Request Suggest mods for creation here

Ptcdbrown

Jul 29, 2019
I know this mod already exists, but someone should make one compatible with Feed the Beast modpacks
Equivilant Exchange with tin, copper, iridium... etc.

Coalshed

Jul 29, 2019
If this already exists or has been suggested before I apologize but i have read through the thread and can't see anyone else mention this.

My suggestion may either be really simple or a total nightmare but since I'm no coder I don't know. Right time to get tot he point!

Someone once said "A block only has so many sides"and I had been thinking about this for a while. Is it possible to create a block that could connect to any single block such as a chest or a squeezer that would extend it's properties? This would effectively turn a single block into a multi-block and allow people with pipe OCD to keep it all neat. I'd like the mod to work with the pipe plugs and also be able to connect to itself.

I can see it's sort of a utilities thing but it's also a pipes type thing but could easily be a mod on it's own.

First post hoping for some good feedback

Coalshed.

Reactions: Smiletactician

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
With all the features of the minimap, I don't bother with the vanilla maps in FTB, although I do like them. A mod to combine a complete map with a painting that can be placed on the wall at a settable size would be cool. Once set it should no longer be tied to the map updates, allowing you to keep a bird's eye view of progress by making successive maps during a build. Item frames just aren't big enough to show off the detail the maps can capture. (This suggestion inspired by Zisteau's Mindcrack #10: The Life & Death of Geronimo)

Kingwut117

Jul 29, 2019
My friend and I were talking about a mod that uses projected graphical images to interface with inventories. (Think Iron Man hologram screens that he flicks around and pokes)
Basically, how it would work is you would move your cursor over a block and hit a certain key (click middle mouse?) and that blocks inventory (if applicable) floats onto the screen above the block. You could do this for multiple blocks near you and then hold down a different key (or the same) and you cursor would become unlocked from the center and could move around the screen. You would be able to interact with these inventories and you hotbar in the same way you would if you opened their inventories manually.

Applicably useful? Probably not. Faster than normal inventory interacting? Probably not. Freaking super awesome and amazing? Definitely!

Reactions: Otho and SkyBoy96

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
My friend and I were talking about a mod that uses projected graphical images to interface with inventories. (Think Iron Man hologram screens that he flicks around and pokes)
Basically, how it would work is you would move your cursor over a block and hit a certain key (click middle mouse?) and that blocks inventory (if applicable) floats onto the screen above the block. You could do this for multiple blocks near you and then hold down a different key (or the same) and you cursor would become unlocked from the center and could move around the screen. You would be able to interact with these inventories and you hotbar in the same way you would if you opened their inventories manually.

Applicably useful? Probably not. Faster than normal inventory interacting? Probably not. Freaking super awesome and amazing? Definitely!

<3 that'd be awesome <3

tEHFRECKLEZ

Jul 29, 2019
I would like someone to make a mod with multi block power storage and some special little circuit boards that you can make "condensed gates" with and these that need a block called a Project enclosures( you can find a model to work off of on radioshack) and these can work with redstone or mj ic2 or factorization power, if using power from mods you can develop more efficient transfer of electricity and power splitters for power except eu because ic2 has one, and these circuits can also regulate power and send the right amount to the right place. The mulitblock energy storage will be in the form of power grids and some methods like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_storage.

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
If this already exists or has been suggested before I apologize but i have read through the thread and can't see anyone else mention this.

My suggestion may either be really simple or a total nightmare but since I'm no coder I don't know. Right time to get tot he point!

Someone once said "A block only has so many sides"and I had been thinking about this for a while. Is it possible to create a block that could connect to any single block such as a chest or a squeezer that would extend it's properties? This would effectively turn a single block into a multi-block and allow people with pipe OCD to keep it all neat. I'd like the mod to work with the pipe plugs and also be able to connect to itself.

I can see it's sort of a utilities thing but it's also a pipes type thing but could easily be a mod on it's own.

First post hoping for some good feedback

Coalshed.

It looks like the guy who makes NEI (Chickencore?) has been working on a Micro-block API that would be allow blocks to be coded as either whole or partial. From what I have seen it looks like blocks (such as pipes, or torches) would be marked as not occupying the entire space, and will allow then to share space with other micro-blocks (like cable or a panel to hide the cable/pipe)

The other MOD is Immbis Microblocks. but i have no background on it.[DOUBLEPOST=1374781616][/DOUBLEPOST]
"Simple" one. A mod to better control the weather. It rains way too much, and for far too long. I keep thinking I should build an ark.

