Request Suggest mods for creation here

Jordor

Jul 29, 2019
I was trying to learn Java + modding (MAN this is difficult if you never programmed...)

These are my ideas:

World is been populated by other races before, so one of them was a high-tech civilisation and gone, forgotten --> this opens the opportunity of crypts or alien structures under the ground.

One ore: fractine. Rests of ancient high tech devices, broken. Their batteries have chemically destroyed the devices and made a crystal melting and solidifying everything. Kinda rare, allocated near crypts or ancient villages. Maybe loot?

Plasma tech (nothing to do with weapons) --> new kind of blocks that throw a blue sparkling beam from one of the directions (this is the base for the tech).
-Object translocator blocks (more? yes!). This time, you place those beam blocks and communicate between them, where the beams collide. Anything adjacent to the beam is able to communicate the net also.
-Plasma portal: ANOTHER DIMENSION (one more? yes! in addition to promised land, mystcraft, twilight forest...) brings to the world where these creatures came a long time ago. they are extinct, left nice and great technology.

Lots of decoration blocks (that was one of my initial points. It's somewhat easy to create new blocks, but the other things drive me crazy. I'm not even able to create my own furnace!!! DAMN IT.

A lot of more things to come, like planes, high-speed conveyors, tools and weapons, auto-buildable modules, new plants and mobs, maybe new biomes, new tree growing mechanic (only the mods' trees), etc...

Someone interested?

will be checking the forum!

edit: i was going to call it Aliocraft xD

Badger

Jul 29, 2019
What would you suggest for difficulty? I'm not mad or anything, just curious is all.
well, bearing in mind that water is an 'entry level' requirement for vanilla minecraft, it should probably be kept fairly low. Yes, it should be an issue (This is the desert) thus the three iron for the bucket, but four iron plus leather (cows do not spawn in desert) seems overly high for a single-purpose tool.

for a desert survival pack, I would suggest the following:

'all desert' worldspawn

alter buckets so they can be made of wood or leather.
cactus breakable with right-clicked buckets of any kind to produce bucket of water
desert weeds break for wheat
occasional 'dry dirt' spawns
cactus green is edible
cactus itself can be crafted (4 cactus in a square) to create 4 planks
additional plant: creosote bush (New block)
creosote bush can be 'milked' for buckets of creosote (forge ore compatible) the same way cactus can, or broken for seeds. Plantable on sand. can also be used for creosote bottles
'stove' (new block) fuelled by creosote or chips
'agave' (new block) cactus. can be crafted into sugar. grows naturally anyplace, but can only be grown on farmland.
water becomes unplaceable. However... new block 'funnel' (6 planks) model: 'wooden' hopper, will irrigate in 5x5 square around base (basically two block radius). can hold 4 buckets of water, loses 1 bucket of water every day to evaporation. Creosote and agave grow on 'irrigated' sand. wheat can be grown on irrigated dirt/farm blocks.
salt spawn on surface and/or or underground. surface salt spawns in shallow 'flats' that could be an entirely separate biome. (salt layer on top, sand or dirt beneath) subsurface salt spawns similar to eloraam's marble spawns, in vast deposits. salt can be crafted into a number of decorative blocks, similar to sandstone. Weakness: if salt is within 'irrigation' radius of a funnel or aqueduct, it can 'melt' (become entity instead of block)
Ideally, a new sort of pipe called an 'aqueduct' (horizontal only, made of leather and sticks) could attach to the funnel, dramatically extending the area it can irrigate. irrigation occurs UNDER the funnel and aqueduct, meaning that the block it is placed upon, despite being irrigated, cannot be used to grow anything.
'camel' (horse code, can be milked, or killed for leather/steak) would be the 'all purpose' domestic animal. drops 'chips' (similar to egg spawn) which can be used to fuel stoves or as bone meal. Alternatively, you could just retexture cows or give them enormous horns or something, and keep horses as they are (occasionally spawning in an oasis?) but I like the idea of a camel ecology.
several new food recipes involving milk, agave, wheat, sugar, cactus, cactus green, salt, and water on a stove.
villages buy salt.

You could also throw in some more plants, like aloe, hemp (for string) or saffron.
If you REALLY want to be creepy, invert the day/night cycle. travel and work is safe only at night, while crops and stuff still grow during the day.... mummies (zombies retextured) scorpions (spiders with new models) dessicated corpses (skeletons), blazes(rare), orcs (zombie pigmen), and endermen spawn under the heat of the deadly sun, (sand spawns, all other spawns cancelled) while beneath the earth, standard monsters roam the darkness (spawn on stone) that would make 'dirt patches' and salt flats relatively safe, counterbalanced by the fact that nothing can grow or live on salt.

