Request Suggest mods for creation here

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice to have a stand-alone mod with something similar to industrial tnt/dynamite. I recently had some more specific ideas for such a mod, which would be nice to see implemented;

First, is dynamite, crafted with a piece of paper, gunpowder, and string, which if right clicked with a flint and steel in your hotbar with throw a dynamite entity that breaks a 3x3x3 area around where it lands. Additionally, crafting eight of these with an ender pearl teleports the items back to where the dynamite was thrown. Ideally, this would also work if the dynamite is thrown by dispensers/autonomous activators and equivalents, but it would be fine if it only worked with a player as well.

Also, crafting a bucket, flint and steel, and piece of redstone together will give a mining charge cap, which when placed in the world will attach to a block and search your hotbar for a piece of dynamite and consume it to 'charge' itself. Right-clicking a charged cap will cause it to immediately explode, breaking a 3x3x2 area in the direction that it is attached and consuming one point of durability from the cap, which drops to the ground. One cap has 64 durability
This cap can also be enchanted to accept vanilla pickaxe enchantments, with the following effects;
Efficiency increases the depth of the blocks mined by one block per level
Unbreaking prevents durability damage, in the same way as normal
Silk touch and Fortune would apply their respective effects onto the blocks mined

Additionally, if railcraft is installed, a steel cap can be made of three steel plates, a steel ingot, a piece of flint, and a piece of redstone. This cap has twice the durability, and slightly less enchanting level, similar to railcraft steel.

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
For any Mod Devs that have free time and look at this Thread to get ideas, take a look here. The hope is that it can be a place for people with ideas to reach out to you and for you to get an introduction to other devs.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Don't you have the file in an old mod folder that you can just reuse?

Noo I didn't download it cause I really didn't have a chance. That's about the time the stuff happened in my life. If you read any of my posts about my situation you would see why

Sent from my ipotato

Lomeli12

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: pc_assassin

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I want a mod that makes "cheap addition of RF" impossible.

Reason: I want to make a modpack that has only RoC for starting power generation. My thinking was that RoC can output RF for compatibility with other mods, and the tiering system of RoC would mean that the bigger/more expensive blocks would not be usable.

But, I just found out that RF sources can be trivially added together, negating the entire tiering restrictions of RoC.

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019

Reason: I want to make a modpack that has only RoC for starting power generation. My thinking was that RoC can output RF for compatibility with other mods, and the tiering system of RoC would mean that the bigger/more expensive blocks would not be usable.

But, I just found out that RF sources can be trivially added together, negating the entire tiering restrictions of RoC.

So you want something that prevents multiple RF sources from feeding into the same network?
or to just remove low cost RF sources?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
But then people would just set up low-cost Energy Cell buffers to get around the restriction.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
But then people would just set up low-cost Energy Cell buffers to get around the restriction.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2
not necessarily, I hate having little bits of power gen all over the place, I would rather have one really expensive really large power gen in a central location and you could put a limiter in for a server that makes it so each player can only have a single buffer in use at one time.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019

Revolution actually does that, it does it though by modifying all the recipes so you need a source of RF to actually create the RF generators leaving RotaryCraft as the only source of RF that doesn't need RF to create. It's probably not what you want though as it really is just gating RF generators behind a higher tier, although unlike RoC pretty much everything requires the same levels of RF so there's really just not much tiering in the first place.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
More of a request but a mod that adds an MJ generator that burns logs, charcoal and coal. To burn coal you need to be buring charcoal, to burn charcoal you need to be burning wood. It burns logs 4x faster than a furnace and generates 1 MJ/t if you add charcoal, the charcoal burns at 2x the rate of a furnace and will produce a total of 2 MJ/t, and coal burns normally and produces a total of 4 MJ/t, of course balance would be obvious once I could play around but it's something that would be really useful.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Here's the issue that I ran into: I wanted to use RfTools as a late-game, safe dimension maker based on power, and mystcraft as an early-game, lots of instability dimension maker based on greedy ages.

The problems? Well, even if the only source of RF is rotarycraft, and even if I can tune RfTools to require more RF/t to run a dimension, the truth is that you can hook up 4 steam engines to a rotational dynamo, and get about 126 rf/t; if you need more, you can hook another 4, and then combine the rotational dynamos. Heck, you can do that for as many steam engines as you need. The result is that an RfDim is never needs more than a steam engine, so there's never any need to worry about gear boxes, lubrication, automated gasoline production, etc -- just a DC engine to pipe water out of the ocean.

(And then, I just found out that age creation, even though it might say that it takes N RF/t, really just means that it adds up the RF until it gets N, and then does one tick of work. )

So no matter what kind of dimension you make, it's not a late-game thing; it's as early as spamming steam engines and pipes (steel/redstone/glass/etc.)

Honestly, my biggest issue would just be the gunpowder for the steel making.
In a finite water world? If the water flows, just start your pipe down at the bottom. If the water doesn't flow? Then your pumps will pump a hole in the ocean at some point, and you'll move them.

(Hmm ... can a steam engine run a dew point accumulator?)

---

In general, you cannot run a RoC device until you have the powergen infrastructure for it. But you can run an RF device off of anything, as they have the model of "accumulate power until there's enough for a tick of work". And even if you can modify their internal buffer behavior to say "we'll empty the buffer after every tick, so either you had enough to do something this tick or you did not", you can combine arbitrary many weak power sources together; there is no concept of "This machine is harder to run than that machine". Only more expensive in building more generators.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
@Lomeli12 Is this supposed to happen? I am in creative and cheats are on in the world... I was never good with command blocks so it could just be I didnt set it up right

TXNSZTT.png

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
@Lomeli12 Is this supposed to happen? I am in creative and cheats are on in the world... I was never good with command blocks so it could just be I didnt set it up right
I would guess that you have to add one of those tags to get it to work.
Also this looks like a question for a vanilla forum, or at least a new topic, not the mod Idea/Request thread.