Request Suggest mods for creation here

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Better Cake!
Create biome specific mobs and plants (eventually compatible with biomes created by other mods) that can be used to make food. You spawn in a new world with a recipe book that has basic recipes (bread, cake, cooked meats, baked potatoes, etc) and every time you complete a recipe a new page in the book appears for directions to make a new type of food. Eventually you'll need EU/MJ (maybe have the same system as AE?) to power some of the food processing blocks and multiblocks. Since the recipes will get more expensive (probably end up using diamonds, nether stars, and silk-touched blocks) and the flora/fauna will require a bit of travelling to acquire, the foods will eventually give you very strong buffs for long durations (creative-mode flight, silk touch, high stacks of fortune, extra temporary hearts, better underwater movement, gills, etc.​

In addition to the food and processing machines you'll have to make some early-game tools to make mid-level foods such as meat cleavers/tenderizers, cheese graters, frying pans, and hunting knives (more meat per mob killed). In the mid-game you could build refrigerators that act as a cheap alternative of AE storage for completed food and food ingredients.​
You could enable wannabe-GregTech-mode where raw food poisons you and all vanilla foods require more work to make (mortar and pestle wheat + water = dough. Dough + brick baking oven + coal = bread)​
Better Homes
Adds blocks for people who want a nicer/more practical base. Things like bigger doors, secret lamps, more music disks, and directional lights (only shine in one direction in a straight line, 90 degrees, 180 degrees or 270 degrees).​

That first one sounds amazingly great and brilliant and awesome, I want.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Came of from FTB Ultimate to FTB Unleashed.

I miss red alloy wire and bundled cable. Im not asking for Red Power 2, just a mod that you can run redstone signals by wire up a wall on a roof, and the bundled cable is a absolute dream that i cant live without. 1.52 up

And the subsitute that i use when i dont want red alloy wire is wireless redstone.

Is there anything out there that could do it already? I searched and found nothing

This is what you are looking for! :)
Project Red:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1885652-152-162-project-red-an-rp2-replacement-v32134-7262013/

grimmjsb

Jul 29, 2019
Better paintings... easy drop and folder for images for paintings and rightclick interface with paintings to see all the different picture choices. Also could add some different painting sizes not simply based on the image size but on the frame size

TheCountChuckula

Jul 29, 2019
Better paintings... easy drop and folder for images for paintings and rightclick interface with paintings to see all the different picture choices. Also could add some different painting sizes not simply based on the image size but on the frame size
More paintings
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...tings-no-more-bugs/page__hl__ more paintings
it's compatible with Painting selection GUI
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1897999-162forge-painting-selection-gui-hassle-free-paintings/
Both are 1.6.2

SHBadger

Jul 29, 2019
How bout a mod that adds better quarries like with upgrades such as silk touch or fortune and stuff like that

nsg11132

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't seen it yet, so I would like to see an egg incubator for a proper chicken farm.[DOUBLEPOST=1374361501][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, perhaps a mod that allows you to form ships in any way you wish, and with the proper activator, give it the ability to set sail. I know it already exists, but it hasn't been updated since 1.2.5

Um... its called Archimedes Ships and Im pretty sure its updated. Link here:http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1857899-162-152forge-archimedes-ships-v13-infinite-airships/

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
I, personally, would love to see a decent Pikmin mod. :D

My vision of the mod would involve TC golem-esque models and AI for the Pikmin, with a breeding system for more Pikmin (beyond the official types) a la Forestry. The real trick, of course, is that you have to breed Pikmin at the Onions, either by finding wild Onions in the world, or by building a specific type of Beacon that would summon one after a certain number of in-game days.

...Wait. Sengir and Azanor both visit the forums semi-regularly, right? They should totally work together to make this! :p

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Spaceshipable

Jul 29, 2019
My idea is one for gene splicing. You could have a gene sequencer, gene finder and an enzyme maker. The genes could be spliced into different animals/plants/the player to give different abilities. A fish gene for example could allow the player to breath under water for longer. A wheat gene spliced into cactus could make it grow using bonemeal. Animal splicing could be fun also. I can imaging a cow gene in a player for milk on tap :p

Also there could be side effects if the wrong gene was found or if it was not accepted by the host.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
After seeing this thread, I am very much interested in an "underwater lights" mod that could recreate the effect in a deliberate, customizable manner.

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
Tube transportation system. Similar to RP2 tubes or Buildcraft pipes, but for people. I can see it working similar to RP2 sorting system with a little computer craft.

"Sorters" would have two GUIs. One for the owner, and one for everyone else. On the owner GUI the player would be able to set the color and name machine. Each machine would detect the label and color of of the sorters on the same tube network. The second GUI would be one everyone else sees, and it would just show the different labels as a series of colored buttons.

Advanced "Sorters" would be the same as normal ones, but with the added ability to bio-metrically lock or password protect certain destinations, and would also be able to detect junction pipes.

Normal tubes would be just normal tubes that connect to each other, destination tubes, and junction tubes.

Destination tubes would be tubes with the front cut out so players can step inside. 2 or 3 of them would have to be stacked for them to function properly. They also link with a sorter, which is what tells the system what color that destination is.

Junction tube would connect to advanced sorters and each have a color and change the color of a player passing through them.

The basic system would be tubes and a basic "sorter". Each destination would have it's own color (the starting point would also be a destination.. or it would be most of the time). The player would walk up to a device (it could look like a computer or something) and select a destination, which would all be pre-set by the builder. Each destination would correspond to to a color. The system would not be "primed". Unless someone selects a different destination, the next person that walked into a special tube (a tube with a side cut off like on futurama) would be "painted" by the appropriate destination color and sucked through the pipe to the matching destination.

More complicated systems could have junctions along the way. There would be advanced "sorters". These advanced machines when linked to a starter pipe would function much like the basic sorter, but allow the owner to set a multiple colors for each destination (probably best to be able to set whether each color is a junction or sorter by being able to switch either a J or an S for each of the colors).

I think it would be pretty cool if this was made. I probably haven't though of all the details that would need to be done, but I think I've got a pretty good basic concept going. If someone was interesting in making the mod, I'd be happy to help them brainstorm the idea further.

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
can flans mod be part of a mod pack or a hole different mod pack

That depends on what the mod author wants and what the modpack is for. If they give permission, then it can. If they don't, you can always add it manually yourself.

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
Nuclear boilers: adds a nuclear firebox, each one corresponds to a column of a regular nuclear reactor (full 3*3 provides 9 columns: just like a full reactor). What we now want is for the reactor to provide heat to the boiler (using the regular energy pulses and some math) and prevent the fireboxes from melting down (using the regular reactor requirements). I this is a great way to integrate IC2 power generation and BC power by harnessing both's high-end long-term energy production machinery.

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
Nuclear boilers: adds a nuclear firebox, each one corresponds to a column of a regular nuclear reactor (full 3*3 provides 9 columns: just like a full reactor). What we now want is for the reactor to provide heat to the boiler (using the regular energy pulses and some math) and prevent the fireboxes from melting down (using the regular reactor requirements). I this is a great way to integrate IC2 power generation and BC power by harnessing both's high-end long-term energy production machinery.

I fee like there is a config option that has the nuclear reactor output steam instead of EU.