Request Suggest mods for creation here

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019

My post was an idea for a mod I thought could work well in my Modpack and I was actually already thinking about firepits a bit, just getting said fire would be really hard. As in, you need to search for lava or active fire and right click it with a stick.

But the kiln is a nice idea. As for the Clay Ore Thingy, I was basically working my suggestion to feed into TiCon Iguana.

In my mod, I removed charcoal in favor of Railcraft coal coke, but a log pile is a nice idea too. Finally, flint is actually a type of stone, albeit a very valuable and useful one, of course since stone can't be crafted like normal tools, Knapping and tying tool heads around sticks are necessary.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
A single block player detector that detects if the player is in the vicinity (can specify area in which to detect the specified player). gotta use 2 blocks for now (online detector and entity detector)and when im online any other player can let my enitity detector go off. Computercraft sensor is to large a range...

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
A single block player detector that detects if the player is in the vicinity (can specify area in which to detect the specified player). gotta use 2 blocks for now (online detector and entity detector)and when im online any other player can let my enitity detector go off. Computercraft sensor is to large a range...
If the CC sensor is too large a range, how about a sensor with an upgradable range?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
So, here's a novel suggestion: A way to power Turtles from CC with Redstone Flux! Ideally with a block you can place them near that charges them, and a command/upgrade that lets you fuel them with capacitors.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
So, here's a novel suggestion: A way to power Turtles from CC with Redstone Flux! Ideally with a block you can place them near that charges them, and a command/upgrade that lets you fuel them with capacitors.
Maybe this one could be a sort of ranged thing. You put the block down, and within a certain radius, probably 5x5, any turtles there get charged. That would be awesome.

Reactions: BreezyTaco

madhatterak

Jul 29, 2019
i have two ideas. Add a stable version of Galacticraft to techword2, and add armor to what you can make with the smeltery with tinker.

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
What I always missed is a nice way to store energy. Something like a multiblock battery which can store more energy the bigger you make it. Maybe you would have to manually fill it with 2 differnet liquids so it would somehow resemble a real battery.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
What I always missed is a nice way to store energy. Something like a multiblock battery which can store more energy the bigger you make it. Maybe you would have to manually fill it with 2 differnet liquids so it would somehow resemble a real battery.
EnderIO got capaticipator (that's totally wrong isn't it?) banks that are basically multiblock batterys.

Reactions: VapourDrive

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
MDiyo said he didn't want to do armour.
Then that makes room for a Tinkers Construct addon that lets you make armor.

In the works for Ultratech. First-tier electric storage will be a low-end battery box, which you can fill with rechargeable batteries; this is both network power storage and a recharging station for your portables. Second-tier electric storage is a vanadium flow battery, which I plan to make expandable by adding charge urns to the vats. I'm not sure what I'll be doing for third-tier or higher, as a handful of large flow batteries should be sufficient to get the player through the mid-game, and by late game you should have access to some exotic energy systems.

Reactions: the_j485

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Gregtech added something similar, although no liquids, just adding lapis and stuff to make it bigger.

But how about something with thermal expansion, using different liquids, such as lava, glowstone, ender, and redstone, and certain combinations produce somewhere between less energy total but faster, and more energy total but slower, like redstone tends to make faster but less energy, glowstone's the middle ground, and ender makes more power but slower.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech added something similar, although no liquids, just adding lapis and stuff to make it bigger.

But how about something with thermal expansion, using different liquids, such as lava, glowstone, ender, and redstone, and certain combinations produce somewhere between less energy total but faster, and more energy total but slower, like redstone tends to make faster but less energy, glowstone's the middle ground, and ender makes more power but slower.
If this was a thing i would go towards Destabledised Energetic Redish Glow Stone, or what ever it would be called

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
a very cool idea just popped in my head...

does anyone here remember the old ps1 game Carnage Heart? It was a pretty wicked concept where you can program a team of robots to go out and duke it out against enemy robots. but the kick was this: the programming was done with chips, with a graphical interface.

each robot has a cpu represented as a 2d grid where you place chips. each 'chip' did one specific thing, like move forward, scan for enemy, jump, strafe, fire weapons, etc. you place the chips down and link them so you create a simple AI for the robot...you do not control the actions of the robots when they fight. your AI will determine how the robots act.

so that got me thinking...could that be implemented for cc turtles and computers? think...most people who play ftb dont know how to program lua...but a visual interace like this, would open it up to people who dont know how to write code. lego mindstorms comes with an app that lets a kid program the brick with a graphical interface by using simple components to perform single actions...that would be crazy cool if something like that were made as an addon to computercraft

it could act like a special shell, and when the design is done, it would get translated into a lua script on the turle/computer to run. hell add the pastebin functionality to it so people can share without having to type a single command

and to take it even further...what if the chips had to be crafted? a lot of people consider CC to be overpowered because of the level of automation they offer...well there ya go, you want a turtle that quarry mines? youd have to craft every chip you place to even complete the program and then you can let it loose on the world.

just a thought..flame on!

Reactions: the_j485

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you

does anyone here remember the old ps1 game Carnage Heart? It was a pretty wicked concept where you can program a team of robots to go out and duke it out against enemy robots. but the kick was this: the programming was done with chips, with a graphical interface.

each robot has a cpu represented as a 2d grid where you place chips. each 'chip' did one specific thing, like move forward, scan for enemy, jump, strafe, fire weapons, etc. you place the chips down and link them so you create a simple AI for the robot...you do not control the actions of the robots when they fight. your AI will determine how the robots act.

so that got me thinking...could that be implemented for cc turtles and computers? think...most people who play ftb dont know how to program lua...but a visual interace like this, would open it up to people who dont know how to write code. lego mindstorms comes with an app that lets a kid program the brick with a graphical interface by using simple components to perform single actions...that would be crazy cool if something like that were made as an addon to computercraft

it could act like a special shell, and when the design is done, it would get translated into a lua script on the turle/computer to run. hell add the pastebin functionality to it so people can share without having to type a single command

and to take it even further...what if the chips had to be crafted? a lot of people consider CC to be overpowered because of the level of automation they offer...well there ya go, you want a turtle that quarry mines? youd have to craft every chip you place to even complete the program and then you can let it loose on the world.

I think I love you. I have never touched CC because I can't code lua.

Also, fuck yes for the lego mindstorms mention. Those memories.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013

So a turtle version of Steve's factory manager?

Reactions: steve g

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
So a turtle version of Steve's factory manager?
possibly. ive seen that in action, thats a cool way of doing it too. I know how to program turtles, i use them heavily in my builds (just made a wither boss factory) and programming the motions involved is tedious. having a visual gui (not a text editor) where you build the program, piece by piece, would probobaly boost the number of people that could use this mod tremendously. look on google for vvvv, threenodes.js, scratch...even the unreal sdk has a tool called Kismet for scripting.

Dynious

Jul 29, 2019
possibly. ive seen that in action, thats a cool way of doing it too. I know how to program turtles, i use them heavily in my builds (just made a wither boss factory) and programming the motions involved is tedious. having a visual gui (not a text editor) where you build the program, piece by piece, would probobaly boost the number of people that could use this mod tremendously. look on google for vvvv, threenodes.js, scratch...even the unreal sdk has a tool called Kismet for scripting.
PneumaticCraft drones basically do what you described. Direwolf20 has a Spotlight for them :)

Wright

Jul 29, 2019

Oh that's real good. Maybe we would finally get a use for energized glowstone?