Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
None of these suggestions I see are of things that are as good as Millenaire, not only is Millenaire server friendly, but it also adds detailed and a multitude of questlines giving the game more of an Adventure feel, and the new Millenaire SMP features grant the usual village attacking village feature a fun RTS feel for building up a town to send to attack the towns of other people on your server.
The problem with Millenaire is it can create a lot of lag for some people, and is also something that is quite hard to stay out if it is a mod you don't want to be using.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with Millenaire is it can create a lot of lag for some people,
So just because some people are using computers from the nineties Millenaire is being written off?
I've used a dual booted laptop's OS that has as little memory in it as possible, Firefox lags for me when I use it, but not Millenaire.

and is also something that is quite hard to stay out if it is a mod you don't want to be using.
I don't see how so? I've got at least two or three people on my server who don't use Millenaire, one of them said it was because they don't like RTSs.
My server runs both FTB and Millenaire.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
So just because some people are using computers from the nineties Millenaire is being written off?
I've used a dual booted laptop's OS that has as little memory in it as possible, Firefox lags for me when I use it, but not Millenaire.

I don't see how so? I've got at least two or three people on my server who don't use Millenaire, one of them said it was because they don't like RTSs.
My server runs both FTB and Millenaire.
Granted I don't let people use the portal gun mod nor do I let them create new worlds with Mystcraft, now THOSE are some lag inducing mods that are certainly not at all server friendly. I have no clue whatsoever how Millenaire got the boot but those mods somehow slid on through.

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
with regard to millenaire lag, i have a 12 year old computer that can only run mc with optifine,(not my main computer.)
and i don't notice any differences with millenaire.[DOUBLEPOST=1356819832][/DOUBLEPOST]quote"and is also something that is quite hard to stay out if it is a mod you don't want to be using."
how?
also you are adding gregtech witch modifies recipes and there for is literally impossible to stay out of,
but you aren't letting millenaire in.[DOUBLEPOST=1356819879][/DOUBLEPOST]Like umm whats that about?

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
with regard to millenaire lag, i have a 12 year old computer that can only run mc with optifine,(not my main computer.)
and i don't notice any differences with millenaire.[DOUBLEPOST=1356819832][/DOUBLEPOST]quote"and is also something that is quite hard to stay out if it is a mod you don't want to be using."
how?
also you are adding gregtech witch modifies recipes and there for is literally impossible to stay out of,
but you aren't letting millenaire in.[DOUBLEPOST=1356819879][/DOUBLEPOST]Like umm whats that about?
A TWELVE YEAR OLD COMPUTER, I have to stress that.

I also have to repeat that Mystcraft is in FTB for some reason, I tried letting people use Mystcraft, after one day I found horrendous lag the next morning and literally a hundred plus worlds to delete, and there was only a max of maybe four to eight people who used it within that time.

How does one go about the request of mod removal because if Millenaire is not in because it is, "Not server friendly" then Mystcraft sure needs to be removed. Especially since I have only heard one complaint of lag and that was only because the person installed Millenaire over her FTB launcher wrong and yet after one day of running with Mystcraft I come back to everyone having lag.

Reactions: Zmaster27

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I just watched a video featuring Slowpoke talking about the future of FTB and he says that some new mod was the first mod designed specifically for SMP because it wasn't made before the removal of SSP.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb7qlCjSlJQ

This isn't true, Millenaire SMP came before that, Millenaire SMP was completely rewritten from scratch for maximum optimization.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
"...the first mod of its type..."

I get that you're a Millenaire fanboy and you're quick and eager to defend it, but this is getting a bit ridiculous. I don't know why you are bringing it up here when it is entirely off-topic, but you're also not paying attention to the context. Millenaire is an adventure and town building mod, or an RTS as you've been calling it. Xycraft is an industry mod. Its peers are IC2, Thermal Expansion, and so on. It is not the same type of mod as Millenaire.

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
yes but mystcraft is quite the same in that it is a exploration mod
not a factory mod. yet it made the cut when millenaire didn't.
I believe it was brought up because of the ongoing millenaire argument.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I am sooooo tempted to throw Better than Wolves into the argument then watch and drink from my bottle of tears.

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
qoute"I am sooooo tempted to throw Better than Wolves into the argument then watch and drink from my bottle of tears."

lolololol.

but in all seriousness it would be great if they included it.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
qoute"I am sooooo tempted to throw Better than Wolves into the argument then watch and drink from my bottle of tears."

lolololol.

but in all seriousness it would be great if they included it.
It would be fucking awesome if they included it, but I wager he would have a few choice words to say to Eloraam if he was in the same room as her.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
hmmmmm. dont know what you mean by that.
If I'm not mistaken FlowerChild, who you may or may not be aware is the creator of Better than Wolves, took his mod out of the forge index because of Eloraam and her platforms.

He's very proud of his platforms. He didn't take much kindly to it when Eloraam integrated her platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.