Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I had a friend suggest a train mod. I feel like it would be a great way to travel between cities. Or automate a train for item transportation. This would be a great mod for friendly survival servers that could really change how you play. I mean collect all your swords and go town to town. Or pack up all your belongings and move towns. Plus a special coal train cart that can hold tons of coal for fuel for the train or to transport it. But it would specifically for coal and couldn't hold other items. Plus instead of pipes it would have giant transportable tanks which would be more realistic(and cheaper for long distance) than massive pipes. Except for the fuel cost. And the rails. And the tanker explosions. Wow. Maybe massive pipelines aren't a terrible idea...
Like Railcraft? It has most of those things, except the coal barrel cart.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Like Railcraft? It has most of those things, except the coal barrel cart.
no, well kinda. But not like railcraft. More dumbed down and possibly. Plus (almost)no one uses railcrafts rails and carts anymore. Which is sad but railcraft doesn't quite fit what this mod is meant to do.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of rail, one of my favorite games long LONG ago was Transport Tycoon. And, one of the 'interesting' problems with automating minecraft is actually doing something with all the stuff that one can make.

So, as a variant of the HQM quest block, a mod that adds a automatic trade station(s). Placed in the radius of a town (by an admin?) the tradestation would present a variety of trades, in exchange for some new currency item. Each villager in the village would represent X number of hidden inhabitants, and would contribute a demand for cooked food, milk, water and RF. Specific villagers would contribute demands for appropriate raw materials.

As an additional benefit, the town should grow as its needs are met.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
On the subject of rail, one of my favorite games long LONG ago was Transport Tycoon. And, one of the 'interesting' problems with automating minecraft is actually doing something with all the stuff that one can make.

So, as a variant of the HQM quest block, a mod that adds a automatic trade station(s). Placed in the radius of a town (by an admin?) the tradestation would present a variety of trades, in exchange for some new currency item. Each villager in the village would represent X number of hidden inhabitants, and would contribute a demand for cooked food, milk, water and RF. Specific villagers would contribute demands for appropriate raw materials.

As an additional benefit, the town should grow as its needs are met.
Milk, food, RF, and especially water are all very easy to farm... so what might a player expect to get in return for them? Or, more precisely, what could your currency item be exchanged for? Standard villager trades? Villager services, such as farming crops, milking cows, or chopping trees? More villagers?

I could see how such a system could be used to grow a village exponentially, by hiring villagers to produce the raw materials needed to make more villagers. However, if all you, as a player, could get out of it would be the sorts of things villagers would normally sell in Vanilla, it seems a bit... underwhelming. If this system could be expanded to allow, say, hiring villagers to build houses or mine areas out, it could get more interesting. Even more so if the villagers doing such things need tools to do their jobs, and if said tools can only be crafted by blacksmith villagers who in turn need fuel and ores dug up by miners.

Zombies and other mobs would still be a problem, so you'd need to get the smiths to manufacture armor and weapons to be given to soldier villagers.

Perhaps the best way to do this would be to disable all the early-game crafting recipes (if not the later ones as well), requiring the player to start the game by finding a village and harvesting some carrots to sell, so they can buy a bucket or a pickaxe from the blacksmith and start collecting more resources, which could be sold to the appropriate villagers to start accruing a profit and purchasing more automated services. Farmers must be hired to tend the crops; woodcutters would be hired to farm trees to produce wood to be given to a carpenter paid to produce planks, tables, beds, doors, etc. that in turn would be made accessible to a carpenter who, for another cost, would set up houses and farms. Heck, pretty quickly, you'd need to hire an accountant villager to manage all the other villagers' wages and keep everything running smoothly.

Wow, that sounds a lot like Dwarf Fortress. Heck, while you're at it, change the villagers into dwarves, just because.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Milk, food, RF, and especially water are all very easy to farm... so what might a player expect to get in return for them? Or, more precisely, what could your currency item be exchanged for? Standard villager trades? Villager services, such as farming crops, milking cows, or chopping trees? More villagers?

Expect in return? The biggest village of course. The (implied) adoration of the villagers and first choice of their daughters ... This is usually the reward of sim type games.

--
It would be fun (of course) to get large villages to start demanding & supplying items that are only produced at other large villages. The challenge then is to start interconnecting the villages with trade routes. Hopefully by train. People who would use tesseracts for village to village trade deserve only our collective scorn.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I posted this in my own modpack thread, but here looks like a good place, too.

One suggestion (or, more accurately, what I need) is a (1.7.10) mod that can allow one to configure existing materials' properties, such as mining speed, enchantability, and harvest level. Specifically, one that does not require any major external mods that may not be supported anymore. Specifically, I'm looking for something to change the vanilla, Project Red, and Applied Energistics pickaxe harvest levels appropriately... and since TiC is no longer being supported outside of major issues, Iguana's Tinker Tweaks is not an option.

The other suggestion is a conduct mod. The inverse of achievements; this mod starts with you applying to all conducts, and as you take an action that invalidates you for that conduct, it becomes disabled. The idea is to duplicate a feature from Nethack, where your conduct was tracked, and every time you broke the conduct, it was removed from your statistics. Conduct, in this case, would be something like:
  • You are a pacifist (never killed).
  • You are peaceful (never killed peaceful creatures).
  • You are a vegan (never ate meat or other animal products).
  • ...and so on.
Preferably, in both cases, all (materials/tracked conducts) would be configured in a configuration file, rather than hardcoded.

