Request Suggest mods for creation here

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see an addon like that being a thing as it deviates the initial tech progression. Reika likes to keep his progression gates pretty tight. If these engines bypass any tiers he will likely not endorse it.

That being said the idea does sound interesting, frankly I sometimes find the strict linear progression of RoC tiresome after a while. There is very little in the way of alternate paths. I think so long as the alternatives are unable to supplant the ethanol/ jetfuel paradigm Reika MIGHT not attempt to counter the idea. But that is easier said then done, I suppose the finite nature of the oil will persuade players to set up jet fuel facilities. But by the sound of things your idea will most likely let folks jump teirs.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
A terraforming mod for survival, allowing large-scale terrain edits to be easier.

The key item would be the "Wand of Terraforming."
How it would be used:
1) Bind it to an inventory
2) Apply settings (in the wand's GUI, specify shape, radius, etc...)
3) Give it power
4) When using it, it places the specified 3D shape at the position you point at, using blocks in the bound inventory. If out of blocks or power, it won't work.

Wand of Smoothing:
A tool to help smooth out terrain. Also requires a bound inventory to take/give blocks. Requires lots of power to operate.

Terrain Editor:
A machine which, when placed in the world, can apply several changes to the surrounding area
1) Edit the biome (needing some special item to do so)
2) Replace one type of block with another
- Specify the original and replacement blocks
- Provide a supply of the replacement
- There could be... I don't know, 3 slots of this feature available each execution cycle?

I know it is something I'd like... Thoughts?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is a thing now or not, but a server side mod that detects when a client is connecting to a server and, if they don't have the proper mods, asks the user if they want to sync their instance with the server. Then, all you'd really have to do is download/install Forge (or make a new MultiMC instance), connect to a server, then restart which the mod could potentially do automatically, after confirmation, of course.

Reactions: Rubyheart

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Not sure if this is a thing now or not, but a server side mod that detects when a client is connecting to a server and, if they don't have the proper mods, asks the user if they want to sync their instance with the server. Then, all you'd really have to do is download/install Forge (or make a new MultiMC instance), connect to a server, then restart which the mod could potentially do automatically, after confirmation, of course.

I wouldn't go that far. I wouldn't want to download jars from a Minecraft server - no telling what type of, uh, infection you would get. But, to modify this - it would be cool if the various launchers out there (like Curse) could download a manifest of mods/modpack signature, and use that information to automatically download from Curse/CurseForge. This changes the player's Curse experience for the better, IMO.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda like automated versioning, where the server passes info about the version it uses, and FTB/Technic does the rest?

Off the top of my head, I can see two paths that the check can occur, and that may cause issues. One is pre-loading, but that requires just a server-side mod and the loader to shoot a request before starting MC, which requires knowing the server IP address first. The other requires the mod to submit a request when connecting, and passing that onto the loader before shutting down MC just to swap/download the version sent back, then auto-restart.

So, yeah, logistics would be a pain to do.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't go that far. I wouldn't want to download jars from a Minecraft server - no telling what type of, uh, infection you would get. But, to modify this - it would be cool if the various launchers out there (like Curse) could download a manifest of mods/modpack signature, and use that information to automatically download from Curse/CurseForge. This changes the player's Curse experience for the better, IMO.

Hrm...that's not a bad idea. Though, going with my original idea, we could have the mod call to a database of known suspicious mods and warn the user that the server to which they're attempting to connect has X, Y, and Z suspect mods. There'd be a warning before that, of course, confirming the sync with the user and informing them that some servers may contain mods that have...less than desirable features.

Natalia15

Jul 29, 2019
Hi again
I have another request for help. Im looking for a sword pedestal mod for 1.6.4. I thought it already had it but unfortunately bibliocraft didn't add one until 1.7. I found this: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-1-4-6-forge-goluis-mods-sword-pedestal-1-1-1 but its so out-dated it work work with 1.6.4. So I was wondering if anyone knows of another one. I saw a Zelda mod that add them but it also adds a whole lot of stuff i'm not interested in. Can the old sword pedestal mod be updated for 1.6 ? Can anyone help ?

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Hi again
I have another request for help. Im looking for a sword pedestal mod for 1.6.4. I thought it already had it but unfortunately bibliocraft didn't add one until 1.7. I found this: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-1-4-6-forge-goluis-mods-sword-pedestal-1-1-1 but its so out-dated it work work with 1.6.4. So I was wondering if anyone knows of another one. I saw a Zelda mod that add them but it also adds a whole lot of stuff i'm not interested in. Can the old sword pedestal mod be updated for 1.6 ? Can anyone help ?

Just wondering, why are you still playing 1.6.4?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
My son and I play over lan, but his pc cant handle any of the 1.7 modpacks .... apart from regrowth strangely
Let me guess: he's running on an older GFX card that cannot support Java 7 very well. Or WinXP.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
I had this idea for a generic tech mod in 1.8/1.9 with the challenge of Tekkit Classic mods. With everyone rushing off to play 1.7.10 modded, it seems like we could make a new tech mod to kick off modded 1.8 while bringing back the challenge that was lost between the versions. (Not sure how hard it is to mod 1.8 compared to 1.7.10 though)

Oh, and I have a perfect name for it: RevolutionCraft.

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if anyone has done one but any religion based mods out there? Multi structure temples gain favor while standing on holy ground, access powers from farming to destruction. Convert fellow npcs and do a crusade against other temple's? Make a temple to yourself?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Not much. You could go get AbyssalCraft and worship the Unknowable Ones.

That being said, you could go look up the rules for Cubism...

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
Not much. You could go get AbyssalCraft and worship the Unknowable Ones.

That being said, you could go look up the rules for Cubism...

rules of cubeiasm is quite interesting but mines is a little more materialistic. you could follow a preset god or become a god youself... have shrines and statues around your base to generate favor which you can use to make grass grow... generate water.( or turn it into wine!) eventually needing erect a temple to increase your cap. temple will have different tiers and building materials required more favor allowing your to cast holy light on crops or create lava pools. eventually needing multiple structures to reach god like status allowing you to generate dimensions. or massive destruction to your world.

I'd call it Devotion!

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
There's been some work on an old abandoned mod called Totems. Not much right now, but it may be up your alley. I've got a fork of the code for myself as well--I'd like to adapt some of it for Cubism myself.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Winged one block high creepers. Maybe not have them do block damage though. Really up to whoever puts them into minecraft.

There are the firebats from thaumcraft. Yet they seem to only live in the nether. I was thinking that a mob in the over world with similar properties,to a creeper, might be nice. Actually I was first thinking "what if the mobs could get off the spiders once the spider had reached the tops of a wall?". The logistic nightmare of trying to program that into a useful feature I thought might be a little high, so made it simpler. Flying creepers. They would need to be one block high though to get through the small spaces, I was thinking. Then realized firebats are a lot like this. That they only occur in the nether though.

The purpose of this. To make the game just a little tougher. Not a lot tougher. Just a little tougher. They can't teleport. They can't phase through walls. They can just fly.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Proposal: account chest mod.
This mod would only work in SSP (obviously) but it would provide a chest that would share an inventory between SSP games (using the same mod pack obviously).