Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

CrazyCraze

Jul 29, 2019
Modular Powersuits does this. It's even had a 1.7.10 revival by @chbachman
But it would add various items, and have some mechanics mps doesn't have. And in my opinion mps has a major randomness factor which this mod would not. And by randomness factor I mean like diffrent increases and decreases in your slowness and different damage amounts.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
But it would add various items, and have some mechanics mps doesn't have. And in my opinion mps has a major randomness factor which this mod would not. And by randomness factor I mean like diffrent increases and decreases in your slowness and different damage amounts.
It's not random. It's determined by the modules you have and what you've edited their powers to. chbachman's mod doesn't have thoughts crutches, IIRC

Reactions: chbachman
C

chbachman

My mod has no drawbacks to the armour. Put it on, spend resources, and energy get effects.

I might add module points, but it will be configurable.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Wait..."revived?" That implies the original MPS died. When did that happen? (To be fair, I'm pretty far outta the loop on most everything, sooooo...yeah.)

C

chbachman

Wait..."revived?" That implies the original MPS died. When did that happen? (To be fair, I'm pretty far outta the loop on most everything, sooooo...yeah.)
The github has not been updated for a LONG while.
May 24th to be exact.

TheGreatKamina

Jul 29, 2019
I think it would be cool if there is an magic based mod build around you xp level. You could start with enchanting an enchanting table. With an bit of luck getting the 'enchanter' enchant. That table will open yhe world of tear1 enchants.

Tear2 Enchanting can be established due preforming an 100 xp ritual. On this tear you can choose your own echants. Here hou can make the next tables to get to tear3

Tear3 enchanting is just an crafting recipe of 9 Enchanted tables created in tear2. All different enchants in an specific way. I. Tear 3 you ca create your own enchants for a verly heigh prize in resores and xp.

If someone would like to make this for me just contact me. I have some other idees on how i want to create this.
I think there is not jet an xp based mod. So i would be happy to see one coming
The trouble with vanilla XP is, getting it is pretty much a dull grindfest. Such a mod would have to introduce some more interesting ways of getting it...

Also, IIRC Mojang borked up enchanting in a recent update.

Reactions: 1SDAN

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Imagine a mod where you could stop somebody getting an item by any means unless they complete set requirements (get struck by lightning while holding an iron tool rod from TiC to unlock basic electrical machines or get struck by lightning while running to unlock flash armour) I mean this would be amazing for pack makers and I for one need it for an awesome idea I had. If it is possible could someone make it pleeeeeaaaaaasse (childish but whatever)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
I have seen 1.8 command blocks used to do things similar to this like giving you items or custom "achievements" so it wouldn't be that ridiculous of an idea

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
An addon for NEI that let's you search blocks by color.
I was going to do this but the only real way of doing it is with someone going through all the blocks in a modpack and giving them an assigned color. There is just to many used picture formats that OpenGL can render and that mods use.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I thought going that route sounded like a pain. What I actually had in mind was some kind of simple API mod developers could opt in to. Nothing more complicated than "here's your mod's blocks, what color are they?"

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I thought going that route sounded like a pain. What I actually had in mind was some kind of simple API mod developers could opt in to. Nothing more complicated than "here's your mod's blocks, what color are they?"
I've done Javascript code on this its simple but it would be glitchy you take a middle pixel test what color it is closest too red blue yellow green brown white etc, It'd be glitchy because if it has a design it might be off

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I've done Javascript code on this its simple but it would be glitchy you take a middle pixel test what color it is closest too red blue yellow green brown white etc, It'd be glitchy because if it has a design it might be off
Well, the problem is code like this is extremely intensive if you are running many mods and it will not work for all used image types.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the problem is code like this is extremely intensive if you are running many mods and it will not work for all used image types.
True but almost all mc textures are png because they don't mess up on compression I know there are some mki and other not as popular ones used but it could still be done

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
True but almost all mc textures are png because they don't mess up on compression I know there are some mki and other not as popular ones used but it could still be done
This isn't something you really should do as there is no non-intensive or efficient/consistent way of doing this. We do not want to go through 7000 images in one load time and get varying degrees of results. This is something you should just not do.

C

chbachman

Suggestion: A forked, updated version of Thaumcraft 2. Enough said.
Thaumcraft is not open source. You can't fork a non open source project. You would have to re write the entire mod.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
While I agree that Thaumcraft has gotten way too complicated, as of late, that...really wouldn't be the right way to go about it. I'd really rather not run the risk of pissing off Azanor.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
While I agree that Thaumcraft has gotten way too complicated, as of late, that...really wouldn't be the right way to go about it. I'd really rather not run the risk of pissing off Azanor.
Well you know you could ask Azanor. He's not that hard to get a hold of (sometimes)