Request Suggest mods for creation here

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
So I was thinking about mob spawning.

Quickly put, mobs won't spawn in areas that you have claimed.
But "claimed" is currently defined as "non-solid surface" or "either burn light above 7 or sunlight above 7".

I'm looking at the desire often seem for dim lighting in claimed areas, and thinking of redstone torches, or recessed lighting.

So, I'd like to see a mod that changes mob spawning. So that the non-spawning areas is "burn light of any amount" or "sunlight above 9".

Above 9? In rain, exposed to the sky, you have 12, so most rains won't cause mobs in the day even in light forests; however, you will now see mobs in overhangs, and significantly more in deep forests. It's a tradeoff for improving the coverage of torches/lava/jack-o-lanterns/etc.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Here's the issue that I ran into: I wanted to use RfTools as a late-game, safe dimension maker based on power, and mystcraft as an early-game, lots of instability dimension maker based on greedy ages.

The problems? Well, even if the only source of RF is rotarycraft, and even if I can tune RfTools to require more RF/t to run a dimension, the truth is that you can hook up 4 steam engines to a rotational dynamo, and get about 126 rf/t; if you need more, you can hook another 4, and then combine the rotational dynamos. Heck, you can do that for as many steam engines as you need. The result is that an RfDim is never needs more than a steam engine, so there's never any need to worry about gear boxes, lubrication, automated gasoline production, etc -- just a DC engine to pipe water out of the ocean.

(And then, I just found out that age creation, even though it might say that it takes N RF/t, really just means that it adds up the RF until it gets N, and then does one tick of work. )

So no matter what kind of dimension you make, it's not a late-game thing; it's as early as spamming steam engines and pipes (steel/redstone/glass/etc.)

Honestly, my biggest issue would just be the gunpowder for the steel making.
In a finite water world? If the water flows, just start your pipe down at the bottom. If the water doesn't flow? Then your pumps will pump a hole in the ocean at some point, and you'll move them.

(Hmm ... can a steam engine run a dew point accumulator?)

---

In general, you cannot run a RoC device until you have the powergen infrastructure for it. But you can run an RF device off of anything, as they have the model of "accumulate power until there's enough for a tick of work". And even if you can modify their internal buffer behavior to say "we'll empty the buffer after every tick, so either you had enough to do something this tick or you did not", you can combine arbitrary many weak power sources together; there is no concept of "This machine is harder to run than that machine". Only more expensive in building more generators.
You could gate the rotational dynamo behind something, I guess... but that doesn't really solve your problem. If you make the rotational dynamo expensive enough that it would be easier to put a larger generator behind it than it would be to make another dynamo, that'd solve the problem of people spamming them.

Or, you could disable fluxducts, energy conduits, and the like entirely, thus requiring that all RF-powered machines be directly adjacent to a generator or dynamo. Then players could only combine RF sources by crowding them directly around the machine to be powered (or by way of, say, tesseracts).

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Still, it would be simple enough to put 4 dynamos next to a big machine, and just use shafts to run to 4 sets of RoC generators.

Making a dynamo so expensive that you'd rather make bigger engines than another dynamo? ... I can't see anything that expensive (well, nether stars, but that's too expensive).

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Still, it would be simple enough to put 4 dynamos next to a big machine, and just use shafts to run to 4 sets of RoC generators.

Making a dynamo so expensive that you'd rather make bigger engines than another dynamo? ... I can't see anything that expensive (well, nether stars, but that's too expensive).
Even RotaryCraft allows engine spam once you've hit the late game, bedrock upgraded shaft junctions have no limit to how many engines can go through them after all so once they hit bedrock even limiting them to a single dynamo ever wouldn't matter as they could just plug a hundred steam engines into it or something.

That said even if you did something like prevent crafting and provide an alternate method of getting dynamos that provides hard limits on their quantity you'll still have the same issues, RF can take a drip feed of power to perform an action as that's how people tended to make their machines work. Considering you basically seem to want RF to work like shaft power with it's limited combining abilities but it just doesn't. Even EU doesn't work like that as it allows you to combine arbitrarily many streams into a single one for power even if they make it a bit more complicated due to amp limits, it's only RotaryCraft's arbitrary rule against engine spam that stops it there and I'm not aware of any other mod that has something like that.

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
I have wanted a mod that will generate caves like the cave world mod, but exclusively underground. Kind of like Terrarias underground.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
What I'm running into with RF (and there's a discussion on the RfTools mod thread page) is both the "Trickle it in, and do work when it piles up", as well as the "Add several weak engines together for free".

The "engine spam" for late-game RoC is Hydros, not steam. Hydros spam a lot of power. Jet fuel ... is quite a bit more.

On the other hand, I believe you need jet fuel / microturbines to make bedrock dust. So ... spamming hydros only makes sense when you are up to jet fuel, but don't have it automated yet.