I blame Thaumcraft.[DOUBLEPOST=1374781695][/DOUBLEPOST]
<3 that'd be awesome <3

You've been watching Dig Build Live..

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
MoCreatures for FTB

Unfortunately the Mod creator wont allow distribution (to any pack) BUT you can install it yourself.[DOUBLEPOST=1374782052][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok This Mod Will Be VERY hard to make but very cool. what i want is a mod that adds experiments into mc like u take zombie blood by right clocking them with syringe and mix it with other bloods AndOr Items To Make A Serum That U can Inject to yourself to mak yourself run faster, jump higher ect but u have to put them through a litttle machine that maybe extracts certain parts of the blood and basiccly replaces zombie blood with like Controlled Zombie Blood or ssomething and u have to use the controlled ones to inject to yourself otherwise u would get 3 mins of Hunger or something.

Necromancy mod;

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
I would like a Drainage block which accepts fluids from pipes/liquiducts and then puts fluid source blocks in all air spaces on the same y-level that are contiguous to the Drainage block. Would be great for filling in artificial ponds. Especially if you like large pools of dye.

ChaoticCroc

Jul 29, 2019
Came of from FTB Ultimate to FTB Unleashed.

I miss red alloy wire and bundled cable. Im not asking for Red Power 2, just a mod that you can run redstone signals by wire up a wall on a roof, and the bundled cable is a absolute dream that i cant live without. 1.52 up

And the subsitute that i use when i dont want red alloy wire is wireless redstone.

Is there anything out there that could do it already? I searched and found nothing

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
Came of from FTB Ultimate to FTB Unleashed.
I miss red alloy wire and bundled cable. Im not asking for Red Power 2, just a mod that you can run redstone signals by wire up a wall on a roof, and the bundled cable is a absolute dream that i cant live without. 1.52 up

MFR Rednet is pretty amazing. Rednet cable contains all the same signal colors that bundled cable did. The cable automatically(configurable in game with tool) connects to any adjacent blocks it could send signal through. Each connection can be manually configured to what color it transmits or receives. So three different faces adjacent to the same cable could each be part of a different signal. Also it can support itself, so its better than bundled cable. It is CC friendly as far as I know.

Also MFR introduces a block called the Programmable Rednet Controller(PRC for short). This block contains a myriad of mostly analog circuits with lots of configuration options. Great for analog junkies. It comes with its own in game guide book.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
What I'd like is a mod that turns most underground resources like iron into veins.

I don't mean increasing the amount of resources in the world. I just mean that instead of finding 2-9 pieces of whatever resource, you instead find a vein the size of a coal vein. So the veins would be farther apart than the current clusters, but you'd find more of it when you did find some.

Reactions: Otho

ChaoticCroc

Jul 29, 2019
MFR Rednet is pretty amazing. Rednet cable contains all the same signal colors that bundled cable did. The cable automatically(configurable in game with tool) connects to any adjacent blocks it could send signal through. Each connection can be manually configured to what color it transmits or receives. So three different faces adjacent to the same cable could each be part of a different signal. Also it can support itself, so its better than bundled cable. It is CC friendly as far as I know.

Also MFR introduces a block called the Programmable Rednet Controller(PRC for short). This block contains a myriad of mostly analog circuits with lots of configuration options. Great for analog junkies. It comes with its own in game guide book.

Cool, thank you very much ;)

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like the guy who makes NEI (Chickencore?) has been working on a Micro-block API that would be allow blocks to be coded as either whole or partial. From what I have seen it looks like blocks (such as pipes, or torches) would be marked as not occupying the entire space, and will allow then to share space with other micro-blocks (like cable or a panel to hide the cable/pipe)

The other MOD is Immbis Microblocks. but i have no background on it.[DOUBLEPOST=1374781616][/DOUBLEPOST]

I blame Thaumcraft.[DOUBLEPOST=1374781695][/DOUBLEPOST]

You've been watching Dig Build Live..

