Request Suggest mods for creation here

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I think it will be cool to add a mod that can interact with your inventory. For example, to have a block like an ender chest but when you actualy open it you can see your inventory. Also a config. (as Thermal Expansion have) for imputing items in your inventory or taking them out.

There's a mod like that. Though I don't know what it's called

There's a compatibility add on for metallurgy too.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
um, electric turtles? Why isn't there a mod already where turtles use EU stored in a battery, or energy crystal instead of charcoal/coal and lava? Let them go sit near a bat box/mfe/mfsu/whatever to recharge...
OpenComputers..

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'd like to see a more technological form of auto-repairing equipment.

Current options are quite magical (Repair enchant from TC, Arcane Reconstructor from Ars Magica, Moss on TiC Tools).

I'd like to see a system of 2 blocks. One block creates nanites from any type of ingot, the number of nanites produced is variable depending on rarity of the ingot (Copper/Tin might be 3 nanite, Iron might be 4, Gold 5, etc, etc). These nanites are passed to another block, where the repair takes place. One batch of nanites totally repairs 1 item, and those nanites are then destroyed.
Both blocks should also be powered.

This brings back the survival vanilla system of combining two damaged items to repair, but gives a more material efficient system.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see mod, similar in some ways to mystcraft, but whose only purpose is to incorporate savegames as dimensions. It would use the existing level.dat settings, including seed and generator type, to ensure that each world continued to generate seemlessly. (Obviously only the overworld from the save would be used.)

I am assuming it would have to use a DIM sub folder of some kind, but bonus points if it can use a "live" savegame from another saves folder.

There are three use cases:
* It would allow ATG, BoP and Highlands generators to be used in different worlds "in the same game".
* Server admins would use it to create mining worlds / "per player" dimensions with much more control than mystcraft offers.
* existing SSP or SMP could import scenario worlds like Skyblock, or Nyvarld and host them as dimensions rather than requiring additional server instances.
* People get to revisit their old content - that perhaps was generated with a smaller mod set, while having a new area with new worldgen to explore for their new builds.

Last edited:

BugMcVagh

Jul 29, 2019
I’d also like to make a suggestion!
Now before I start, I don’t know much about mods on the legal side of things, but this idea is about something that would build upon already existing mods. I don’t know how it can be solved.
So, what I’m really missing is a sort of roleplay mod that allows you to play as different species with different rulesets. Two mods came close to it:

Morph:
Pros: Scaling hitbox, functional features
Cons: Uses mobs that already in the game, vanilla and modded. Not sure if it can be built upon with extra content purely as player character, lack of customization.

More player models 2:
Pros: Modular / scaleable ( I guess that another mod could ask for the values and scale the hitbox accordingly, rounded up to halfblocks (quarter if we want multi part support))
Cons: Purely aesthetic, unsure if it does it’s things in the right way from a coding standpoint ( I’m always thinking like that when I see a forge mod who’s author not really the part of the FTB modder community (or I just missed it somewhere))

(Regardless the things I said, I love you iChun and Noppes! ^^)

So anyway, as I was saying, I wish to see a bit more drastic and different rulesets, balanced by lore, not for equality. But of course, key words for all these functions are: adjustable and toggleable.

Character creation before spawning, without the ability to change mid game. Permadeath. Toggleable ofc and it would mean creating a new character.
Species specific stats ofc (speed, health), abilities ( ok, iChun already did that…).
Active abilities? Acting like an inventory item except it cannot be dropped. It could only be on the hotbar and it’s specific inventory (something like the backpack inventory in Tinker’s construct). Sort of like the usable skills in Wow.
I’d also like to see different inventory sizes depending on the creature. And restriction on item usage (did you see a dragon with a shovel? Me neither… ). Even on the basis of mods.
Now this part is going to be weird, interspecies interaction. Functions for eg.: allowing a player playing as a dragon to be used as a mount (would require to specify the block on the mount model which the other player inherits it’s movement, also relative place where it sits). Ability for a humanoid player to put on equipment on other player creatures, that wouldn’t be able to do so for themselves (like horse armor). Also, ability to pick up entities and players, if the size difference is over some limit. (not as an item, but for eg. as the portal gun does it, just placed on the appropriate limb (should I call it forced mounting? :) ))

Optional ideas:
Some deformations triggered by gameplay events (becoming undead, glowing green aura after standing too close and for too long to an IC2 reactor… )
Parent-child system (spawning near one of them, with a species restricted character creation. Chooseable, would need a list to browse through the “parents wanting someone”, or perhaps using an invisible spectator character? Would also require aging function)
Species specific and learnable languages? ( again, I’m taking the idea from wow… kek…)

That is all; thank you, and apologies for the long and/or weird post and linguistic errors. As I was saying, I’m not a modder, but I hope someone picks up the idea. If so, I’d happy to help as I could (making visual assets for eg. Modelling, drawing, I can do those…)

acker

Jul 29, 2019
Was messing in Orteil's Nested and found a Dyson Sphere.

