Request Suggest mods for creation here

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I'd like a realistic version of Redpower Frames that utilize Rotarycraft axles. You have a 'wheel' block, which when placed on a surface (such as minecart tracks), and given power via a powerful enough engine, will move forward taking any connected parts (such as the engine) with it. While this would not be particularly fast, it would make realistic and capable moving machines.

Other parts (ie: Rotarycraft Jet engines) could be coupled to make different kinds of movement. Tank tracks could be coupled to two wheels on the same axis (much like Belts in Rotarycraft) to create a more mobile vehicle capable of driving on all surfaces rather than just train tracks. Turning a vehicle would work in an intuitive manner, if a railway track curved and there was sufficient room, then the vehicle would convert to an entity, play an animation of rotating 90 degrees, then convert back and carry on. If a vehicle with caterpillar tracks turned one track forward and the other backwards, then the vehicle would likewise rotate on the spot (like tracks behave in the real world). Of course, traditional steering like most four wheeled vehicles do in the real world would not be possible as it would be difficult to implement.

A problem with this is at the moment (in my understanding), is that Reika has not added dual-direction rotation to axles/shafts (for example, when powered, a shaft will play a generic animation of rotating clockwise, and will transmit with it data of the shaft's torque and speed, but not whether it is turning clockwise or anticlockwise). Due to this, a lot of what I have described would be impossible. Therefore, I propose a block that is capable of inverting the mechanical direction of power when it is placed directly next to a wheel, and changing directions when given a redstone current. (it would simply change the direction of the wheel and not require a total rewrite of the Rotarycraft API.) A block could also be added called the 'cockpit', which if the player sat in it, would convert WASD movement into redstone signals at each side of the cockpit, allowing for complex control systems to be made.

While this would be reasonably difficult to implement (I'm not asking for Reika to add this functionality to Rotarycraft), I'm pretty sure the license of Jakj's Redstone in Motion mod allows for the mod to be modified (check the licensing here:). Someone with enough knowledge in Java could probably take Redstone in Motion and add this functionality to it (of course this might require a full rewrite of the machines in the mod, and possibly the way it handles motion, but it could be done).

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
With everyone starting to use in-game books for their mod information, what about getting a book to start with that lists each of those books? With new mods it's hard to keep track of what one have special books. Maybe even have an option to make a special bookcase that lets you read all those books without having to craft each one?

Badger

Jul 29, 2019
We
What would you suggest for difficulty? I'm not mad or anything, just curious is all.

Well, unlimited water sources would have to be removed. it could probably be in-line with say... the farm pack, as far as difficulty, but with somewhat stringent forms of water control. say, openblocks tanks and sprinklers.

I am not a huge fan of micromanagement, but in a survival pack it could certainly be an issue. One thing I DO NOT like, however, is magic farm's ridiculous biome growth demands. I could see biome demands if there was a way for stuff to recognise if it is 'inside' or something (greenhouses?), and I can also see light level 16 demands (lightstone) for growing.

In essence there would have to be 3 major factors. A new animal (with requisite survival requirements) such as a milkable camel or enabling sheep to be milked/produce lamb chops, disabling of all other biomes (although minibiomes like BOP's oasis and 'desert' biomes like outback would be acceptable) an alteration of the hydration mechanic so that only a watering can (extra utilities) or sprinkler (open blocks) is capable of hydrating it, and a mod specifically to enable you to 'milk' cactus for water blocks.

I could even build the pack with existing resources with the exception of the sheep/camel thing and a bucket destroying a cactus for water.

Anyone feel like making a mod that allows you to milk sheep, makes them spawn in the desert, and break a cactus for a water bucket? this is a totally doable, and clean, concept.

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
We

Well, unlimited water sources would have to be removed. it could probably be in-line with say... the farm pack, as far as difficulty, but with somewhat stringent forms of water control. say, openblocks tanks and sprinklers.

I am not a huge fan of micromanagement, but in a survival pack it could certainly be an issue. One thing I DO NOT like, however, is magic farm's ridiculous biome growth demands. I could see biome demands if there was a way for stuff to recognise if it is 'inside' or something (greenhouses?), and I can also see light level 16 demands (lightstone) for growing.

In essence there would have to be 3 major factors. A new animal (with requisite survival requirements) such as a milkable camel or enabling sheep to be milked/produce lamb chops, disabling of all other biomes (although minibiomes like BOP's oasis and 'desert' biomes like outback would be acceptable) an alteration of the hydration mechanic so that only a watering can (extra utilities) or sprinkler (open blocks) is capable of hydrating it, and a mod specifically to enable you to 'milk' cactus for water blocks.

I could even build the pack with existing resources with the exception of the sheep/camel thing and a bucket destroying a cactus for water.