I do :p

TheCountChuckula

Jul 29, 2019
I would like a mod that adds structures to the world that are mod centered. it's not that each mod should add their own, but rather a single mod that checks what mods are installed, and will generate custom structures based on that mod.
these structures contain most of the blocks and items of the mod it's generated for. to prevent making things to easy, these structures are protected to a similar way as Ars Magica does with it's structures. you can walk into the generated structures, and you can open chests and inventories, but you can not break any blocks. meaning a mod generated structure can be made very fancy looking with all kinds of blocks and machines, but you cannot collect them. you could also make it so that you can break the blocks in the case that the structure is in the way, but the block doesn't drop. and you might even go as far as actually making some tutorial structures for the mods. the reason I am suggesting a mod like this because I like mods that add structures to the world, making it more fun to explore your world, and it's also an alternative way of finding certain items that can only be found in dungeon chests, because as minecraft is, you sometimes just can't find an item you're looking for.

AtomicStryker made a mod that generates "ruins" based on text file templates. (using layer maps with item ids) You can even use item ids (or item names) from different mods, and it will generate the stuctures if the items match. I find it extremely useful, and you might have fun building stuff to generate. It doesn't "lock" stuff in place, but it does randomly generate stuff.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1113099-162-ruins-structure-spawning-system/

TheCountChuckula

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to see a mod that created blocks/items for use in game by looking in <foldername> for files named <blockname>.txt.block or <blocknumber/itemnumber>.txt.block/item, and used a texture file with the same name/id.
Example:
<config>
--<CustomStuff>
----newDirt.block # Text File (tags below)
--------type = block
--------ID = 22991
--------template = dirt (or 03)
--------differentSides = 1
--------side1Texture = 0,0 - 16,16
--------side2Texture = 17,0 - 32,16
--------topTexture = 0,17 - 16,32
--------bottomTexture = 17,17 - 32,32
--------
--------
----newDirt.texture

This would make a new in-game block with the characteristics of dirt, but with different texture.
You could add tags for smeltsInto = ID#, and such. Even simply make custom tools and weapons by making items with type = item, template = 276 (Diamond Sword) and add the tag damageModifier = (+/-)#, and usesModifier = (+/-)#, etc.

After this was done, you could have a handy tool for generating the text and image files for putting in the folder. (Maybe HTML/Java based)

In my head this seems like novice and advanced users would be able to easily use it to greatly customize their minecraft builds. As type are added to the game, even add fluids/liquids... some modifiers:
canBeInBucket = true/false
bucketId = 22999 # Right clicking the liquid in the world with a bucket converts a bucket to this itemID (and it would need it's own text file and template file for the mod)
playerContact = poison/fire/null
# these two could be used for fluids and items/blocks
useAsFuel = true/false
fuelModifier = #.# (coal = 8.0)

As yet, my idea only would be good for creative, but you could easily throw in the text file a section with a crafting recipe, and even tags for worldGen (custom ores, smelt into custom ingots, etc.)

The mod would load all the text files each time it loads and generate stuff as needed.

I am not a coder (last time i tried to code a mod I spent 2 hours trying to create one block, then cried because I was using the wrong version and rage quit) So this idea appeals to me. I am however really good with logic, and creating templates that would be easy to edit.

Reactions: Otho

Caaameron

Jul 29, 2019
Better Cake!
Create biome specific mobs and plants (eventually compatible with biomes created by other mods) that can be used to make food. You spawn in a new world with a recipe book that has basic recipes (bread, cake, cooked meats, baked potatoes, etc) and every time you complete a recipe a new page in the book appears for directions to make a new type of food. Eventually you'll need EU/MJ (maybe have the same system as AE?) to power some of the food processing blocks and multiblocks. Since the recipes will get more expensive (probably end up using diamonds, nether stars, and silk-touched blocks) and the flora/fauna will require a bit of travelling to acquire, the foods will eventually give you very strong buffs for long durations (creative-mode flight, silk touch, high stacks of fortune, extra temporary hearts, better underwater movement, gills, etc.​

In addition to the food and processing machines you'll have to make some early-game tools to make mid-level foods such as meat cleavers/tenderizers, cheese graters, frying pans, and hunting knives (more meat per mob killed). In the mid-game you could build refrigerators that act as a cheap alternative of AE storage for completed food and food ingredients.​
You could enable wannabe-GregTech-mode where raw food poisons you and all vanilla foods require more work to make (mortar and pestle wheat + water = dough. Dough + brick baking oven + coal = bread)​
Better Homes
Adds blocks for people who want a nicer/more practical base. Things like bigger doors, secret lamps, more music disks, and directional lights (only shine in one direction in a straight line, 90 degrees, 180 degrees or 270 degrees).​