Oasis would be especially dangerous, since at night they can spawn standard monsters, and during the day the surrounding desert can spawn sun-monsters. despite this, however, the presence of open water and grass and trees would be highly sought after. Oasis should be RARE.

ideally, a pack would pair such a mod up with something like minefantasy or railcraft, and something that could prevent water source blocks from being moved.

knightlyzach

Jul 29, 2019
well, bearing in mind that water is an 'entry level' requirement for vanilla minecraft, it should probably be kept fairly low. Yes, it should be an issue (This is the desert) thus the three iron for the bucket, but four iron plus leather (cows do not spawn in desert) seems overly high for a single-purpose tool.

for a desert survival pack, I would suggest the following:

'all desert' worldspawn

alter buckets so they can be made of wood or leather.
cactus breakable with right-clicked buckets of any kind to produce bucket of water
desert weeds break for wheat
occasional 'dry dirt' spawns
cactus green is edible
cactus itself can be crafted (4 cactus in a square) to create 4 planks
additional plant: creosote bush (New block)
creosote bush can be 'milked' for buckets of creosote (forge ore compatible) the same way cactus can, or broken for seeds. Plantable on sand. can also be used for creosote bottles
'stove' (new block) fuelled by creosote or chips
'agave' (new block) cactus. can be crafted into sugar. grows naturally anyplace, but can only be grown on farmland.
water becomes unplaceable. However... new block 'funnel' (6 planks) model: 'wooden' hopper, will irrigate in 5x5 square around base (basically two block radius). can hold 4 buckets of water, loses 1 bucket of water every day to evaporation. Creosote and agave grow on 'irrigated' sand. wheat can be grown on irrigated dirt/farm blocks.
salt spawn on surface and/or or underground. surface salt spawns in shallow 'flats' that could be an entirely separate biome. (salt layer on top, sand or dirt beneath) subsurface salt spawns similar to eloraam's marble spawns, in vast deposits. salt can be crafted into a number of decorative blocks, similar to sandstone. Weakness: if salt is within 'irrigation' radius of a funnel or aqueduct, it can 'melt' (become entity instead of block)
Ideally, a new sort of pipe called an 'aqueduct' (horizontal only, made of leather and sticks) could attach to the funnel, dramatically extending the area it can irrigate. irrigation occurs UNDER the funnel and aqueduct, meaning that the block it is placed upon, despite being irrigated, cannot be used to grow anything.
'camel' (horse code, can be milked, or killed for leather/steak) would be the 'all purpose' domestic animal. drops 'chips' (similar to egg spawn) which can be used to fuel stoves or as bone meal. Alternatively, you could just retexture cows or give them enormous horns or something, and keep horses as they are (occasionally spawning in an oasis?) but I like the idea of a camel ecology.
several new food recipes involving milk, agave, wheat, sugar, cactus, cactus green, salt, and water on a stove.
villages buy salt.

You could also throw in some more plants, like aloe, hemp (for string) or saffron.
If you REALLY want to be creepy, invert the day/night cycle. travel and work is safe only at night, while crops and stuff still grow during the day.... mummies (zombies retextured) scorpions (spiders with new models) dessicated corpses (skeletons), blazes(rare), orcs (zombie pigmen), and endermen spawn under the heat of the deadly sun, (sand spawns, all other spawns cancelled) while beneath the earth, standard monsters roam the darkness (spawn on stone) that would make 'dirt patches' and salt flats relatively safe, counterbalanced by the fact that nothing can grow or live on salt.

Oasis would be especially dangerous, since at night they can spawn standard monsters, and during the day the surrounding desert can spawn sun-monsters. despite this, however, the presence of open water and grass and trees would be highly sought after. Oasis should be RARE.

ideally, a pack would pair such a mod up with something like minefantasy or railcraft, and something that could prevent water source blocks from being moved.

Ah, I see what you mean now. Yeah, I agree with you on that ^^

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Just something that's been on my mind for awhile.

MJ engines.

Engines that run off of MJ.

Yes, it sounds infinitely stupid, but you can't just run a conductive pipe into a wooden pipe. You have to directly attach an engine. And you can't attach more than 4 engines to a single wooden pipe.

Sometimes you need to pump as many items as possible, and you don't want to make another combustion engine just to pull items. So why not make an engine that uses power from the network to pump items?

You can do this with redstone energy cells already, but those aren't the cheapest things early game. An engine dedicated to pumping items using MJ from other sources is a much better idea, as it would be A. balanced, for having no other use than to pump from wooden pipes, and B. useful, as nothing else can pump items besides a redstone energy cell, and redstone energy cells are made to store energy, not use energy. An engine dedicated to the small extra function that redstone energy cells have would be incredibly useful for item transport.

EDIT: Or maybe a 'charged' engine. An engine that builds up thousands of MJ and pumps incredibly slowly, but transfers all of its MJ at one time, instantly clearing a chest. (at the cost of your frame rate from the entities in the pipes)

inyallsface

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I'll start with something I think doesn't exist (at least I haven't found anything when googled).

A mod that just adds tanks for liquids, like the ones from Railcraft or Xycraft or even Buildcraft. But just the tanks.

