Request Suggest mods for creation here

MrCardholder

Jul 29, 2019
This mod already exists, but not sure where to post that: TreeCapacitor!! Its great to be able to chop down trees so quickly, especially when you first start.

I like the cuisine craft idea, but I don't think it would be good to make cooking mandatory. Rather allow preparation of food that will fully restore your food bar, or give you crazy bonuses like breath underwater for a few minutes, things like that. Also, you have like 4 different kinds of stove. Maybe just have an electric stove (compatible with IC2 would be cool), microwave, grill (could run off of coal/charcoal), and a few other appliances. Probably don't want to add a huge kitchen to your place, just a little something. Mostly make the appliances actually different rather than variations on the same thing.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
i know of a cctv mod but is outdated (i think) but a cctv mod would be so cool

there is a team of people working on an update for cctv, but they're building it from the ground up.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1706068-cctv-modupdated-6513/

if I could ask for a mod, I'd ask for one that combines several mods into one. it'd have a minimap, it'd have a clock, it'd have a light level notifier, it'd have a magnet mode, it'd have a radar, it'd have information about the biome you're in, what kind of weather it is, waypoints and possibly a compass aiming towards certain things, a hud like armorstatushud and a zoom function. but this wouldn't be for nothing, it'd only be accessible through crafting certain items, and either wearing those items, or adding them to a modular item that you'd wear. this would make the game a bit more challenging, and you'd have this all in 1 mod, so you don't have to add several mods to get these functions

Reactions: Otho

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtechbalancer:
-Eliminates Gregtech

:)

you can always click "edit modpack" and remove it, just saying.

but remember to do it every time you log on, because the awesome and lovely non buggy launcher readds it whenever it feels like it.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
you can always click "edit modpack" and remove it, just saying.

but remember to do it every time you log on, because the awesome and lovely non buggy launcher readds it whenever it feels like it.

But a mod would always be better!

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Dont know about you guys but I would kill for a mod that adds planet traveling with their own resources and stuff and you must build its own multiblock structure that is unique for each planet

Look up galacticraft (sp?)

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
A mod/addition for improved magical armor similar in design to Modular power suits.

Would interact with Ars Magica and Thaumcraft possibly, for example a scroll for flight in the chest allows you to hot key it to the armor.

Could have gems/rune upgrades to improve mana regen or help remove flux of nearby nodes as well as many other possibilities.

Could also include weapons (like staff, sword, wand, dagger) with customizable spell sets allowing you to attach thaumic wands or ars spells to the item.

And of course different armor styles, possibly one for each element?

Would be nice for servers that have magic only mods.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
A mod/addition for improved magical armor similar in design to Modular power suits.

Would interact with Ars Magica and Thaumcraft possibly, for example a scroll for flight in the chest allows you to hot key it to the armor.

Could have gems/rune upgrades to improve mana regen or help remove flux of nearby nodes as well as many other possibilities.

Could also include weapons (like staff, sword, wand, dagger) with customizable spell sets allowing you to attach thaumic wands or ars spells to the item.

And of course different armor styles, possibly one for each element?

Would be nice for servers that have magic only mods.

99 times out of a hundred, I dismiss most "make this a mod" ideas as just OP, pointless, or already done. You sir, however, have a very nice idea going here.

lindyhopfan

Jul 29, 2019
I'll go ahead and post my idea for a mod even though I'm hoping to learn how to do modding so I can make this mod myself (I already know Java):

Task Management Mod:

When I play Minecraft I tend to be a bit scatterbrained about what projects I'm working on. I want to make a mod that gives players an easy way to set goals for themselves like a TODO list, and to mark them off as complete when they are done. Clicking on one of these tasks will open up a details display where the player can jot down notes or subtasks of what they will need to do to accomplish their goal. My idea is to have this utility show up in the empty space on the left side of the screen when in inventory mode using NEI on recipe mode only. So maybe it will have to be an NEI plugin. If that doesn't work out, I'll figure something else out.

Ultimately, I'd love to add even more NEI integration, so that the player can drag a particular block they would like to craft from NEI over to the task list on the left so they can check on the recipe and uses anytime without having to search for it again.

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
When playing I like navigating via map. Now you can use a mini map but I'm thinking more of devices that you can craft.
There are several mods out there with these ideas but most go the route of a mini-map.
Attach a camera up to a firework (or drone turtle) and take a picture of the ground below it.
Turtles as imaging satellites and a tablet that displays a map.
Sonar/Radar devices that you can place to update an attached map.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
99 times out of a hundred, I dismiss most "make this a mod" ideas as just OP, pointless, or already done. You sir, however, have a very nice idea going here.
If no one else makes it I probably will, I was just curious if anyone knew this was already made or will be in Ars Magica 2 in some shape or form.

Mark_1295

Jul 29, 2019
i'm not sure if someone already asked but can you add something like optifine for all the slow pc users? that would be really nice :) or is therea way that i can add the mod by myself?
ty :)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
i'm not sure if someone already asked but can you add something like optifine for all the slow pc users? that would be really nice :) or is therea way that i can add the mod by myself?
ty :)

This is a thread for suggestions for new mods to be created. Not mods to be added to packs. I don't have the thread link on hand, but there was a thread on how to add optifine to your pack.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Id kill for a better lights mod. Like, lights that arent all machiny. We have gregs lights and a wrath lamp. But nothing to hang from the ceiling except a pumpkin. There is a lamp mod but its a wall light. Want more ceiling lights that are creative. I have a wood house and lux capasitors. Its sucks.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
A while back, I had an idea for a mod, but it greatly exceeded my ability.

