yet. I think I read a post where someone got it working with FTB though.

It seems like the whole idea of it fits well with the automation aspects of feed the beast.

Also, Gregslighting is listed under mods on the feed the beast home page. It looks like a cool mod that I'd love to have.

"Read through most pages" What a loa of garbage. The 1st post says no timber.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a thread where you can find all the mods that are compitable with the ultimate pack?
How to determine if a mod is compatible:
1. Does it make base edits to the minecraft.jar file? If No, go to step 2. (optifine is an exception to this rule)
2. Does it use Forge/Forge Mod Loader (Most ModLoaderMP mods can also be used with Forge Mod Loader). If Yes go to step 3.
3. Does it have a config file to allow you to change block and item ids? If Yes, go to step 4.
4. It's probably compatible, and if it isn't it can be made compatible with very little work.

Example: Is Better Than Wolves compatible?
1. Does is make base edits to the minecraft.jar? Yes.
2. It is not compatible.

Example: Is MageCraft 0.2.1d compatible?
1. Does it make base edits to the minecraft.jar file? No.
2. Does it use Forge/Forge Mod Loader? Yes.
3. Does it have configurable block and items ids? Yes.
4. It is compatible.

Reactions: Geometry

TheOnly1NL

Jul 29, 2019
How to determine if a mod is compatible:
1. Does it make base edits to the minecraft.jar file? If No, go to step 2. (optifine is an exception to this rule)
2. Does it use Forge/Forge Mod Loader (Most ModLoaderMP mods can also be used with Forge Mod Loader). If Yes go to step 3.
3. Does it have a config file to allow you to change block and item ids? If Yes, go to step 4.
4. It's probably compatible, and if it isn't it can be made compatible with very little work.

Example: Is Better Than Wolves compatible?
1. Does is make base edits to the minecraft.jar? Yes.
2. It is not compatible.

Example: Is MageCraft 0.2.1d compatible?
1. Does it make base edits to the minecraft.jar file? No.
2. Does it use Forge/Forge Mod Loader? Yes.
3. Does it have configurable block and items ids? Yes.
4. It is compatible.
Thanks, it really helps!

Flirx

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing that I can suggest for any of the mod packs is that you add the Trees mod. It would be such a time saver if I could just cut the bottom of the tree and all the wood touching that one is now cut too. Other then that I can not stop playing and messing with the new Ultimate mod pack. ^_^ You brought fun back to Minecraft for me.

Jonh_McFee

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing that I can suggest for any of the mod packs is that you add the Trees mod. It would be such a time saver if I could just cut the bottom of the tree and all the wood touching that one is now cut too. Other then that I can not stop playing and messing with the new Ultimate mod pack. ^_^ You brought fun back to Minecraft for me.
would there be ANY way to filter through this kind of thing?
because it is quite clear people CAN'T read the OP... :confused:

xxxzzzmark

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this has been said yet and I don't recommend adding it yet but waiting until the mod becomes further advanced. The Cogs of the Machine.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1578105-147forge-cogs-of-the-machine-v013c-wind-up-tools/
It is forge compatible and uses the ore dictionary so it should be compatible with everything. It really adds a bunch of aspects that plays well with the other mods in the game and adds a more steam punk age if you will. In the packs there are mostly high-tech or magic mods and not really mods that base themselves on the earlier ages of technology and this mod does a really good job with it.

Zaya

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this has been said yet and I don't recommend adding it yet but waiting until the mod becomes further advanced. The Cogs of the Machine.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1578105-147forge-cogs-of-the-machine-v013c-wind-up-tools/
It is forge compatible and uses the ore dictionary so it should be compatible with everything. It really adds a bunch of aspects that plays well with the other mods in the game and adds a more steam punk age if you will. In the packs there are mostly high-tech or magic mods and not really mods that base themselves on the earlier ages of technology and this mod does a really good job with it.

Yes, its been recommended many many times before.

Tharky

Jul 29, 2019
If we can recommend mods to other modpacks here, I would like to see RPG Immersion modpack with AltariaCraft aka. Swords+ mod. It adds a pretty good battling elements to Role Playing type games, plus being able to 'craft' swords in a different way is amazing. Also, the famous Tale of Kingdoms would be good with Divine RPG as well. (not because Jordan (Capt.sparklez) played them together, they make a good RPG game together.)

Nero

Jul 29, 2019
The Enderstuff mod fits Feed The Beast perfectly and to be honest I'm finding it hard to play SMP without it. Not only does increase the amount of exploration people would like to do in the gameworld, but it also allows for a number of things that aren't possible currently in Feed The Beast, a great example of this would be the biomechanger item that you can acquire in the mod. It's very balanced and doesn't allow you to become too OP, and it serves its own purpose in the modpack, still keeping the mod useful far into the late game of Feed The Beast.

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
The Enderstuff mod fits Feed The Beast perfectly and to be honest I'm finding it hard to play SMP without it. Not only does increase the amount of exploration people would like to do in the gameworld, but it also allows for a number of things that aren't possible currently in Feed The Beast, a great example of this would be the biomechanger item that you can acquire in the mod. It's very balanced and doesn't allow you to become too OP, and it serves its own purpose in the modpack, still keeping the mod useful far into the late game of Feed The Beast.
You're kidding, right?
In case you didn't read the thread you posted, that is one of the most OP mods suggested in this thread. The Duplicator can duplicate any ore (except coal for some reason) depending on the "fuel" used. 1 Diamond can duplicate 16 diamond ores. Hmmm... that certainly seems fair.
Also, the Mod author clearly states that he doesn't want it used in any modpacks and will ignore anyone asking for permission to do so.

The only item in that mod that would be any use is the biome changer. Depending on how large an area is it can change and what fuel it can use it would make finding the right place to build so much easier. Though there's probably another mod out there that adds something similar.

Dumle29

Jul 29, 2019
What about includeing a mod in the server side of the pack similare to this: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/mcdigr/
It's a server tracker, that tracks the players on your server, and some serverstats too.

I belive there are similare ones too, so you could include some different ones, to offer people some alternatives.

Flirx

Jul 29, 2019
would there be ANY way to filter through this kind of thing?
because it is quite clear people CAN'T read the OP... :confused:
Sorry im dislexsic and have problems with typing words. The mod i was trying to suggest is Trees mod. When you cut a peice of log with an axe all the other logs come falling down.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry im dislexsic and have problems with typing words. The mod i was trying to suggest is Trees mod. When you cut a peice of log with an axe all the other logs come falling down.

Will Not be Included
Tree Capitator
Unbalanced

Timber! by TehKrush
Unbalanced

Both of those mods do the same thing, which is why "Trees mod" will surely not have any chance of being included. You can always add it yourself, though. Good luck!

ExE Boss

Jul 29, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.