Why I am suggesting this? Simply because I'm not quite interested in the content Railcraft and Xycraft adds but I like the tanks they introduce. Buildcraft is fine but I prefer Thermal Expansion which doesn't have any large tanks for storage. I don't like installing a mod to use just a couple of items, so I'm pretty much at dead end.

I don't know if the mod will gain much popularity but I'm probably not the only one that would like a feature like this one.

I think that would be cool if the tanks did stuff more then just store liquids, for example if some tanks could be used to mix traits of certain liquids together like bee breeding for chemistry nuts. Also there could be cool mechanics that are associated with liquid storage Ie pressure, flammability, avoiding contamination. Basically a mod for those of us who pray to the chem gods :). I think that would be pretty cool in an all tanks mod

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Mod: Intact strongholds

Strongholds are kinda neat, But what if they were somewhat different?
You could add a stairway up to ground level, hidden in a watchtower.
, And they wouldn't have to be the same either, Many different designs for restored strongholds, My favorite being

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I would like a mod that adds structures to the world that are mod centered. it's not that each mod should add their own, but rather a single mod that checks what mods are installed, and will generate custom structures based on that mod.
these structures contain most of the blocks and items of the mod it's generated for. to prevent making things to easy, these structures are protected to a similar way as Ars Magica does with it's structures. you can walk into the generated structures, and you can open chests and inventories, but you can not break any blocks. meaning a mod generated structure can be made very fancy looking with all kinds of blocks and machines, but you cannot collect them. you could also make it so that you can break the blocks in the case that the structure is in the way, but the block doesn't drop. and you might even go as far as actually making some tutorial structures for the mods. the reason I am suggesting a mod like this because I like mods that add structures to the world, making it more fun to explore your world, and it's also an alternative way of finding certain items that can only be found in dungeon chests, because as minecraft is, you sometimes just can't find an item you're looking for.

another thing I'd like is a mod that adds an interface overlay to your game. the interface can show certain information about the mods that you're using. so for example having an armorstatushud interface, that has compatibility with IC2, showing you how much EU your tools and armor has left. or a MPS compatibility that shows you how much power you have, or what key's you've activated, or information about a specific module. or a thaumcraft compatibility that can show you the aura and the flux, a nearby node, a different way of showing aspects etcetcetc. so pretty much a mod that combines the interfaces and information of other mods into a single mod, and letting you customize the looks and the locations of that information. and you might also add it so that this only works if you're wearing a certain item, like an IC2 helmet, or MPS helmet with specific module, or the thaumcraft goggles.

Keleko34

Jul 29, 2019
I love the logic behind gates and autarchic gates, but there is a lot missing from it, the ability to have the option for nor gates would be amazing. That and some more greater than/less than abilities. Seeing as those already use if or switch statement logic I would assume it would not be too difficult to achieve this.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I love the logic behind gates and autarchic gates, but there is a lot missing from it, the ability to have the option for nor gates would be amazing. That and some more greater than/less than abilities. Seeing as those already use if or switch statement logic I would assume it would not be too difficult to achieve this.

I've always wanted a timer function on the BC gates

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
I've been thinking about playing the Refugee to Regent Challenge for my next map and there are a few lighting based things I'd want:
  1. Torches and candles that grow dim and burnout over time, adjustable in configs
  2. Gas lamps fueled by fuel, oil or biofuel
  3. More powered lights to add to the challenge of keeping a city fully powered or to witness the sights of rolling brownouts in a neglected/abandoned city, plus having a reason for a lightswitch in my house.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Burnanator5280

Jul 29, 2019
I know that there is already a Half-Life mod in development, but what if it was more focused on the machines and technology from the original Half-Life? It could have things like the Anti-Mass Spectrometer (Super Advanced Crafting?), Satellite and delivery rocket (Used for Lambda core, plus can kill hostile mobs in certain areas, find biomes and ores in the world, ect...)and the Lambda core and Xen Portal, use to make portals in the overworld and ultimately get to Xen. Xen could have rare mobs, bosses, ores,and even portals to different dimensions. There could also be fun little things like the HEV suit and charger, all of the guns Freeman uses, Auto-turrets, and building materials found in black mesa (Dye-able concrete, test chamber walls, catwalks, blast doors, ect...) I think this would not only be a cool edition to FTB because Half-Life is awesome, but also because it would add Xen and all of the complex, expensive machines required to get there.

mjc4wilton

Jul 29, 2019
add Flans mod, it would be a good SMP mod considering it can move someones base easier, better way of transportation, exploring, plus, its just more fun

peterx3

Jul 29, 2019
better trees- trees fall to the direction you were choppping it and they can make domino effect into forests and they brake in wind, that makes me think, aha you cant go easily to the direction where wind is coming

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
Now I need a Mod to help scale the mob spawning in 1.6. frankly 1.6 on easy is more like hard used to be, and hard is more like zombie Apocalypse. it doesnt need to be pretty, just have it look at a config file, and in that file specify a percentage of the normal spawning rate. one line for each type of mob.
Mo creatures has a nice graphical way to do this, but I'm looking for effecting just Vanilla mobs.