Reactions: dragon_fang101

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I posted this in my own modpack thread, but here looks like a good place, too.

One suggestion (or, more accurately, what I need) is a (1.7.10) mod that can allow one to configure existing materials' properties, such as mining speed, enchantability, and harvest level. Specifically, one that does not require any major external mods that may not be supported anymore. Specifically, I'm looking for something to change the vanilla, Project Red, and Applied Energistics pickaxe harvest levels appropriately... and since TiC is no longer being supported outside of major issues, Iguana's Tinker Tweaks is not an option.

The other suggestion is a conduct mod. The inverse of achievements; this mod starts with you applying to all conducts, and as you take an action that invalidates you for that conduct, it becomes disabled. The idea is to duplicate a feature from Nethack, where your conduct was tracked, and every time you broke the conduct, it was removed from your statistics. Conduct, in this case, would be something like:
  • You are a pacifist (never killed).
  • You are peaceful (never killed peaceful creatures).
  • You are a vegan (never ate meat or other animal products).
  • ...and so on.
Preferably, in both cases, all (materials/tracked conducts) would be configured in a configuration file, rather than hardcoded.
I think SquidUtils can edit any and all properties of almost everything in Vanilla. So that should answer your first question.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, SquidUtils was the solution to that problem, and then some (it's not just vanilla). Thank you for that; nobody made that suggestion over the course of the last three weeks of me looking for a solution to that problem.

Now, to hope someone makes the conduct mod. ;)

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Something to teach NEI to display partial fluid blocks, ones where the meta-data is not zero, and indicate how full it actually is.

I'm trying to solve problems dealing with Streams blocks and flowing water on top of the streams. The "trivial" solution is to just eliminate the flowing water on top, but I want to see if Streams can refill ocean drainage / steam engine pumping.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
A gamerule to turn off the weather! Leave it where I have it -- only change it when a command (console, or block, or HQM task -- can HQM execute a command when a quest is finished???) says to change it.

imPlayin

Jul 29, 2019
Someone needs to make an ME Interface with more Pattern slots to reduce performance usage on your computer.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I want a mod that can replace other blocks.

Specifically: Lets say that I had a mod, X. This mod has a block, X:special_stone.

I remove mod X. Rather than getting holes in my ground, I want to treat all existing X:special_stone as minecraft:stone.

My first thought was to define something with a mod like Quadram that just looks and behaves like stone, and give that the same Block ID. But since you can't specify block ID's anymore, that fails.

So, the goal here is simple: Be able to remove a mod, and convert blocks that it left in the ground into something else.

For example, there are currently (at least) three mods that give a variety of underground stones. Being able to remove one that isn't popular, and turn it's blocks either to the closest match, or plain stone if not possible, would be the goal.

Ryan914

Jul 29, 2019
How about a mod for Tinker's Construct that lets you put Unstable Ingots (Made using the Nuggets of Course) in the Smeltery to be made into TCon tools.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
How about a mod for Tinker's Construct that lets you put Unstable Ingots (Made using the Nuggets of Course) in the Smeltery to be made into TCon tools.
Pretty sure you can do that already. If it's not in vanilla TiC / ExtraUtilities, it should be in ExtraTiC.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I want a mod that can replace other blocks.

Specifically: Lets say that I had a mod, X. This mod has a block, X:special_stone.

I remove mod X. Rather than getting holes in my ground, I want to treat all existing X:special_stone as minecraft:stone.

My first thought was to define something with a mod like Quadram that just looks and behaves like stone, and give that the same Block ID. But since you can't specify block ID's anymore, that fails.

So, the goal here is simple: Be able to remove a mod, and convert blocks that it left in the ground into something else.

For example, there are currently (at least) three mods that give a variety of underground stones. Being able to remove one that isn't popular, and turn it's blocks either to the closest match, or plain stone if not possible, would be the goal.

You mean World Generation Manager ?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, a quick look at WGM shows that it wants support from mods -- mods that work with it need to add a method to their IWorldGeneration.

Also, retro gen is inherently disastrous. What happens if a mod wants to put something in your underground base? What if -- even if it worked -- a chromatic craft pylon appeared in the middle of your town?

It also seems to rely on support for InGameConfigManager -- yet forge already has live config management, so I'm not really sure what this is doing. (It is a rewrite of something that predates Forge's support, so maybe it's just doing the same thing in such a different way that a rewrite was easier than changing to Forge's system).

Removal: the simple "Turn to stone below 50, dirt up to 64, air above that" -- well, lets say that I wanted to replace a customized ore with normal ore, or underground_mod_three:green_schist with underground_mod_two:schist (if you are a geologist, you can cringe at my spelling). Or something similar.

(UBC, BetterGeo, Geologica, and ... whatever Reika's is called).

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Use nuggets instead or ingots = Stable unstable ingots. Is a config setting iirc
If you want them more expensive -> minetweaker
I think you misunderstood my post. Using unstable ingots in a smeltery makes parts that are unstable and will become inert if not made into a tool fast enough, causing you to need to melt everything down and try again. I want to use stable ingots to make parts with the same properties, but without the timer.