Jokish363

Nov 26, 2012
I think it would be great if someone could make a mod that allows store liquids such as milk, that may be otherwise transported and used only in buckets, in tanks. Or add this feature to the different mods they have tanks already, for example: Thermal Expansion or EnderIO or any another. The only mod I know is Mine Factory Reloaded. If there are other mods or addons allready could anyone give me the link.

I like to play Minecraft in Middle Age- or Steampunk style and MFR is not always the optimal choice. In my view

Last edited:

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
I think it would be great if someone could make a mod that allows store liquids such as milk, that may be otherwise transported and used only in buckets, in tanks. Or add this feature to the different mods they have tanks already, for example: Thermal Expansion or EnderIO or any another. The only mod I know is Mine Factory Reloaded. If there are other mods or addons allready could anyone give me the link.

I like to play Minecraft in Middle Age- or Steampunk style and MFR is not always the optimal choice. In my view
just so you know milk isn't actually a liquid in vanilla minecraft. it is just a special kind of bucket.

So are you just looking for a mod that ONLY adds tanks?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
just so you know milk isn't actually a liquid in vanilla minecraft. it is just a special kind of bucket.

I think that he means he would like a mod that changes all items that you would expect to be a liquid(like milk) to a real liquid like mfr does with milk.

Jokish363

Nov 26, 2012

does it means that milk as a liquid needs to be added in? i did not know that.
Is it very difficult to do that?
not only but the most of them do not allow storing milk in a tank.
It would be great if I could fill Milk in an block Open Block- or TE-tank or in any Tank from different Mods.
looks it is more difficult as i expectet.

Last edited:

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
From what I know of Open Blocks that should only require that this new mod registers a new liquid milk before open blocks registers it's tanks.
It would be kind of a waste of adding a mod but you could add mfr for it's milk and then disable the rest of the mod.

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
The bored guy, STRIKES AGAIN!
So again, as always:
I was bored, had an idea, wrote it down without ever planning to actually make it, but if there is an developer out there who is just as bored as me, feel free to steal the idea / make use of it / make fun of it and come up with something better.

Also, again: it is not completely finished, got a bit stuck on the skills, need to fill in some mini-bosses and got to extend the nether mob squad, but this can give an overall idea.

The mod is supposed to bring some life in the minecraft fighting world, because to me it's a little boring. New mobs, new fighting methods and a new end-game boss find a great reward.
HERE IS...
ASCENDED HUNTERS: http://bit.ly/1WzUvFE

Can also be found in the list of my other mod idea's somewhere in my signature ^^

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
The bored guy, STRIKES AGAIN!
So again, as always:
I was bored, had an idea, wrote it down without ever planning to actually make it, but if there is an developer out there who is just as bored as me, feel free to steal the idea / make use of it / make fun of it and come up with something better.

Also, again: it is not completely finished, got a bit stuck on the skills, need to fill in some mini-bosses and got to extend the nether mob squad, but this can give an overall idea.

The mod is supposed to bring some life in the minecraft fighting world, because to me it's a little boring. New mobs, new fighting methods and a new end-game boss find a great reward.
HERE IS...
ASCENDED HUNTERS: http://bit.ly/1WzUvFE

Can also be found in the list of my other mod idea's somewhere in my signature ^^
Wow that ascension mechanic has a lot of overlap with one of my plans for Clockwork Phase 2. Skill paths, replacing the hotbar, even the uncraftable altar for learning skills. I'd like to look into some of these ideas for the future. Problem is, Ascended Hunters and Clockwork Phase 2 have very different lore, so I'm not sure how well all these ideas would translate. If you really have no plans to make this mod happen otherwise though, it couldn't hurt to try.

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
Wow that ascension mechanic has a lot of overlap with one of my plans for Clockwork Phase 2. Skill paths, replacing the hotbar, even the uncraftable altar for learning skills. I'd like to look into some of these ideas for the future. Problem is, Ascended Hunters and Clockwork Phase 2 have very different lore, so I'm not sure how well all these ideas would translate. If you really have no plans to make this mod happen otherwise though, it couldn't hurt to try.
Hahaha lol. Well I don't have any plans myself so go ahead :p If you need something specific "translated" I'm sure I can do that

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Wanted: A mod that lets me make documentation in-game.

I am familiar with in-game wiki, but it requires doing the editing outside of game.

I want to be able to include crafting recipes, and game images/icons/etc.

NB: "lets me make documentation in-game" is not the same as "must only add to it in-game". Being able to start in-game, or add images, etc, does not mean that I cannot open up a text editor and edit outside of game. But being able to edit in-game means that I can see how much text is actually going to display in a screen, so that I don't have text going way off the bottom of a page, or what seemed like a short blurb is a good two pages worth of a vanilla minecraft book.