In effect, it was a revamp of the villagers. It worked with the testificates and vanilla villages, but it had much more logical spawning/breeding rules. The town itself would spawn with a 'foundation' of a block which is not subject to gravity so everything is level with itself, making things like a 60+ drop in height half-way through town no longer an issue. Pillars would extend down from this foundation to the ground, much like nether fortresses do.

Then you bring up a more complex spawning mechanic. Basically, you have a grid of buildings, and you originally have (x) 'blocks' to spawn in, the 'Town Hall', at least one residence, and maybe some other buildings like a Quarry or Tree Farm or Forge. Ideally, you would hook other mods (or provide hooks so other mods can hook into you) so you can have things like Forestry or Thaumcraft villagers and their buildings also spawn in.

From there, the idea was to have a village which actually grows. When the population can not longer support itself with residences, it will build a new residence. When it has room in residences for population, there's a chance each night a kid might spawn. There are also Barracks buildings which have larger population capacity, but lower reproduction chances.

You talk to the Village Elder to do trades, which has a more complex UI for a trading interface. Basically, anything the village produces a surplus of, you can purchase from him. However, he won't buy anything the town has a surplus of. May have to create a currency interface here.

Then once the town gets the Quarry, they can start building a town wall (cobblestone wall around the perimeter) and once they get a Smithy, they start putting in torches to light up their town.

The idea is similar to Millianare, but designed to be less laggy, less questy, and work with vanilla mechanics rather than on top of vanilla villages.

frite

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking it would be really great to have an expansionish mod for ftb. It would add military such as various troops and tanks etc. you could then build an army to fight others armies on multiplayer servers.
It would be great on feed the beast because of auto crafting and pipes etc. for mass production.
I think maybe another dimension dedicated to your servers warfare where the soldiers could fight and mess up terrain without destroying the main land.(maybe like mystcraft just the whole server uses the same land if the same codes are used). What do you think? Any suggestion for improvement? Any faults in this plan?
Please reply(note: I'm not a programmer so I won't be able to actually make this. ):

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
A while back, I had an idea for a mod, but it greatly exceeded my ability.

In effect, it was a revamp of the villagers. It worked with the testificates and vanilla villages, but it had much more logical spawning/breeding rules. The town itself {SNIP}

The idea is similar to Millianare, but designed to be less laggy, less questy, and work with vanilla mechanics rather than on top of vanilla villages.

The idea has merit, but it's the AI operating all the villagers that makes Millianare (or any other mod that was to do the same ) laggy. It might be a good start if you could rework the existing villagers to actually DO stuff, and not just mill around and (now) grunt. A gardener to plant, and harvest (at some slow rate) a lumberjack, a blacksmith that makes tools; but really slowly.

a trade system that will use more than a couple of items and emeralds.

The village expansion side to Millianare is well reasoned out; but sometimes painful to see progression.[DOUBLEPOST=1370974054][/DOUBLEPOST]
Right Folks,

Since this thread now exists I figured I'd post my idea here as well.

Basically, one of the things I find missing in MC, especially for cool and creative builds, is atmospheric lighting possibilities. I know that RP2 adds the very nice (inverted) lamps which definitely are a huge step forward but merely "tiered" lighting is missing. Here are the details of what I'd love to see in MC:

- tiered lights; 3 tiers of lights with the lowest tier being slightly better than torches and which are quite cheap to make. Highest tier lights are relatively expensive and a capable of producing much more light (thinking in terms of the wrath lamp).
- light dimmers; as in real life you may want to dim the lights in certain areas for aesthetic purposes.

Now the trick in my idea is that all these items require some kind of power (EU, MJ, etc.) in order to function. It wouldn't make much sense for a light to be dim-able without having some kind of power circuit connect to it, which is essentially my problem with RS signals and lights.

Obviously, the power consumption of each tier of lights should be more than the previous tier but all the power costs should be relatively low seeing as it's only lighting and not a machine that needs lots of EU/MJ to make something.

I haven't fully thought all the ins and outs through but I hope this idea could be picked upon by a modded since I cannot code at all.vheck, I don't even have a clue whether my idea is even possible.

I any modded is interested in this idea and would like to ping pong some ideas about it back and forth then please drop me a forums message.

Cheers,
Bel*.

So in essence you could have lights powered by redstone, EU, or MJ. or for that matter steam. perhaps punch with fist to change light level, (within the range of the light) someone would have to make models.. (or we end up with either the same lights already in RP)

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
I have been thinking about coding this for a couple weeks but lack time.

Cuisine Craft:
*** A complete overhaul of food in Minecraft

{SNIP}
- New Seeds:
----- Sugar (Separate from Reeds)
----- Pepper
----- Salt (Either isolated from boiling water or filtered from sand)
----- Other Spices
----- Tomatoes and other vegetables and Fruits
- New Villager:
----- Gardener
----- Trades for spices and for recipes and gives emeralds for good dishes
----- Has Small Garden near house with Spices, Vegetables
----- Has some kitchen equipment to "borrow" inside

Suggestions are welcome!!!

Have you looked at Harvestcraft? I think it's only missing the Villager.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame