Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelo

Jul 29, 2019
I just finished a long game with my friends at my home... we played without crashes with this configuration: Mindcrack modpack + every mod in Universal eletricity modpack + mistycraft + Xeno's reliquary... we were only 4 so no lag at all...and we had optifine multicore... we edit the universal eletricity config files to not generate the ores of universal eletricity because of balance game and because universal have compatibility with mindcrack ores and vice versa, we left only the platinum ore generation because greg tech is so difficult...however the platinum is still rare! We set the universal eletricity to industrial craft energy conversion ratio to 1:1 so universal eletricity is not OP... we left the gregtech expensive recipes but we allowed the crafting of the old and loved mass fabricator instead of matter fabricator.... we had a lot of fun!!! If you can try this setup and tell me what do you think...i hope that there will be a pack with this configuration :D

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to put in another vote for Fallenbeast's IC2 addons, specifically Advanced Generators. It's quite possibly the coolest addon I've ever seen for IC2
Link: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=2483
Where is the source of this info? I want Thaum engines :D.. Although Denoflions is tinkering with liquid aura in his Plugins for Forestry mod.

The Advanced Generators mod is pointless in the face of all the other machines already available from the other mods that do the exact same thing already. Some literally are the same.
Turbine Solar Generator = Solar Turbine from Factorization.
Electric/Wood Gassifier = Coke Oven from RailCraft. (Note: The gassifier makes no sense. Burn wood = wood gas cell. Wood gas cell = biocell? IRL: burn wood = carbon cell.)
Thermal Generator = Thermal Generator from GregTech (almost identical).
Slow Grinder = Recycler + Hopper.
Slag Generator = Generator + Recycler.

JCourtney

Jul 29, 2019
I just finished a long game with my friends at my home... we played without crashes with this configuration: Mindcrack modpack + every mod in Universal eletricity modpack + mistycraft + Xeno's reliquary... we were only 4 so no lag at all...and we had optifine multicore... we edit the universal eletricity config files to not generate the ores of universal eletricity because of balance game and because universal have compatibility with mindcrack ores and vice versa, we left only the platinum ore generation because greg tech is so difficult...however the platinum is still rare! We set the universal eletricity to industrial craft energy conversion ratio to 1:1 so universal eletricity is not OP... we left the gregtech expensive recipes but we allowed the crafting of the old and loved mass fabricator instead of matter fabricator.... we had a lot of fun!!! If you can try this setup and tell me what do you think...i hope that there will be a pack with this configuration :D

Think you can share the config? I just added Universal Electricity mods to my Mindcrack server. Mindcrack doesn't have Emeralds though does it? So those kind of ore are left on?

Darkblock306

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure exactly where I found that info. I stumbled upon it while looking something up. I think it was in one of the secondary mods wiki's.
It could be used to consume enchantments but not the tolls themselves. And mystic items like enderperals and netherstars. it could also drain aura nodes. And since they are all connected you could drain the whole world.
that's all I remember. It's on a to do list and not released yet.
I'm still looking for where I found it.
Oh, thats gregtech's magic generator! Its implemented now. It can drain enchants, magic items, mercury liquid, and get EU from aura nodes.[DOUBLEPOST=1358889178][/DOUBLEPOST]
The Advanced Generators mod is pointless in the face of all the other machines already available from the other mods that do the exact same thing already. Some literally are the same.
Turbine Solar Generator = Solar Turbine from Factorization.
Electric/Wood Gassifier = Coke Oven from RailCraft. (Note: The gassifier makes no sense. Burn wood = wood gas cell. Wood gas cell = biocell? IRL: burn wood = carbon cell.)
Thermal Generator = Thermal Generator from GregTech (almost identical).
Slow Grinder = Recycler + Hopper.
Slag Generator = Generator + Recycler.
Not exactly.
Turbine Solar Generator makes EU.
Wood Gassifier is a little odd, but regardless it is a source of EU, not creosote oil.
Thermal Generator, has same EU output WITH lava as the thermal generator from gregtech, but it's main purpose is generating EU from the blocks around it, depending on their heat.
Slow Grinder = Advanced Recycler. Its just like the Induction Furnace or Rotary Macerator, but for recyclers.
Slag Generator... Well it is a generator + recycler. Thats the point though.

ErusPrime

Jul 29, 2019
Rotten Flesh to Leather (hardcore version)

1) the need for leather is great and the lack of things to do with zombie flesh is kind of annoying.

also, how is treecapitator unbalanced? if you chop through the bottom of the tree, the whole thing falls. that's just science.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Rotten Flesh to Leather (hardcore version)

1) the need for leather is great and the lack of things to do with zombie flesh is kind of annoying.

also, how is treecapitator unbalanced? if you chop through the bottom of the tree, the whole thing falls. that's just science.
Well, with the soul shard mod, you can get full barrels of rotten flesh. You can use it for energy generation though.
And with the new version, you can even make a cow spawner to never need meat or leather ever again.
What I can say is that 2 rotten flesh for 1 leather seems kind of cheap to me, but that's only me.

As for tree capitator, science you say?
No, in that case it would just put the whole tree horizontally on the ground instead, you know...
The main factor being that there is no extra cost for making the whole tree fall at once. Well, at least now, the axe take the same amount of damages.
An other factor is that not all trees are compatible with it, and you will definitely see tons and tons of people come here and say "Y u no fix tree capitator on RP tree?".

