Request Suggest mods for creation here

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
People ending an argument nicely on the Internet?! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!
/s
And yes, McF is either the Minecraft Forums or Minecraft Forge.
Didn't think there was an arguement :p Whatever :D Have a like :p

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So, in another thread I was talking about something when I basically thought of a great NEI addon.

Anyone want to make a NEI addon, that when you press u over a machine, it goes to the machine's recipies?

You know, like when you press u on an ore block, you can look at the pulverizer's use of the block, but if you click on the processing arrow, it will show all of the pulverizer's recipies..
But removing that step, and just being able to go to the pulverizer's recipies by pressing u while hovering over it in NEI...

I would use this when deciding what machine to make next. Looking through the items, what does a "insert machine here" do? Presses u... Ahhh.. cool.. I probably want one of those...

Or has this been made and I don't know about it....

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
So, in another thread I was talking about something when I basically thought of a great NEI addon.

Anyone want to make a NEI addon, that when you press u over a machine, it goes to the machine's recipies?

You know, like when you press u on an ore block, you can look at the pulverizer's use of the block, but if you click on the processing arrow, it will show all of the pulverizer's recipies..
But removing that step, and just being able to go to the pulverizer's recipies by pressing u while hovering over it in NEI...

I would use this when deciding what machine to make next. Looking through the items, what does a "insert machine here" do? Presses u... Ahhh.. cool.. I probably want one of those...

Or has this been made and I don't know about it....

I believe this already happens with some machines partially.
if you open up their GUI and click on the processing icon it'll show you all the recipes that machine can do

big_bad_mojo

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see a long-term quest item: the Block Painter. I could see it being either a mystical item or a goofy industrial item.

It would function as a paint gun that literally converts existing placed blocks into another. In order to do this, it would have to consume the appropriate amount of blocks of the painted material (stored in the Painter).

With a smooth execution, I feel like this item could make building and renovating so much easier.

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see a long-term quest item: the Block Painter. I could see it being either a mystical item or a goofy industrial item.

It would function as a paint gun that literally converts existing placed blocks into another. In order to do this, it would have to consume the appropriate amount of blocks of the painted material (stored in the Painter).

With a smooth execution, I feel like this item could make building and renovating so much easier.
This is already done with the Wand of Equal Trade from Thaumcraft.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019

That sounds a lot like the Block Replacer from Random Things. It only replaces one block at a time though, and doesn't drop the replaced block, but it does speed things up when you want to swap out building materials...

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still saying we need balanced chickens and horses, I don't care about specifics, but having Chickens give both live and egg based birth is both freaky and OP.

As for Horses they just need some sort of nerf so that they're not better than Minecarts, Pigs and 2 block high Ice and Trapdoor floored caverns in every way imaginable.

Reactions: Padfoote

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still saying we need balanced chickens and horses, I don't care about specifics, but having Chickens give both live and egg based birth is both freaky and OP.

As for Horses they just need some sort of nerf so that they're not better than Minecarts, Pigs and 2 block high Ice and Trapdoor floored caverns in every way imaginable.
Nerf horsespeed, but give them a higher burger-output?

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Nerf horsespeed, but give them a higher burger-output?

Or just a Hunger bar for Horses, but that works too.
acttr

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Mainly for exploration and transport, yes.

That's weird, because I find it nearly impossible to locate, let alone tame, a horse. Minecarts are comparatively simple.

p.s. Hi Greed!

Hello! Say, you didn't happen to see a pretty, blonde lieutenant pass by here, did you? I doubt Mustang would mind if she and I shared company for a while.

Reactions: 1SDAN

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
How about an addon to Growthcraft which adds the following crops:
Berries: Blackberries, Blueberries, Cranberries, Elderberries, Coffee, Raspberries, Riberries & Strawberries. (Berry bushes grow like Natura's berry bushes, but these have moar variety! Coffee 'berries' can be smelted to make roasted coffee beans, which can be ground in a quern to make ground coffee beans, which are crafted with a bottle of water to make cold coffee. Cook it in a furnace to make dark coffee, and add sugar and a bucket of milk to make coffee. Cold, dark and normal coffee can be drunk but only dark & normal coffee give potion effects. Dark gives speed 1, and normal coffee gives speed 2 and jump boost.)

Crops: Barley, Oat, Rye, Corn, Capsicum (Bell pepper), Onions, Garlic, Lettuce, Soybeans, Green Beans, Tomatoes & Jute. (Basic crop type things. Capsicum, Green Beans & Tomatoes regrow over time. Jute is basically the equivalent of Cotton from many mods.)

Tree products: Bananas, Macadamias, Cashews, Lemons, Oranges, Peaches, Plums, Cherries. (If you've seen how Growthcraft's apples work, you know how these will work.)

Bonus boozes:
Beer: Made from Barley.
Whiskey: Made from Rye.
Moonshine: Made from Corn.
Vodka: Made from Potatoes.
Rum: Made from Sugar.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
That's weird, because I find it nearly impossible to locate, let alone tame, a horse. Minecarts are comparatively simple.

Hard to find? Wandering new chunks I have no shortage of them. Given how they outperform a minecart system for almost everything ("automated transport between two fixed locations without any attention" is the only thing left for minecarts, and that has a cost that increases linearly with distance), it's more like "why bother with minecarts"?

Reactions: 1SDAN