Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
I am setting up my beyond reality workshop and it occured to me a bed does not fit the motif. I usually play factory style not set up a home.

Can you make other things set spawn? My first idea was for a "door" that you could throw on a wall that goes to a non existent sleep cubby. Just click the door the same sleep fade happens and bam spawn set over night.

But why just a door. Click the lamp on your workbench. World fades its morning and you go right back to work. Ect..

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I am setting up my beyond reality workshop and it occured to me a bed does not fit the motif. I usually play factory style not set up a home.

Can you make other things set spawn? My first idea was for a "door" that you could throw on a wall that goes to a non existent sleep cubby. Just click the door the same sleep fade happens and bam spawn set over night.

But why just a door. Click the lamp on your workbench. World fades its morning and you go right back to work. Ect..

Obelisk from natura

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
Did not know that block thank you. Now if I could just craft that together with stuff to make a lever obelisk that I flip to sleep like shutting off the lights. :)

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Small mod idea, but I think it could be useful, both as a way of storage, base security, decoration, and I think it wouldn't be too hard to code either.

I call the idea 9 to the power of Awesome!(or 9^A for short).

--snip--
I like this. Quite a lot in fact. The only issue, as other people pointed out, is that Extra utilites already adds compressed blocks. You should come up with an alternative to crafting your blocks for compatibility's sake. Something such as compressor block that you'd dump everything into.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Mod for enabling and encouraging nomadic style gameplay. That is, functionality of your average automation mod, but in your inventory, making base unnecessary. Bags that can fit (and sort) huge amount of stuff, tools that lets you get more return from ores and more drop from animals, system to build gear as complex as building base. Things to scour world for.

psycicfrog

Jul 29, 2019
Tinker tools has been a love hate for me. I used to hate the fact that the tools took so long to build, but soon realized that they were Superior to the vanilla tools. However now I look like a fool in my Vanilla Armor and my awesome sword. I suggest Tinkers Armor. Add leather to armor and give it stronger durability, or a circuit to add function to your armor? How about a camel pack to a helmet. I think this needs to happen.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Gotolei

Jul 29, 2019
A simple command-driven conversion tool that uses rates from the configs. Ideally it would be able to convert to/from every installed power system.

Input: /convert 100rf eu
Output: 25EU

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that turns Lava that's generated in the Nether into Inferno Lava: A Lava-like block that will melt any meltable block you touch it with into it's TiCon smeltery output and place it in any containers in your inventory. It cannot be used in Lava Recipes and can only be picked up by machines or pipes. If you pipe it into a Inferno Coolant Device, along with Water, Glowstone and Redstone (Ingredients Configurable). Then you either add RF or Jump on it to mix the ingredients into Lava. (Either can be disabled)

This means that for packs that use Code Chicken Core's Finite Water option, an Ocean Pump will be necessary. You will also need some Glowstone and Redstone from your mines to run it. Finally, Hunger Overhaul makes the Jumping function quite problemsome if you don't have a good farm. This means that you will lose RF if you use it to power two mines a pump and the machine. This mechanic removes the abusable property of the nether giving a near infinite source of lava-based power and instead makes this require some better industry to gain said power. Jumping animals also works for the ICD.

Blorph

Jul 29, 2019
Another idea of a mod: Photos - a way of collecting light, and using it in innovational ways. Or something like that.
You may have seen the beam mechanics of Botania, or Electromagnet Coherence,
And light being used in Factorization. (Mirrors and Turbines),
And maybe even this old thing,
These mods and their mechanics I want to combine into one mod; Photos. (And more "photos" 1, 2, and 3.)
Ideas:
- Light collection and beam mechanics
- Mirrors and lenses for manipulating beams - Piezophotonic Crystal Receptors, Little conduits that act as a way of collecting high energy light and turning it into RF. - Optic Tubes, A simple way of directing a flow of light with out it diffusing. (as in losing brightness as it goes along.)
- A way of making powerful lasers that can cut through rock. - Light Condenser, Similar to Optic Tubes, but a single thick piece of glass that prevents light coming in from spreading apart, or focusing. Used for redirecting light. (but only for about 64 blocks.) (Kind of like GC)
- Some way of taking light and creating matter. (Actually scientific, Link)
Edit: - A Luxometer, that shows how bright a beam, or block is, based off of the [Radiometer}(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiometer) (Which in fact uses heat, not pressure from light to work.)
Just a bit more right here.

This post here and the items above, needs (a lot of) planning out, If someone wants to take this WIP idea of mine, I'd love it if that happened. Still working on ideas, Please suggest some. (From a reddit post of mine.)

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Another idea of a mod: Photos - a way of collecting light, and using it in innovational ways. Or something like that.
You may have seen the beam mechanics of Botania, or Electromagnet Coherence,
And light being used in Factorization. (Mirrors and Turbines),
And maybe even this old thing,
These mods and their mechanics I want to combine into one mod; Photos. (And more "photos" 1, 2, and 3.)
Ideas:
- Light collection and beam mechanics
- Mirrors and lenses for manipulating beams - Piezophotonic Crystal Receptors, Little conduits that act as a way of collecting high energy light and turning it into RF. - Optic Tubes, A simple way of directing a flow of light with out it diffusing. (as in losing brightness as it goes along.)
- A way of making powerful lasers that can cut through rock. - Light Condenser, Similar to Optic Tubes, but a single thick piece of glass that prevents light coming in from spreading apart, or focusing. Used for redirecting light. (but only for about 64 blocks.) (Kind of like GC)
- Some way of taking light and creating matter. (Actually scientific, Link)
Edit: - A Luxometer, that shows how bright a beam, or block is, based off of the [Radiometer}(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiometer) (Which in fact uses heat, not pressure from light to work.)
Just a bit more right here.

This post here and the items above, needs (a lot of) planning out, If someone wants to take this WIP idea of mine, I'd love it if that happened. Still working on ideas, Please suggest some. (From a reddit post of mine.)

Now that is what I call a unique mod idea, I like it! The only thing I could think of, that I've any experience with, that'd come close to what you envisioned here are the lasers from PowerCraft, but those are more for factory control and mob farms than anything else.

Blorph

Jul 29, 2019
Does it give any new lighting options? I'd love for some projectors light up far places.
Yes it does, the Thick Optic Tubes act as as a way of transporting light around, Sunlight, Glowstone, Lava, Torches, etc.

The Discoball can have beams of light aimed at it for a groovy experience, Is redstone controlled. Ask more questions if this doesn't clarify.

Blorph

Jul 29, 2019
PhotonCraft is a decent name IMO.
Well I couldn't do Luxcraft (darn tema), And I like greek. (Φοτος - Photos), Mods ending with -craft are old fashioned, I wanted something a bit "newer" (as much as greek can be). I like the suggestion, But my mod isn't about photons, light particles themselves, it's about light itself. :)