Request Suggest mods for creation here

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
While I agree that Thaumcraft has gotten way too complicated, as of late, that...really wouldn't be the right way to go about it. I'd really rather not run the risk of pissing off Azanor.
I think thaumcraft 3 is my favorite I know its when it starts to get complicated but I think it was kinda balanced until you got the op gear

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
A configurable mod for hardcore packs that makes farming require actual dedication:

1. Fertile soil. If the soil is not fertile it will not grow any further. Plants will search for nearby nutrients and suck them out if possible. Nutrients can also be added by placing Bonemeal or compost on the blocks. Bonemeal is a configurable alternative to the instant growth feature while compost can be made by putting food into a Compost Box. Plants can also give nutrients to the soil when they are broken or wilt. You can check the nutrients of a chunk with the Nutrient-o-matication-meterater-thingamabob Machine. When a chunk is created, the base nutrients it has is randomized based on what biome it is are in.

This is possible by having an array that contains information on the location of chunks and the nutrients that are present within them.

Configurable options are the nutrients per block type, nutrient requirements per plant, the Bonemeal change, what the Compost Box accepts (All Food items are automatically added), how much it costs to analyze a block with the Nutrient-o-matication-meterater-thingamabob Machine, the range of randomization for nutrients in a biome and the base value of nutrients per biome.

2. Water. Plants will consume nearby water over time. As long as it has a water source block near it it will still grow, if a plant does not have water nearby to consume it will turn into a wilted plant. One can also water plants with a Watering Can for manual watering, an Irrigation Duct for constant watering (can be turned off by crafting the Duct with a piece of Redstone Sprinkler and then applying a Redstone Signal to said block) or a Sprinkler for RF style sprinkling that can also add nutrients.

This is possible by storing a variable in an array that keeps track of a block of water's location and the amount of usage allocated to it, when the allocation surpasses a configurable threshold, the water block is replaced with an air block. To further optimize the game, the plant will send to the array the amount of water it will use up throughout it's entire growth all at once when it is first planted, however it will first start checking for that water it allocated to only at a configurable stage in it's growth. If the water block ceases to exist and has an array referencing it, the array will make all of the plants that allocated to it reallocate themselves. Plants will always allocate to the water block with the lowest allocation and then the closest block to them if there's a tie. Meant to be used with Code Chicken Core's Finite Water

Configurable options are the water requirement per plant, amount of RF a Sprinkler uses, the max threshold of water blocks and the first stage at which blocks check for their allocated water block.

3. Weeds. Weeds will periodically pop up and you will have to right click a block with a hoe to pull it out. If a plant has a weed on it, it will grow at a slower pace. It will progressively slow more and more until it ends up wilting. Weeds will also use up nutrients and water and will spread themselves if they die from wilting. If you pluck a weed, there's a chance that it will just turn back into a baby instead of being destroyed. This chance is configurable and based on what hoe you are using. The wood hoe has a 0% chance of successfully uprooting by default and a diamond hoe 100%.

This is all possible as Weeds are tile entities instead of a separate block. Also due to the fact that growth packets are sent out by the game instead of by the plant IIRC.

Configurable options are the chance of a weed spawning, chance of successful uprooting of plants, base rate of slowdown, slowdown gradient and amount of nutrients and water each subtype of weed consumes.

Reactions: ChJees and Arkandos

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
My mod idea
Name:scicraft
Mod type:technology
Uses ore dictionary:yes of corse
compared to other mods
Kind of a mixture between TiCo pc and ic2

Natural resources
Rubber tree(just like every single other tech mod)
Copper tin titanium uranium and silicon ores
Industrial villagers
Sell rubber and macienes
Buys metals and tools

Some early game recipys
2 rubber 2 redstone 1 copper = 8 basic wires
Smelt iron block = 4 iron plates
Smelt stone =4 stone plates
2 furnaces 4 stone plates 2 iron plates 1 bucket =basic alloy smeltery
1 coal block 8 iron plates = 9 steel plates(alloy)
4 sticks 1 iron plate = 4 iron rods(alloy)
6 iron rods = iron frame
1 silicon ingot 1 stone plate = 4 silicon chips (alloy)
1 iron frame 2 steel plates 2 basic wires 1 furnace 2 silicon chips 1 iron rod = coal generator
10 coal 4 silicon chips = carbonated chip (alloy)

And those are just examples I still have more ideas I just accidentally hit post when I was trying to acses the thing to put more stuff

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
A door that holds a mystcraft book and when you use the door it teleports you to the location in the book.

This is so it can be bigger on the inside. ;-)

Reactions: moded guy 123

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that adds more specific armor so instead of a chest plate you have: front back right shoulder left shoulder and right arm left arm, and pants have: loin, right and left thighs and left and right shins, just to offer more armor options

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
The point of the mod is for large servers that have various towns. The towns could be unique but the buildings share the same internals. The builds could be located in a void age.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
The point of the mod is for large servers that have various towns. The towns could be unique but the buildings share the same internals. The builds could be located in a void age.
That's not a bad idea, actually. So long as the server provided an introductory tesseract pair or something along those lines to new homeowners, I could see it actually being a really cool idea. It'd be like owning a Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion!