I google it for researching purposes and I want to build a mega structure to gather energy of the Sun!

I want to build a spaceship (yeah, I do know that there is a mod that does that), and get closer to the sun and build a mega structure to gather heat, light and so on, to build a habitable structure around the sun!

I do not care about level of difficulty or something like that, I just want to drain all resources from Overworld and build my own spacecolony around the sun!

I'M SO EXCITED.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I want to build a spaceship (yeah, I do know that there is a mod that does that), and get closer to the sun and build a mega structure to gather heat, light and so on, to build a habitable structure around the sun!
The problem is that the Minecraft world is flat, and a structure that surrounds the sun would need to curve. There may be some trickery that you could use to make the world wrap around at the edges, but tile entities that cross chunk boundaries would be a real problem when the world wraps as you'd need to move entire strips of chunks in order to give the illusion of a wrap-around world. Also a Dyson Sphere (or even a Niven Ring) would be much, much, much, much, much bigger than the Minecraft world (and that's already a log bigger than the Earth).

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see mod, similar in some ways to mystcraft, but whose only purpose is to incorporate savegames as dimensions.

*YES*!

For a long time, I was wanting to use Mystcraft for that purpose.
But as Mystcraft matured, it got father away from doing that.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
think there should be a many armours mod that adds 200+ new armours
thanks Axololtlmc12
There's millions of these. Divine RPG would probably the most interesting thing to you. It adds lots of dimensions, new armor and tools, mobs and more.

igzzie

Jul 29, 2019
How hard would it be to create machine that is basically advanced drawbridge, but can store other machines in itself. And when it extends, those extended blocks are machines AS tile entities. So you can interact with those when they are out.
It would be cool to store full AE autocrafting chamber into the floor, push a button and have it get out of the ground, automatically connect to provided cables and working. Or have rows of IC2 machines retract into floor/walls when you're finished with production.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
How hard would it be to create machine that is basically advanced drawbridge, but can store other machines in itself. And when it extends, those extended blocks are machines AS tile entities. So you can interact with those when they are out.
It would be cool to store full AE autocrafting chamber into the floor, push a button and have it get out of the ground, automatically connect to provided cables and working. Or have rows of IC2 machines retract into floor/walls when you're finished with production.
Can't drawbridges already place all kind of blocks? So I assume having an retractable mac could be possible, the tricky part would be to have a certain order in which the parts get placed.
BTW isn't there an advanced drawbridge? Can anyone tell us what it does?

igzzie

Jul 29, 2019
Can't drawbridges already place all kind of blocks? So I assume having an retractable mac could be possible, the tricky part would be to have a certain order in which the parts get placed.

drawbridges can place all kind of blocks. but when you place machines in them, and get those retracted, you can't access machines inventories. same with advanced drawbridges. you can place MAC parts in, arrange those as you like to form MAC when retracted, but when right-clicked, you don't get it's interface, and you can't connect cables to it.
there is a thaumatic tinkerer block, transvector interface i believe it's called that can switch blocks. there is MFFS that can move blocks. but nothing similar to simple drawbridge. i don't see it being anything OP, it's just some container that can push out your machine. so yeah, something like this would be really cool to have

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The problem is that when it retracts the last block of the MAC, the tile entity is destroyed and all the patterns would probably be deleted or spill out into the world. The super-drawbridge or "tilebridge" would have to save the tile entity and re-create it, overriding the mod's own construction of a new tile entity.

igzzie

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is that when it retracts the last block of the MAC, the tile entity is destroyed and all the patterns would probably be deleted or spill out into the world. The super-drawbridge or "tilebridge" would have to save the tile entity and re-create it, overriding the mod's own construction of a new tile entity.

yeah, this type of drawbridge should somehow save the state of block that is placed in it. so if you place energy cell in it's inventory, when retracted it should know cell's energy rate. or machines inventory, and so on.