Request Suggest mods for creation here

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see a modular armor mod.
now you'll probably think of mods like modular powersuits, but that's not exactly the kind of mod I'm thinking about.

to explain it in a few words, see it as a portable BiblioCraft's armor stand.

you'd be able to cycle through several armor sets and use the one you want.
perhaps there'd be a armor set added by this mod, and when you wear this armor you can access a special GUI by pressing a hotkey.
in this GUI you're able to input all the armors you'd like to carry with you and each set has 4 slots for head, chest, leggings and boots.

when you're out and about and want to switch armors, you press another hotkey which will cycle through your armors untill you've the armor you'd like.
the armor added by this mod could perhaps be tiered and each tier allows you to carry more armor sets with you.

it'd also be pretty cool if it somehow was possible to still use special effects from armor sets even though you don't have it selected.
for example the vis discount when wearing thaumium robes. it'd be nice if you could still use the discount if the thaumium robes are in one of the armor slot sets, but is not currently selected.
or for example when you wear a battery pack from simply jetpacks it'd be nice if your tools would still be powered with RF from your battery pack even though you don't currently wear the battery pack.

I was thinking for a mod like this because I often create the armors added by mods, but basically end up only wearing 1 armor set the whole time because I don't want to carry so many different armors on me the whole time, or I'd have to create a dozen bags just to carry them all with me.
Man you should learn to mod, the ideas you come up with are amazing.
Amazing idea. Im demanding someone make this NOW!
I can imagine an item with an inner inventory for armor sets(or even hotbar item sets). If the item is selected and you right click it would change the armor with the next set, if you shift-right click it would change to the previous armor set. It would actually change your armor in your inventory slots.

I think it would be harder to make an armor set that has multiple "inner" sets, because probably each mod adds its attributes in its own way, or for example simple jetpacks that adds a different model.
Development on this has started:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-7-10-compactarmour.67290/

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
it's not a new mod, though it could be an addon, but I'd love to be able to use the wireless terminal anywhere in a world.
ofcourse it shouldn't come cheap. in my opinion it should require a quantum network bridge that you can link up to a wireless terminal.
one of the quantum entangled singularities will go into the quantum network bridge and the other will go into the wireless terminal, which will link the wireless terminal onto the AE network.

the quantun network bridge will consume power just like it normally would, but you'll be able to use the wireless terminal anywhere in the world.
ofcourse it'll use up more power from the wireless terminal as it'd require more the terminal to do more work.

with this I'd finally start using a quantum network bridge as I never made one before because it's just so much expensive and so much of a hassle for what it does

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
it's not a new mod, though it could be an addon, but I'd love to be able to use the wireless terminal anywhere in a world.
ofcourse it shouldn't come cheap. in my opinion it should require a quantum network bridge that you can link up to a wireless terminal.
one of the quantum entangled singularities will go into the quantum network bridge and the other will go into the wireless terminal, which will link the wireless terminal onto the AE network.

the quantun network bridge will consume power just like it normally would, but you'll be able to use the wireless terminal anywhere in the world.
ofcourse it'll use up more power from the wireless terminal as it'd require more the terminal to do more work.

with this I'd finally start using a quantum network bridge as I never made one before because it's just so much expensive and so much of a hassle for what it does

Anywhere in the world?

Hmm... you're looking at endgame stuff here. Would you want it to be AE-only? I'm finding myself imagining using MFR mining lasers with an alternate setup (perhaps incorporating Nether stars, dragon eggs or bedrockium ingots; or a multiblock of some sort) to zap into the "core" of Mearth, using the metal centre as a giant harmonic resonance transmitter.

By pouring massive amounts of energy into the core, along with data, you can then access that energy and data from anywhere by resonant induction.

Of course, there has to be a downside...

Perhaps cracks opening up into the void, horrendous monsters pouring out, y'know - something fun :D

- GwnG

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Anywhere in the world?

Hmm... you're looking at endgame stuff here. Would you want it to be AE-only? I'm finding myself imagining using MFR mining lasers with an alternate setup (perhaps incorporating Nether stars, dragon eggs or bedrockium ingots; or a multiblock of some sort) to zap into the "core" of Mearth, using the metal centre as a giant harmonic resonance transmitter.

By pouring massive amounts of energy into the core, along with data, you can then access that energy and data from anywhere by resonant induction.

Of course, there has to be a downside...