Nothing is stopping you from installing it yourself though, and even for asking your server admin to put it in the sever mods.
It's very much like the UI enhancing stuff, not everyone might enjoy it. (like how they won't put greg tech hard mode by default in the ultimate)

Angelo

Jul 29, 2019
Think you can share the config? I just added Universal Electricity mods to my Mindcrack server. Mindcrack doesn't have Emeralds though does it? So those kind of ore are left on?
How can i share the config? However if you go to the config folder in your feed the beast mindcrack folder you should find some config files, but you have to put the universal eletricity mods first and run the game for 1 time to allow the game generate the files. Open the universal eletricity config files with a txt editor you should find the lines "generateTinores, or generateCopperores or generateores, something like this and you put =0 and not =1 or put =false so the ores of universal eletricity will not be generated... i suggest you to not allow resources from universal eletricity because they are much more than those of industrial craft. The emeralds are not generated and this adds some difficult because you can earn emeralds only trading with npc villagers. Remember to put the conversion ratio with industrial craft = 1.0 because the universal eletricity generators are OP... i tried modifing this value a lot of time with no results because the generators still remain OP, you can bypass this problem not allowing the universal eletricity mod to generate platinum...so you must acquire platinum with greg tech...this is a lot more expensive and balanced if you use universal eletricity.
Sorry for my bad english...
:)

ErusPrime

Jul 29, 2019
Well, with the soul shard mod, you can get full barrels of rotten flesh. You can use it for energy generation though.
And with the new version, you can even make a cow spawner to never need meat or leather ever again.
What I can say is that 2 rotten flesh for 1 leather seems kind of cheap to me, but that's only me.

As for tree capitator, science you say?
No, in that case it would just put the whole tree horizontally on the ground instead, you know...
The main factor being that there is no extra cost for making the whole tree fall at once. Well, at least now, the axe take the same amount of damages.
An other factor is that not all trees are compatible with it, and you will definitely see tons and tons of people come here and say "Y u no fix tree capitator on RP tree?".

Nothing is stopping you from installing it yourself though, and even for asking your server admin to put it in the sever mods.
It's very much like the UI enhancing stuff, not everyone might enjoy it. (like how they won't put greg tech hard mode by default in the ultimate)

hardcore version requires you to purify the flesh before you can turn it into leather. Then it smelts at 1:1 but it costs a bonemeal and a sugar to make it happen. Much more balanced than a magic cow spawner. Although the point really wasn't the need for leather. zombie flesh is the most useless drop.

I find falling tree blocks more realistic than floating trees. you're right. probably just an opinion thing.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft isn't meant to be realistic. You can build portals to hell, get attacked by giant green d**ks, there are gian spiders, 2 buckets of water and bam infinite, you can make gold tools, a bunch of other UNREALISTIC things, and you're worried about THE DAMN TREES?

Reactions: Jyzarc and Yuka

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
hardcore version requires you to purify the flesh before you can turn it into leather. Then it smelts at 1:1 but it costs a bonemeal and a sugar to make it happen. Much more balanced than a magic cow spawner. Although the point really wasn't the need for leather. zombie flesh is the most useless drop.

I find falling tree blocks more realistic than floating trees. you're right. probably just an opinion thing.
Well, if you are playing with Greg Tech, at least, rotten flesh do have a use, that involves fermenting it in order to get gas from it. Then you can use it as a source of power, as it is a flammable gas.
I guess alternatives are not that bad, especially when it provides something that is badly needed early on, for the enchanting table.

As for floating trees, well, you would also need to remove all the awesome floating islands and players shouldn't be able to build something that defies gravity?
Minecraft is not realistic, but if you have an argument about gravity, you should apply it not only to a single element.
Anyway, no matter, it's not me that decide, Slowpoke did say it from the beginning, that he didn't want that in the packs.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if you are playing with Greg Tech, at least, rotten flesh do have a use, that involves fermenting it in order to get gas from it. Then you can use it as a source of power, as it is a flammable gas.
I guess alternatives are not that bad, especially when it provides something that is badly needed early on, for the enchanting table.

As for floating trees, well, you would also need to remove all the awesome floating islands and players shouldn't be able to build something that defies gravity?
Minecraft is not realistic, but if you have an argument about gravity, you should apply it not only to a single element.
Anyway, no matter, it's not me that decide, Slowpoke did say it from the beginning, that he didn't want that in the packs.

I use rotten flesh for wolf breeding. I wouldn't call it useless. Plus good EMC source once EE3 is finished

elschemm

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried it personally, so I can't verify that it works. However, they claim on their page that they are compatible with FTB. Tis also updated for 1.4.6.
Still Hungry
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...patible-with-technic-and-feed-the-beast-v101/

Adds a number of food items. While there are a number of food items out there in vanilla and some of the add-ons, they can still be a bit boring.
It really doesn't add much to core gameplay, so that may disqualify it. Saw it mentioned on MCF, didn't see it mentioned here, thought I'd point it out.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Stargate does indeed look amazing, and he does say that if you ask nicely, he would probably give his consent for the pack.

The only thing is that it is only updated for 1.4.5, so it's a little behind in the updates, sadly, so I can't test it to see if it plays nice with what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.