Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody here read comics? More specifically, Disney comics? Even more specifically, Don Rosa's famous story "A matter of some gravity"? If not, please take a minute to read...

In this story, Donald Duck and his uncle Scrooge are hit by a spell with an interesting effect: For them, gravity goes sideways instead of down (with hilarious results). To retreive the stolen macGuffin of the story, they have to walk on walls, climb furniture, jump from tree to tree and parachute along the ground.

Is it possible to do something like this in Minecraft? Either temporarily (a breakable curse like in the story, or a potion effect or what have you) or as a full-on conversion? Effectively, the world would be tilted 90 degrees sideways. Open plains become huge, vertical walls. Mountains and hills would create ledges, either for you to make bases on or slam into at terrifying speeds. Forests would provide some safety, as long as you didn't misjudge the distance from tree to tree. And diamond mining would involve tunneling sideways from the surface. It would provide a cool twist on the gameplay, though to get anywhere you'd have to build lots of stairs across the landscape (or jump and hope for the best).

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody here read comics? More specifically, Disney comics? Even more specifically, Don Rosa's famous story "A matter of some gravity"? If not, please take a minute to read...

In this story, Donald Duck and his uncle Scrooge are hit by a spell with an interesting effect: For them, gravity goes sideways instead of down (with hilarious results). To retreive the stolen macGuffin of the story, they have to walk on walls, climb furniture, jump from tree to tree and parachute along the ground.

Is it possible to do something like this in Minecraft? Either temporarily (a breakable curse like in the story, or a potion effect or what have you) or as a full-on conversion? Effectively, the world would be tilted 90 degrees sideways. Open plains become huge, vertical walls. Mountains and hills would create ledges, either for you to make bases on or slam into at terrifying speeds. Forests would provide some safety, as long as you didn't misjudge the distance from tree to tree. And diamond mining would involve tunneling sideways from the surface. It would provide a cool twist on the gameplay, though to get anywhere you'd have to build lots of stairs across the landscape (or jump and hope for the best).
I think there's a mod to turn gravity around (or atleast there used to be), but sideways worlds... Sounds interesting!

SmirkNMerk

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt this is the right place for this but I didn't see anywhere else that would be more appropriate. I'd love to see red net from MFR be compatible with Forge Multipart so I can place covers on rednet cables.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I want One Mod to Rule Them All!
There already is. It's called Better Than Wolves.
F5CB59F85FB1C445802CFC85204269D9C02FADB4

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Ooo that's right. But wait, the only thing I haven't heard about that mod is anything about wolves. Go figure

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
It makes wolves poo. (And the poo is actually useful)
Wait what mod did you make a big one orrrrr dirt to diamonds? Also what are the requirements for mod dev? Me and a few people are working on a mod flesh craft its around page 25 26 ish in this thread we now have are own thread and I'm curious as to if you have to be the one who released the mod or coding or even just the recipes gui set up and mechanics basically the bones the code grows on

Reactions: kaovalin

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
Wait what mod did you make a big one orrrrr dirt to diamonds? Also what are the requirements for mod dev? Me and a few people are working on a mod flesh craft its around page 25 26 ish in this thread we now have are own thread and I'm curious as to if you have to be the one who released the mod or coding or even just the recipes gui set up and mechanics basically the bones the code grows on
I made Veinminer and Planterhelper. As for the mod dev I'd suggest taking via pm to Jadedcat.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Cannons, catapults and artillery. ICBM has some of these but is not really about them. There could be player and NPC cannons for transportation, siege weapons, hwatchas, all kinds of fun things.

Occasionally sieging NPCs would spawn outside your base, armed with cowapults and sending a squad in if they can see a path to an obvious base block like a bed or a beacon. This will give you an excuse to build trap corridors.

By default the NPCs can't break blocks. On challenge mode they try to set a barrel of gunpowder next to anything with a tile entity, and also use explosives if they're stuck for too long.

You can make them go away by constructing a tribute altar nearby. NPCs will accept cows, sheep, villagers, and golden apples as tribute and duly not spawn in nearby chunks.

I would also like huge, challenging dungeons that do not cause lag and for it to be somehow possible to have a whiskey swimming pool.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
You can't just add in they don't cause lag and expect no lag -_- but really good idea I know there's a mod that adds in a item that causes mobs to come in waves to get to destroy it the build ladders destroy blocks and over all do epic stuff I don't know how useful the mod is seeing as its more of a mini game and not random so I do think this is a cool idea

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
I think you should make an adventury mod. There isnt many of those out there. Im trying to add an adventure and a tech side to my mod but I know that will be a while.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I want a compass that points to a nearby village.

Now, that's going to be hard, in general. So let me say this:

I want a compass that, uses the 164 (and later) structure files, points to the nearest generated village.

The cost of this compass? Probably expensive. A compass, the Extra Utilities trading post, perhaps some trade goods (emerald, paper, wheat, etc), and ... ???

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey

I want a compass that, uses the 164 (and later) structure files, points to the nearest generated village.

The cost of this compass? Probably expensive. A compass, the Extra Utilities trading post, perhaps some trade goods (emerald, paper, wheat, etc), and ... ???
Maybe you can get it as a very rare trade from a villager.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro

This is all pointless I'm pretty sure that extra utilities adds in a village locator in not sure if it's in extra utilities I just know that in the direwolf pack there is one I'm starting to get annoyed with how many people ask for a mod aaaaaaand already exists

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
This is all pointless I'm pretty sure that extra utilities adds in a village locator in not sure if it's in extra utilities I just know that in the direwolf pack there is one I'm starting to get annoyed with how many people ask for a mod aaaaaaand already exists
I think it's from open blocks.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I did not know that there was one.

Open Blocks? Isn't that the mish-mash of kitchen-sink type of add-ons?