Perhaps cracks opening up into the void, horrendous monsters pouring out, y'know - something fun :D

- GwnG

yup, anywhere in the world. I know there's currently the Logistics Pipes + AE2 trick where you've a remote orderer send the items to an enderchest and link an ender pouch to that chest to access it anywhere, but it'll require you to use 2 chest/pouch for both input and output, though with this method it'd purely be done with AE2, and I'd finally have a reason to craft a quantum network bridge

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019

This sounds like a job for ChromatiCraft.

Reactions: Someone Else 37

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Go right ahead. I was looking for the summoning rhyme someone had used a while back, but couldn't find it...
Oh great and powerful Dragon, I Summon thee! Grant upon those who are not insane a number of wishes that total innumerable! From the depths of your code-based cave, I call for thou to smite those who try to add one and one to get fish! OH GREAT AND POWERFUL @Reika, GIVE US STRENGTH THROUGH THE BLESSING OF THE ABOVE ADDING TO OF YOUR MOD KNOWN AS CHROMATICRAFT!!!!! *Gasps for air*

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamefury64

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Oh great and powerful Dragon, I Summon thee! Grant upon those who are not insane a number of wishes that total innumerable! From the depths of your code-based cave, I call for thou to smite those who try to add one and one to get fish! OH GREAT AND POWERFUL @Reika, GIVE US STRENGTH THROUGH THE BLESSING OF THE ABOVE ADDING TO OF YOUR MOD KNOWN AS CHROMATICRAFT!!!!! *Gasps for air*
Should have used a steak.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 54

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
again, no real ideas for mods, but rather a few more wishes for existing mods

such as the Extra Utilities Ender Quarry. right now when it mines it turns blocks into dirt, which I would rather like to see it turn blocks into stone.
though that would ruin the landscape, so perhaps have the first 4 layers of mined blocks be dirt, and the rest stone.
same goes for the nether, though instead of stone it'd produce netherrack (I really hate to see the whole nether covered in dirt)

perhaps there could be a feature so the quarry will see which type of block is generate the most inside the area and it'd produce that block when mining, though to prevent abusing there should be something to prevent people from using this to get alot of resources (for example have a small area made out of 9 blocks which 5 are diamond blocks, it'd turn the other 4 into diamond blocks aswell.
I don't know if it's possible, but is there a way in Minecraft to see if a block hasn't been touched yet? this way the quarry would only recognize untouched blocks

staying with Extra Utilities, 2 more things I hope to see happen. stacked liquid drums would automatically export/import onto eachother.
and the spikes, I had hoped they would drop any items ontop of them below them, so it'd be easier to gather the items.
perhaps have them auto-output into an inventory aswell or the Extra Utilities pipes, so you could automate a mob grinder using only Extra Utilities

aaand anyone else really OCD with Steve's Factory Manager? it'd be great if there was some sort of grid in the SFM interface which you could automatically lock your commands onto, as it happens so often a command is just slightly misplaced when placed next to other commands...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
yup, anywhere in the world. I know there's currently the Logistics Pipes + AE2 trick where you've a remote orderer send the items to an enderchest and link an ender pouch to that chest to access it anywhere, but it'll require you to use 2 chest/pouch for both input and output, though with this method it'd purely be done with AE2, and I'd finally have a reason to craft a quantum network bridge

Summoning the great one aside, I was thinking some more on this one.

In order to get started in AE2, you need to find key components that are clearly not natural, inside chests, inside meteorites.

That means that the technology is extraterrestrial in origin, and suggests that someone or something scattered the required components, stored them safely in a transportation vector (said meteorites), and sent them to Mearth/Minecraftia/(insert name here).

Maybe instead of looking into the planet itself, as my first idea suggested, you need to look... UP...?

Perhaps connecting your Quantum Network Bridge to a high powered transmitter (think "beacon"), again in a multiblock, could summon something. Maybe another meteorite with the technology required for whole-planet AE access, maybe some sort of race that would assist or attack you, or maybe just summoning skystone/quartz/fluix asteroids into orbit (which then wouldn't need to be physically THERE), so you can send the coruscating beam of energy and data into those to be distributed around the map!

Or maybe just making a multiblock out of fluix crystal blocks. *shrugs*.

- GwnG

EDIT: THIS
stacked liquid drums would automatically export/import onto eachother.

Reactions: Gamefury64

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
and the spikes, I had hoped they would drop any items ontop of them below them, so it'd be easier to gather the items.
perhaps have them auto-output into an inventory aswell or the Extra Utilities pipes, so you could automate a mob grinder using only Extra Utilities
Transfer nodes with world interaction upgrades can reach through walls to pick up items. So there's no real need to have the spikes do anything with drops at all (other than not destroy them, of course), even sticking with just XU.

Reactions: Yusunoha