EJCrazy

Jul 29, 2019
A configurable mod for hardcore packs that makes farming require actual dedication:

1. Fertile soil. If the soil is not fertile it will not grow any further. Plants will search for nearby nutrients and suck them out if possible. Nutrients can also be added by placing Bonemeal or compost on the blocks. Bonemeal is a configurable alternative to the instant growth feature while compost can be made by putting food into a Compost Box. Plants can also give nutrients to the soil when they are broken or wilt. You can check the nutrients of a chunk with the Nutrient-o-matication-meterater-thingamabob Machine. When a chunk is created, the base nutrients it has is randomized based on what biome it is are in.

This is possible by having an array that contains information on the location of chunks and the nutrients that are present within them.

Configurable options are the nutrients per block type, nutrient requirements per plant, the Bonemeal change, what the Compost Box accepts (All Food items are automatically added), how much it costs to analyze a block with the Nutrient-o-matication-meterater-thingamabob Machine, the range of randomization for nutrients in a biome and the base value of nutrients per biome.

2. Water. Plants will consume nearby water over time. As long as it has a water source block near it it will still grow, if a plant does not have water nearby to consume it will turn into a wilted plant. One can also water plants with a Watering Can for manual watering, an Irrigation Duct for constant watering (can be turned off by crafting the Duct with a piece of Redstone Sprinkler and then applying a Redstone Signal to said block) or a Sprinkler for RF style sprinkling that can also add nutrients.

This is possible by storing a variable in an array that keeps track of a block of water's location and the amount of usage allocated to it, when the allocation surpasses a configurable threshold, the water block is replaced with an air block. To further optimize the game, the plant will send to the array the amount of water it will use up throughout it's entire growth all at once when it is first planted, however it will first start checking for that water it allocated to only at a configurable stage in it's growth. If the water block ceases to exist and has an array referencing it, the array will make all of the plants that allocated to it reallocate themselves. Plants will always allocate to the water block with the lowest allocation and then the closest block to them if there's a tie. Meant to be used with Code Chicken Core's Finite Water

Configurable options are the water requirement per plant, amount of RF a Sprinkler uses, the max threshold of water blocks and the first stage at which blocks check for their allocated water block.

3. Weeds. Weeds will periodically pop up and you will have to right click a block with a hoe to pull it out. If a plant has a weed on it, it will grow at a slower pace. It will progressively slow more and more until it ends up wilting. Weeds will also use up nutrients and water and will spread themselves if they die from wilting. If you pluck a weed, there's a chance that it will just turn back into a baby instead of being destroyed. This chance is configurable and based on what hoe you are using. The wood hoe has a 0% chance of successfully uprooting by default and a diamond hoe 100%.

This is all possible as Weeds are tile entities instead of a separate block. Also due to the fact that growth packets are sent out by the game instead of by the plant IIRC.

Configurable options are the chance of a weed spawning, chance of successful uprooting of plants, base rate of slowdown, slowdown gradient and amount of nutrients and water each subtype of weed consumes.

Terafirmacraft adds a farming mechanic like that

Reactions: moded guy 123

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
That's not a bad idea, actually. So long as the server provided an introductory tesseract pair or something along those lines to new homeowners, I could see it actually being a really cool idea. It'd be like owning a Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion!
The other aspect of this is even dungeons, etc. It's easier to build from the outside and pretend where it is at.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Ya know, I think I know of something I'd quite like: a computer mod that DOESN'T use Lua or uses a language that is incredibly arcane. I know, this has been mentioned several times before, but I'd love to have a computer mod (with adorable robot minions, of course) that I could program with, say, C# under Mono. Or Java. Or C++. Or even freaking VB.Net. Yeah, you'd have to wrap it up to make it useable, but it'd be something different, and something that adds actual object-orientation that isn't as completely ass-backwards as humanly possible.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
•-•Tinkers' Utilities(TiCon add on)
-Tinkers Table-Used to create the tools and items, made by surrounding a crafting table with seared bricks
-Springs-Tool part uses 1/2 material, string wood or any metal
-Grappling Hook-Used to climb walls, Spring effects how far it shoots, type of string effects how fast it pulls you up(firey goes faster, normal is medium, enchanted is slow), repair material is string, arrowhead effects how much it pulls mobs before dropping, made with 1 arrowhead, 1 string, 2 springs, 2 tough tool rods
-Clockwork Feet-Makes you jump higher and take less fall damage, plate effects armour rating, springs effect jumping and fall, 1 large plate, 2 springs, and 4 tool rods
-Mechanical Legs-Makes you run faster, spring effects speed, tool rod and plate weight effects hunger usage, 4 springs, 2 tough tool rods, 1 large plate
-Mecha Core-Increases strength and health, springs increase strength, plates effect health boost, 2 large plates, 4 springs, and 4 tool rods
-Tinkering Glasses-Allows you to zoom in and increases crit chance, tool rod effects crit chance bonus, 1 glass pane, 2 tool rods
-Thumper-AoE knockback, does 0.5-1 hearts of damage in a 5x5 area, throws you 2 blocks in the air, turns stone to cobble, cobble to gravel, and gravel to sand in a 3x3 below you, takes a long time to charge, springs effect damage and charge time, plate effects knockback, 1 large plate, 4 springs, and 3 tough tool rods
-Spring Hammer-Huge knock back, very slow, walk slower, no sprinting, plate effects damage, hammer head and springs effect knockback, 1 large plate, 2 springs, 1 hammer head, 1 tough tool rod
-Advanced Clock-Right clicking tells you day, time, temperature, and humidity, made with 4 springs, and 2 sign heads
-Extractor-Mines an entire vein(tree or ores), pick axe heads effect mining level, springs effect mining speed, 2 pickaxe heads, 3 springs, 4 tough tool rods

Reactions: FastTquick