Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Is not thaumcraft 3 supposed to come also to ftb?

And off topic: can we add power converters and compact solar panels by ourselves? Do they conflict?

IronRattler

Jul 29, 2019
Metallurgy
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...-10272012-putting-the-mine-back-in-minecraft/

FTB is having problems with ore generation and Metallurgy has the tool to solve those problems. The config files for this mod allow you to control what ores spawn, how high they spawn, how many veins spawn, and how many ores per vein spawn. This means that even if all you use it for are the config files those config files are still far too powerful of an admin tool to pass on.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Metallurgy
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...-10272012-putting-the-mine-back-in-minecraft/

FTB is having problems with ore generation and Metallurgy has the tool to solve those problems. The config files for this mod allow you to control what ores spawn, how high they spawn, how many veins spawn, and how many ores per vein spawn. This means that even if all you use it for are the config files those config files are still far too powerful of an admin tool to pass on.

Please re-read the second post of this thread. Slowpoke has already said no to this mod.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
Jadedcat, a suggestion if I may. Would it be possible to get a section added there for mods that are currently being considered or are planned to be added. Some people seem to be missing the classifications as they are a little unclear.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
We can't do that. A lot of that depends on if the mods update to 1.4.4 in a timely fashion. The team won't know what mods they can consider till that happens. On top of that every time the team has put out a list of "possible" mods people start arguing about the mods they are looking at. I am a bit unsure as to how people can misread the potion that states "Will not be included" If its listed as in the pack then its been updated or is in the process , we have permissions and its supposed to end up in there. The team does read this thread and I know Slow has several mods bookmarked to see if they update. But there is no point in speculation until we see what updates.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
We can't do that. A lot of that depends on if the mods update to 1.4.4 in a timely fashion. The team won't know what mods they can consider till that happens. On top of that every time the team has put out a list of "possible" mods people start arguing about the mods they are looking at. I am a bit unsure as to how people can misread the potion that states "Will not be included" If its listed as in the pack then its been updated or is in the process , we have permissions and its supposed to end up in there. The team does read this thread and I know Slow has several mods bookmarked to see if they update. But there is no point in speculation until we see what updates.

Thanks for the information, that makes perfect sense.

Reenigne

Jul 29, 2019
Teleporterpipes are cheating. Totally disbalances the energylos for great distances.

The original teleport pipes had distance based energy loss for the conductive pipes similar to the distance based loss for gold conductive pipes, not sure if the current versions do that, they don't say one way or the other. Other than that, teleport pipes are a huge boon for server operators, they can cut down on lag significantly, and as we are all now technically server operators when we play single player, it would be in every-ones best interest, plus they really help reduce world pipe clutter, and (the most updated teleport pipes mod I'm aware of) they cost at least 8 diamonds (and 8 gold and 8 iron) to make 4 pipes, so not exactly something that's going to be abused or OP.

GunnerWolf

Jul 29, 2019
As I said, I can update Fyrestone as and when FTB updates, if not faster. Even if it means skimping out on a few wanted features for a few updates.

RivingtonDown

Jul 29, 2019
The original teleport pipes had distance based energy loss for the conductive pipes similar to the distance based loss for gold conductive pipes, not sure if the current versions do that, they don't say one way or the other. Other than that, teleport pipes are a huge boon for server operators, they can cut down on lag significantly, and as we are all now technically server operators when we play single player, it would be in every-ones best interest, plus they really help reduce world pipe clutter, and (the most updated teleport pipes mod I'm aware of) they cost at least 8 diamonds (and 8 gold and 8 iron) to make 4 pipes, so not exactly something that's going to be abused or OP.
I absolutely love teleport pipes, I'm using a pair of Item Teleport Pipes now for my Quarry.

Although, you can make them much cheaper than that since you can build them on an Architect Table with lasers now. The cost to build two teleport pipes is 1 Diamond Chipset, 1 Pulsating Chipset, and 2 Diamond Pipes. Granted, a set of lasers and an architect table is expensive so you won't have one early game but it definitely makes the cost of Teleport Pipes rather trivial when you do (less than a single diamond and half an ender pearl each).

Edit: That being said, it's still later game game than Enderchests... unless killing a handful of Blazes somehow ranks it above requiring an Architect Laser system.

Eydamos

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend backpack mod made by myself.

Here is a link to the minecraft forum: Backpacks

I have already updatet the mod to MC 1.4.4 but it is not out yet as I give people time until tomorrow to send me new icons for the mod. So the mod will be out at saturday for 1.4.4 and 1.2.4 with bigger backpacks.

I think my mod will be helpful because especially when you have installed so much mods you have a bunch of additional items you want to carry around with you and don't forget the mining deeeeeep underground where you have always to throw some things away because you have no space left. With backpacks this is no problem any more.

Seriayne

Jul 29, 2019
Just a request/suggestion when doing long official mod lists both in posts and on web pages to alphabetize them? Makes finding the ones you're looking for/confirming much easier (and probably easier to update when you guys have to change them too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.