Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, by world I thought you meant dimension :p

no.... not per dimension. I know there are mods out there that allow you to control the entity spawn rate per world, but I haven't found one yet that works well with all the modded entities

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
no.... not per dimension. I know there are mods out there that allow you to control the entity spawn rate per world, but I haven't found one yet that works well with all the modded entities
have you tried doing doMobspawning false when you enter a creative world and just setting the game difficulty to what you want

Reactions: Yusunoha

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
I.... no, actually not. I didn't know about such a command yet... thanks for the tip :)
if you type /gamerule theres a ton of commands that rly help mobgriefing false makes endermen not take blocks creeper not exploding zombies dont break doors and mobs dont pick up armor also who needs mods! mojangs planning on making it so that you can set a world to a difficulty and no matter what you cant change it :D sets to normal... finds silver fish OMG IMA DYE MI WURD BLARG *reaches for difficulty button* NOOOOOOOOOOO

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
if you type /gamerule theres a ton of commands that rly help mobgriefing false makes endermen not take blocks creeper not exploding zombies dont break doors and mobs dont pick up armor also who needs mods! mojangs planning on making it so that you can set a world to a difficulty and no matter what you cant change it :D sets to normal... finds silver fish OMG IMA DYE MI WURD BLARG *reaches for difficulty button* NOOOOOOOOOOO

I've known about gamerule, I often used it to prevent creepers from wrecking my yard, but it's been a while since I last used gamerule as there were mod alternatives that I preferred using instead

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
I've known about gamerule, I often used it to prevent creepers from wrecking my yard, but it's been a while since I last used gamerule as there were mod alternatives that I preferred using instead
well the point is dont worry your little head mojang will make it all better and force you into playing on hard the hole time unless they scrap the idea just like pigmen :( btw mod idea make nether villages there like the overworld variants but with pigmen villagers zombie pigmen hate them they trade gold instead of emeralds they have the nether variants of the crops and for a golem have a pink wither :3 #minecraft2.0

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
well the point is dont worry your little head mojang will make it all better and force you into playing on hard the hole time unless they scrap the idea just like pigmen :( btw mod idea make nether villages there like the overworld variants but with pigmen villagers zombie pigmen hate them they trade gold instead of emeralds they have the nether variants of the crops and for a golem have a pink wither :3 #minecraft2.0

I believe Better Dungeons add a Nether Village structure to the Nether with pigmen as villagers, though instead of being friendly like villagers, they'll kill you right away, without even aggroing them

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
I believe Better Dungeons add a Nether Village structure to the Nether with pigmen as villagers, though instead of being friendly like villagers, they'll kill you right away, without even aggroing them
ya i know i have seen this it has fliping harry pork chop the wizard with his wither skeles

Reevin

Jul 29, 2019
I would also like to see an update to the nether. Raise the ceiling to 255 like overworld, and add all kinds of new structures. Since just fortresses gets kinda lame, and no loot or valuables spawn in them anyways aside from netherwart. I'd love to see a Nether Stronghold that spawns in a sunken structure under a massive lava lake. Try digging your way into that one :D

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
There's the amplified game mode and better dungeons but I have to agree vanilla spawns are stupid strong holds have no loot there's no point in searching through them and there super rare

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Strongholds aren't "super rare" as long as you know the spawning rules:

There are three of them, about equal distance from 0,0, about 600-1200 meters out. Find one, and you can locate the other three about 120 degrees to the left and right around that circle.

Plus, you can find them via Eyes of Ender. They're not hard to find.

And loot? Silverfish spawner, that's the "rare" thing only found three times per vanilla world.

(NB: WTFBBQOMG who/which mod decided to put silverfish spawner dungeons in!? Creeper dungeons are bad enough, but at least they self destruct.).

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've had this idea for a mod for a while now. I know there are some mods who already do this, but I haven't seen the one I am thinking about.
basically it's the starter chest from vanilla minecraft, which you get when you spawn a new world with some items to help you along in the beginning

but instead of it being a chest, I would rather like it to be a bag that you receive when you spawn/join a new world.
the bag would be like the dartcraft loot bags, meaning you can take items out, but can't put items back in, and when you take out the last item out of the bag, the bag will automatically delete itself

through a configuration file you'll be able to choose what items/tools will be in the starterbag, this would also move any other starter items you'd get on world creation/loading to the starter bag (for example the beginner book from Tinker's Construct and the guide from Rotarycraft)
this way you can keep your inventory pretty small and you'll be able to gather more items in the beginning, as you can leave the items you won't need right away in the bag.

some things that you could for example put in the starterbag are the guides from mods. you'd only get 1 book from each mod, and if you lose it it'd mean you'd have to craft it yourself the next time. I always find myself not beginning with mods because I don't have the guides from them. but if I were to have those guides upon world creation/loading, I'd start with those mods sooner.

you could also put in some food items, torches, stone pickaxes/shovels/axes/swords, or perhaps some Tinker's Construct tools like the hammer or excavator so the player can build their base faster, but to not make it too easy, the hammer or excavator would be made completely out of wood, so it wouldn't be the most efficient tool to use.

I know slow was talking about similar like this a while ago, but both slow and the mods who add something similar to this add a chest, and a chest can't be picked up without losing it's inventory... and having all those items/tools in your inventory decreases the amount of resources you can gather while you're searching for an area to build your base

this mod could also be used for servers to give a book to their users with things like server commands and rules in them.

Last edited:

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Strongholds aren't "super rare" as long as you know the spawning rules:

There are three of them, about equal distance from 0,0, about 600-1200 meters out. Find one, and you can locate the other three about 120 degrees to the left and right around that circle.

Plus, you can find them via Eyes of Ender. They're not hard to find.

And loot? Silverfish spawner, that's the "rare" thing only found three times per vanilla world.

(NB: WTFBBQOMG who/which mod decided to put silverfish spawner dungeons in!? Creeper dungeons are bad enough, but at least they self destruct.).
Silver fish drop nothing there spawning mechanics are unique but at
Still meh

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you could try to use them as a mass digging force, they will leave the ores behind and dig up stone for you.

(Just because Etho messed up and couldn't make it work ...)