Request Suggest mods for creation here

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
aaand anyone else really OCD with Steve's Factory Manager? it'd be great if there was some sort of grid in the SFM interface which you could automatically lock your commands onto, as it happens so often a command is just slightly misplaced when placed next to other commands...
I think you can do this by holding down Shift or some other key

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Transfer nodes with world interaction upgrades can reach through walls to pick up items. So there's no real need to have the spikes do anything with drops at all (other than not destroy them, of course), even sticking with just XU.

.... derp. I had this wish for the spikes since they came out, so world interaction upgrades weren't available yet, but they are now, so that's completely a derp on my part for not thinking properly anymore

I think you can do this by holding down Shift or some other key

I do know you can create anchors in the lines if you right click on one of the input/output lines, but I didn't know you could hold a button for properly do command placements... will have to try it out and see if that actually works.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I want spectator mode in 1.7.10.
And slime blocks/pistons.
Everything else from 1.8 has been backported, right?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wondering... it's possible to remove crafting recipes for items (or perhaps the items themselves aswell) by using Minetweaker right?
if so, would it be possible to, for example, remove all the crafting recipes for all the types of copper except the one type of copper you want to use, and by doing that, the game would only use that single type of copper for all the recipes.

for example, your machines could create thermal expansion copper, but if you compress it into a block, you could get a Forestry copper block, and if you uncraft it you'll get IC2 copper ingots back, which is really frustrating.
the best would ofcourse be if there'd be a mod that could simply disable any other type of resource except the one type you want to use, but I've been mentioning this for a few months now so I kind of have given up on it and am looking in perhaps different ways to do this.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wondering... it's possible to remove crafting recipes for items (or perhaps the items themselves aswell) by using Minetweaker right?
if so, would it be possible to, for example, remove all the crafting recipes for all the types of copper except the one type of copper you want to use, and by doing that, the game would only use that single type of copper for all the recipes.

for example, your machines could create thermal expansion copper, but if you compress it into a block, you could get a Forestry copper block, and if you uncraft it you'll get IC2 copper ingots back, which is really frustrating.
This is completely possible via Minetweaker, it would just be a MAJOR pain in the ass due to the sheer number of recipes that would be involved, which is the reason (I assume) no one has done it.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019

the best would ofcourse be if there'd be a mod that could simply disable any other type of resource except the one type you want to use, but I've been mentioning this for a few months now so I kind of have given up on it and am looking in perhaps different ways to do this.

GregTech already does this, to my knowledge. Its called Greg's "ore unification" system.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
This is completely possible via Minetweaker, it would just be a MAJOR pain in the ass due to the sheer number of recipes that would be involved, which is the reason (I assume) no one has done it.

I kind of already had a feeling it'd be that...

GregTech already does this, to my knowledge. Its called Greg's "ore unification" system.
I rather doubt anyone would add Gregtech just for this ^^

though it does show that it should be possible to do, to create a mod that'd do this

InfidelGB

Jul 29, 2019
What i would like is some kind of mod that would allow me to lock out certain recipes until a specific action/event had taken place. This way a modpack could be made with a sort of progression system, Im thinking a bit like Civilization games where you have to research before you can build certain things but in this case it would be more along the lines of you have to perform a certain task or craft something specific before your allowed to progress further.
For example hoes could be uncraftable until you had gathered enough of a specific item or collection of wild food stuffs then once this is achieved youd then be able to craft a hoe and start farming.
I envison a era type system that could be made with a mod like this. If it could be combined with HQM in some way that would be amazing ie complete a quest chain unlocks the next tier of technology and recipes required for the next chain of chests for instance.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
What i would like is some kind of mod that would allow me to lock out certain recipes until a specific action/event had taken place. This way a modpack could be made with a sort of progression system, Im thinking a bit like Civilization games where you have to research before you can build certain things but in this case it would be more along the lines of you have to perform a certain task or craft something specific before your allowed to progress further.
For example hoes could be uncraftable until you had gathered enough of a specific item or collection of wild food stuffs then once this is achieved youd then be able to craft a hoe and start farming.
I envison a era type system that could be made with a mod like this. If it could be combined with HQM in some way that would be amazing ie complete a quest chain unlocks the next tier of technology and recipes required for the next chain of chests for instance.

THIS.

I reckon this sort of thing is actually just what a lot of people are after when they talk about "Tech Progression". Many mods/modpacks gate technology progress through materials - i.e. you need X material to mine Y block; Y allows you to build a machine to mine Z, you need to visit the Nether to get reagent Q, that sort of thing - and that works really well in many circumstances! But I think a lot of people would like a more... almost traditional tech tree, where you unlock something via progress or research and can then build it from that point on but not before. You could probably do with with a custom crafting table and something to keep track of research - that's the approach Thaumcraft takes, and it seems to work pretty well! But unfortunately I don't know any mods that allow you to DO this - in particular, as you mentioned, to impose it on an existing mod's tech progress.

- GwnG

Reactions: InfidelGB and 1SDAN

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
THIS.

I reckon this sort of thing is actually just what a lot of people are after when they talk about "Tech Progression". Many mods/modpacks gate technology progress through materials - i.e. you need X material to mine Y block; Y allows you to build a machine to mine Z, you need to visit the Nether to get reagent Q, that sort of thing - and that works really well in many circumstances! But I think a lot of people would like a more... almost traditional tech tree, where you unlock something via progress or research and can then build it from that point on but not before. You could probably do with with a custom crafting table and something to keep track of research - that's the approach Thaumcraft takes, and it seems to work pretty well! But unfortunately I don't know any mods that allow you to DO this - in particular, as you mentioned, to impose it on an existing mod's tech progress.

- GwnG
The problem with making a recipe attemptable but not work beforehand is it generates bug reports.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The problem with making a recipe attemptable but not work beforehand is it generates bug reports.
...that, is a very good point.

I suspect that's where some sort of documentation (an ingame book, perhaps where research is tracked) might come in handy.

Might.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
...that, is a very good point.

I suspect that's where some sort of documentation (an ingame book, perhaps where research is tracked) might come in handy.

Might.

perhaps some sort of small notification when you try to craft an item like that
such as when you try to anaylze an item with Thaumcraft but you do not yet have the required aspects unlocked yet

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
perhaps some sort of small notification when you try to craft an item like that
such as when you try to anaylze an item with Thaumcraft but you do not yet have the required aspects unlocked yet
I like that.

Would a greyed out object in the product side with a "You Must Research This Item" tooltip be too much do you think?

InfidelGB

Jul 29, 2019
it could also perhaps be intergrated with NEI in such a way that if it isnt available yet it doent appear.