Anyone feel like making a mod that allows you to milk sheep, makes them spawn in the desert, and break a cactus for a water bucket? this is a totally doable, and clean, concept.

You could probably quite easily do this with Custom Stuff 2 in conjunction with MineTweaker.

Robbo347

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps not so much as a full blown mod, more of a tweak to a vanilla minecraft thing. I play on Peaceful due to my laptop being a lower end computor, and spawning all those entities, drops my framerates even lower than what it currently is, which is nearly unplayable. But I like to farm. I want to farm and automate farms and eat, but I cant do that without playing on at least easy (as far as Im aware). I dont know what everyone else thinks, but thats something I'd like to see.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps not so much as a full blown mod, more of a tweak to a vanilla minecraft thing. I play on Peaceful due to my laptop being a lower end computor, and spawning all those entities, drops my framerates even lower than what it currently is, which is nearly unplayable. But I like to farm. I want to farm and automate farms and eat, but I cant do that without playing on at least easy (as far as Im aware). I dont know what everyone else thinks, but thats something I'd like to see.

Do you eat mobs?

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
What he means is that on peaceful you never get hungry but he wants to actually have to do stuff to not die of starvation basically he likes being hungry but by vanillas mechanics he can't be without lag

Also I feel so proud of my laptop I say first thought my laptop was cheap because it lagged on mod packs but then I allowed it to use more memory as RAM and changed the performance to high and realized that most people use computers not laptops for minecraft the moral of the story is that you should adjust your laptops settings instead of balanced power use high set visual settings from balanced to performance. Also in minecraft turning vsinc off might help

Robbo347

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the assist Derpysauce.

And yeah I turn all my settings down low in minecraft, allocate 2.5gigs of Ram and have battery set to high performance. Havent done that vsyn thing, wil try that

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
It kinda effects performance I see a very distinct difference vsinc off seams to drop fps but helps stuttering also if you hold ctr f11 or 12 it opens a guy on your computer select advanced and there should be a graphics tab that has a scroll bar it defaults to balanced change it to performance that helps

Bedeude

Jul 29, 2019
A mod I would love to see be created, and since Jaded likes a challenge (points at Magic Farm 2), would be a mod that introduces illness & disease. Depending on what you are exposed to or do in the environment, you could catch a cold, sickness, or disease you need to get checked out. Each illness would have different effects, some could have visible effects while others may only have debuffs (Ex: Repeated falling into lava leads to severe burns, causing random weakness spells). To get treated you'd be forced to find a village with a doctor, or 'medicine man' and trade them something for medicine or a vaccine (maybe later on you could create your own lab to treat yourself). Certain mods that are enabled would make certain illnesses pop up, ex: IC2, repeated exposure to mining uranium leads to cellular mutation causing random nausea & fatigue effects, as well as possible growths.

Reactions: kaiomann

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
It kinda effects performance I see a very distinct difference vsinc off seams to drop fps but helps stuttering also if you hold ctr f11 or 12 it opens a guy on your computer select advanced and there should be a graphics tab that has a scroll bar it defaults to balanced change it to performance that helps
actually it tends to drop fps if it's on until 1.7. Also, it should be noted that the f11/f12 thing is not available for OSX.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
A mod I would love to see be created, and since Jaded likes a challenge (points at Magic Farm 2), would be a mod that introduces illness & disease. Depending on what you are exposed to or do in the environment, you could catch a cold, sickness, or disease you need to get checked out. Each illness would have different effects, some could have visible effects while others may only have debuffs (Ex: Repeated falling into lava leads to severe burns, causing random weakness spells). To get treated you'd be forced to find a village with a doctor, or 'medicine man' and trade them something for medicine or a vaccine (maybe later on you could create your own lab to treat yourself). Certain mods that are enabled would make certain illnesses pop up, ex: IC2, repeated exposure to mining uranium leads to cellular mutation causing random nausea & fatigue effects, as well as possible growths.
there is a mod like that called enviromine, you can even go insane

Reevin

Jul 29, 2019
I got an idea for a mod exclusively for FTB the other day. Since I saw this thread I figured, this would be a good place to put it.

Wipe Chest
Sometimes on a server you have to wipe the map. This most commonly occurs when you update or install a new modpack. New maps just aren't all that compatible with old items. This problem is that wiping sucks for players that have played a LONG time, and they lose everything, whereas for new players this means starting on an even playing field with everyone else. A lot of time there can be compatibility issues and it's hard to decided whether or not to allow players to bring anything over from the old server. Especially since in just 1 item you could have an ME drive with tens of thousands of UU matter, uranium, diamond, bee serums, and be ready for endgame the first day.

Wipe Chest is a concept for this exact act. For servers that wish to reward players that have been on the server a long time while controlling what they can bring with them. Wipe Chest would be completely configurable to any servers needs, but let's say for default, you can put in this chest 1 item for each: Head - Chest - Legs - Feet - 3 Tools (diamond pickaxe, Vajra, etc...) 3 stacks of any allowed resource (diamond, UU, uranium, etc...) and One stack of anything you wish that does not contain an inventory (ME-Drives, Force Wrenched chests, etc...) Naturally of course you can limit or increase these as you see fit. It might be a bit much to allow a player to bring a Vajra to a new world, especially since they wouldn't have a way to charge it for a while, but I would see allowing Classic enchanted diamond tools here.

The point to this mod would be these items aren't given to the player, but instead are stored there by them. For new players this wouldn't mean much unless they want to throw their iron armor and first diamond pickaxe in there since they had the luck of just joining the server, but if say I had been playing for months and a new map was coming up, I wouldn't think bringing my power armor over would be a good idea, but if I could work on making a really good enchanted diamond armor and tool set and put those in there, that would be really convenient to start the new map with. I also shed a tear of that perfect bee I made for breeding, every desirable stat maxed, even the ones you have to progress Thaumcraft to get. (Fastest worker, largest area)

When the server updates and installs the new modpack or updates the old one, the configuration file which contains the inventories for all the players on the server will remain outside the folders for the other mods and be titled in a way so that the owner knows not to remove the file. Ideally it would be configured with endgame classic items which would make a restart compatible with any new modpack. If say a player stored an allowed item in that chest and the mod wasn't installed for it, a page would be there instead informing the player, that item was still stocked, and to just leave the page in there, and once that mod is in, the item they stored will be available.

The advantages of this mod are that it addresses a frustrating issue with FTB and that's New Maps are a pain to start out on, and it takes the burden of any and all item carryovers from old maps away from server operators, beyond configuration, and puts it in the hands of the players.

Reactions: Derpysauce

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
I got an idea for a mod exclusively for FTB the other day. Since I saw this thread I figured, this would be a good place to put it.

Wipe Chest
Sometimes on a server you have to wipe the map. This most commonly occurs when you update or install a new modpack. New maps just aren't all that compatible with old items. This problem is that wiping sucks for players that have played a LONG time, and they lose everything, whereas for new players this means starting on an even playing field with everyone else. A lot of time there can be compatibility issues and it's hard to decided whether or not to allow players to bring anything over from the old server. Especially since in just 1 item you could have an ME drive with tens of thousands of UU matter, uranium, diamond, bee serums, and be ready for endgame the first day.

Wipe Chest is a concept for this exact act. For servers that wish to reward players that have been on the server a long time while controlling what they can bring with them. Wipe Chest would be completely configurable to any servers needs, but let's say for default, you can put in this chest 1 item for each: Head - Chest - Legs - Feet - 3 Tools (diamond pickaxe, Vajra, etc...) 3 stacks of any allowed resource (diamond, UU, uranium, etc...) and One stack of anything you wish that does not contain an inventory (ME-Drives, Force Wrenched chests, etc...) Naturally of course you can limit or increase these as you see fit. It might be a bit much to allow a player to bring a Vajra to a new world, especially since they wouldn't have a way to charge it for a while, but I would see allowing Classic enchanted diamond tools here.

The point to this mod would be these items aren't given to the player, but instead are stored there by them. For new players this wouldn't mean much unless they want to throw their iron armor and first diamond pickaxe in there since they had the luck of just joining the server, but if say I had been playing for months and a new map was coming up, I wouldn't think bringing my power armor over would be a good idea, but if I could work on making a really good enchanted diamond armor and tool set and put those in there, that would be really convenient to start the new map with. I also shed a tear of that perfect bee I made for breeding, every desirable stat maxed, even the ones you have to progress Thaumcraft to get. (Fastest worker, largest area)

When the server updates and installs the new modpack or updates the old one, the configuration file which contains the inventories for all the players on the server will remain outside the folders for the other mods and be titled in a way so that the owner knows not to remove the file. Ideally it would be configured with endgame classic items which would make a restart compatible with any new modpack. If say a player stored an allowed item in that chest and the mod wasn't installed for it, a page would be there instead informing the player, that item was still stocked, and to just leave the page in there, and once that mod is in, the item they stored will be available.

The advantages of this mod are that it addresses a frustrating issue with FTB and that's New Maps are a pain to start out on, and it takes the burden of any and all item carryovers from old maps away from server operators, beyond configuration, and puts it in the hands of the players.
Hmm pretty good idea not completely over powered and yet makes someone feel happy I know what I would bring stacks of blocks of dddddddiiiiiii aaaaaaa mmmmmmmm dirt tons of dirt and a dirt chest

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I need a mod that allows you to save the minecraft difficulty per world, and not global :(