Request Suggest mods for creation here

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Hiya mathwiz

I feel like I'm totally misinterpreting this or something, but the wand can be put into one of two modes. One of those modes is a "binding" mode that lets you click on a spreader, and then click on any other block. The spreader will target that block accordingly.

Sorry if I'm telling you the blindingly obvious, I'm just guessing its possible to miss it.

(This is just for your Mana Spreader comment specifically, I didn't fully understand the rest)

Yeah, but it only will target blocks you can reach. I'd like basically a long-range wand. Let me elaborate a bit on how I would use it.

I'm developing a custom modpack with an included map. In one section of the map, I want to have a wall, with the player (and a pulse spreader) on one side, pretty far away, and the objective on the other side. The player could either bridge over to the wall and tunnel through, or blow it up with turrets. I was thinking of having the pulse spreader with an entropic lens on it, and be able to aim at the wall from farther than the player can reach. Aim, press button, shoot the target. I guess I could give the player mana blaster, but I want the flavor of shooting a cannon from an airship.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah, but it only will target blocks you can reach. I'd like basically a long-range wand. Let me elaborate a bit on how I would use it.

I'm developing a custom modpack with an included map. In one section of the map, I want to have a wall, with the player (and a pulse spreader) on one side, pretty far away, and the objective on the other side. The player could either bridge over to the wall and tunnel through, or blow it up with turrets. I was thinking of having the pulse spreader with an entropic lens on it, and be able to aim at the wall from farther than the player can reach. Aim, press button, shoot the target. I guess I could give the player mana blaster, but I want the flavor of shooting a cannon from an airship.
Ah cool, I totally misinterpreted you.

Now, again, the spreader can be "pointed" kinda like a cannon at a target. Its hard to use but you can do it. Is that overly fiddly for your use case?

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Probably. I've settled for Quark's explosive arrows and vanilla dispensers, though I could use both that and the spreader.

S

SomeRandomPetey

This is a bit random, but its a start. This also might already exits.

Basically, every time you sleep, you have a 1 in 20 chance (configurable) to have a dream. The dream would teleport you to a dimension based around something you did that day.For example, if you went exploring, the dimension would have a huge temple for you to conquer. If you hunted, you might be chased around by swords or something. This is quite random, and most likely impossible to code, but its an idea.

S

SomeRandomPetey

Long shot, but I'll throw this out here.

Looking for someone to make a special quarry mod. Provides 2 quarries. The first is solid fuel powered only, that mines a 7x7 area, and the 2nd is a FE/RF version that mines a 15x15 area. The other difference is that the quarries only mine the blocks specified in a config file.

It's for my Factorio style modpack that's currently in development.

There is a mod called "Simple Quarry" By Zeitheron that adds a fueled quarry and a powered quarry that mine in a 1 chunk area. The items will be put into an adjacent inventory, and if there is none, they will be launched into the sky. The powered quarry also can have upgrades, which are currently a WIP.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
Does the Technomancy mod still exist or is still active? If not, I'd like a mod that combines Thaumcraft's magic with tech and machinery for creation of advanced items, new mechanics, and management and processing of vis and taint.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I think it is time for a new type of Soaryn chest. Any time a chest is closed, the location of items in all chests is randomized among all chests, regardless of who placed it where. With a chance stacks will be split if open slots are available. Keep opening the same chest, and you might eventually cycle through to what you were looking for, even if you put it in a chest in another dimension, all the while increasing the disorder.

Bonus meanness points if there is a config option to give vanilla chests this feature without telling everybody.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
I think it is time for a new type of Soaryn chest. Any time a chest is closed, the location of items in all chests is randomized among all chests, regardless of who placed it where. With a chance stacks will be split if open slots are available. Keep opening the same chest, and you might eventually cycle through to what you were looking for, even if you put it in a chest in another dimension, all the while increasing the disorder.

Bonus meanness points if there is a config option to give vanilla chests this feature without telling everybody.

While part of me automaticaly hates you and cringes horribly, part of me wants to see it happen on the next april fools.

Reactions: LordPINE

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
There is great need for a 1.13.1 mod to fix aquatic entity spawning. https://clips.twitch.tv/ColorfulOilyDolphinRiPepperonis <--This is on a straight vanilla server. There's an issue where idling above water (like in a mob farm) causes aquatic mobs to spawn and then despawn incredibly rapidly - literally looks like a horde of Endermen in a rain-storm. On servers, this causes crazy thrashing with the CPU.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I think more mods that add crafting powerful weapons, armor, and magics, etc. to Minecraft should also include summonable superbosses to test them on like what Draconic Evolution does with Chaos Guardian.

S

SomeRandomPetey

I don't think this would be very hard to do, but is someone able to make a mod that forces the player to respawn in the dimension they died in/a configurable dimension?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I don't think this would be very hard to do, but is someone able to make a mod that forces the player to respawn in the dimension they died in/a configurable dimension?

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/perfect-spawn ??

The rules array can contain multiple rules which control the settings for different dimensions.

Each rule has these properties:

• appliesTo: An array containing either dimension ids / names of dimensions types / full class names of world providers. This controls what dimensions this rule is applied to. "*" can be used as a special element of appliesTo which will apply this rule to all dimensions.
  • canRespawnHere: Whether players can respawn in the dimensions this rule applies to.
  • canSleepHere: Whether players can sleep in the dimensions this rule applies to. (If canRespawnHere is set to false this has no effect). This also allows sleeping in dimensions where you generally can't sleep (Like the Nether / End).
  • spawnPoint: The position at which players will spawn in this dimension.
  • respawnDimension: The dimension players will respawn in when dying in this dimension (If canRespawnHere is set to false)
You'd have to go through and make a setting for each dimension, if I'm reading this right, but looks like what you're asking for.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/perfect-spawn ??

You'd have to go through and make a setting for each dimension, if I'm reading this right, but looks like what you're asking for.
This sounds about right.

Now I'm wondering... lets say there was a safe space in each dimension you go to, and you always go there before exploring the rest for the first time. Would that allow for the respawn to always be in the safe place? So lets say, for example, you take a rocket to a new planet; you find a base on there and that then activates the spawn thing. If you then go and die out on the airless surface, it would be nice to spawn back somewhere you can breathe; maybe grab a spare space suit to get your stuff?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
This sounds about right.

Now I'm wondering... lets say there was a safe space in each dimension you go to, and you always go there before exploring the rest for the first time. Would that allow for the respawn to always be in the safe place? So lets say, for example, you take a rocket to a new planet; you find a base on there and that then activates the spawn thing. If you then go and die out on the airless surface, it would be nice to spawn back somewhere you can breathe; maybe grab a spare space suit to get your stuff?

In a 'map' setting, the map-maker could specifically generate something. It looks like there might be a 'set spawn' option, so that if it's safe to sleep (also designated by a flag), then the player could reset the 'safe area' by sleeping.