Request Suggest mods for creation here

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Nuno, that would be cool too.

Just as another spin, I've always thought that a better balancer would be a prospecting "machine" that you actually plonk down, power, and wait for it to finish its analysis. This also has the added benefit of performance: you can have essentially unlimited range on the mechanism since it isn't expected to report a result immediately.
So... who come first, the egg or the chicken? :p

For the machine and to generate power you need ores...
If the ores are scarce, like one vein of 100 blocks in a radius on 10 chunks... you will never find it without the prospecting tool..
No ores, no machine :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So... who come first, the egg or the chicken? :p

For the machine and to generate power you need ores...
If the ores are scarce, like one vein of 100 blocks in a radius on 10 chunks... you will never find it without the prospecting tool..
No ores, no machine :p
One hopes you are competent enough to get some ores the hard way before you learn how to get them quickly and effectively :p

QuantumZari

Jul 29, 2019
Weird. I always assumed this thread was a sort of dev\null for ideas so that modders didn't get spammed with them.
The vast majority of ideas posted in this thread do go to /dev/null since most of the ideas tend to be impractical to implement, poorly thought out, or there just isn't someone interested in implementing them. That being said there are certainly some mod developers that do read through this thread and will occasionally take interest in an idea presented here.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is that even possible? I thought biomes were ungenerated until "found", so at best a biome locator would have to pre-generate biomes for you.

Actually, there, I answered my own question.
They are "ungenerated", but (at least without modded biomes) when you use the same seed you always get the same biomes in the same locations...
For example:
jordsta95
You spawn next to a forest biome, and near-to a beach, with a hilly biome to your right. (with buildcraft there is a oil spout not too far from the spawn either). ALWAYS

So I believe that it is in the level.dat what biomes are where (I may be wrong though) so a biome locator MAY be possible, but I dunno how easy it'd be

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Might be possible to pregenerate just the biome locations/nodes from the worldseed?
- assuming the features you're tracking are seed based (so an oil spout locator won't work).
Though it might get problematic if biome generation doesn't follow the vanilla placement style

The vast majority of ideas posted in this thread do go to /dev/null since most of the ideas tend to be impractical to implement, poorly thought out, or there just isn't someone interested in implementing them.

Could be a lot worse- take a look at the vanilla suggestions forum on MCF.
(I should start doing dramatic readings of the worst ones)​

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
If AMIDST can do it, I don't see why a mod couldn't do the same thing in-game. Better, it could even read the biome list with all the probability weights and work almost exactly like AMIDST, only for modded instances.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Actually, I do read through this on occasion. There were a few ideas in this thread that I considered implementing, but I don't wanna go about stealing ideas. That and I'm focused on making one specific mod, so any idea that I'd build upon would just be added as a part of that mod.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
There were a few ideas in this thread that I considered implementing, but I don't wanna go about stealing ideas. That and I'm focused on making one specific mod, so any idea that I'd build upon would just be added as a part of that mod.
Bear in mind that the vast majority (all?) of people posting ideas here are desperately praying for someone to "steal" their ideas :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Bear in mind that the vast majority (all?) of people posting ideas here are desperately praying for someone to "steal" their ideas :p
I wouldn't say praying... some things are just ideas that would be cool...
for example, my RF hidden base thingy, it's not something I WANT it's something that COULD be cool... Also, anything to actually make me want to make a massive Big Reactors set-up

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
Manual Sorting Chest:
function like a regular chest, but when an item is placed in a slot which already hold an item, that item will be placed in the next slot, again and again until there's either an empty slot or no slot, in which case the last item is placed back in your hand. When an item is removed from a slot the reverse will happen- the items in the next slots will be moved to the previous slots, until there's an empty one. When an item is shift clicked in or pumped automatically, it will go either next to an identical item or to the last available slot (assuming there's space in the chest). For extra points- redstone/GUI disable option.

This is because some people (Cough cough Morvelaira Cough) have a very specific sorting ideas that can't be automated in any sane way (Say, categorized as "pretty blocks", specific orders of wood, etc). This chest can very easily preserve any order of items placed in it while allowing a very fast manual input-output (You only have to sort it once).

I'm pretty sure this could be done with command blocks alone, so i doubt coding it will be unfeasible.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Manual Sorting Chest:
function like a regular chest, but when an item is placed in a slot which already hold an item, that item will be placed in the next slot, again and again until there's either an empty slot or no slot, in which case the last item is placed back in your hand. When an item is removed from a slot the reverse will happen- the items in the next slots will be moved to the previous slots, until there's an empty one. When an item is shift clicked in or pumped automatically, it will go either next to an identical item or to the last available slot (assuming there's space in the chest). For extra points- redstone/GUI disable option.

This is because some people (Cough cough Morvelaira Cough) have a very specific sorting ideas that can't be automated in any sane way (Say, categorized as "pretty blocks", specific orders of wood, etc). This chest can very easily preserve any order of items placed in it while allowing a very fast manual input-output (You only have to sort it once).

I'm pretty sure this could be done with command blocks alone, so i doubt coding it will be unfeasible.
See: Refined Relocation
This is pretty much what you asked for, with a few things missing... You have your normal wall of diamond chests (as you do) and they can "share" inventories, and you can set what items go to what chest, so the first chest woods (sorted by OreDict, or by saying "oak, birch and jungle only" for example) and then the next chest along will have any ingot that you specify, etc. etc.

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
See: Refined Relocation
This is pretty much what you asked for, with a few things missing... You have your normal wall of diamond chests (as you do) and they can "share" inventories, and you can set what items go to what chest, so the first chest woods (sorted by OreDict, or by saying "oak, birch and jungle only" for example) and then the next chest along will have any ingot that you specify, etc. etc.

Well, it sounds great, but I'm not sure precisely how the mod sort things physically or by undefined categorize (How would you sort "trophy items", or "Decorative blocks for tower A" in text?). I want a very easy-to-use sorting that you can just start anywhere anywhen: It doesn't actually need to sort for you, just allow you to input and output items very fast from your own sorting ideas.
(This is not exclusive: It's probably possible for Refined Relocation to either have or add the system)

This is mainly drawn from Morvelaira recent stream, where she was sorting her way through her chests while TTFTCUTS explaining why Morvy-sorting is beyond the scope of present modding technology. This would allow her to cut the time of sorting by roughly 20 times.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it sounds great, but I'm not sure precisely how the mod sort things physically or by undefined categorize (How would you sort "trophy items", or "Decorative blocks for tower A" in text?). I want a very easy-to-use sorting that you can just start anywhere anywhen: It doesn't actually need to sort for you, just allow you to input and output items very fast from your own sorting ideas.
(This is not exclusive: It's probably possible for Refined Relocation to either have or add the system)

This is mainly drawn from Morvelaira recent stream, where she was sorting her way through her chests while TTFTCUTS explaining why Morvy-sorting is beyond the scope of present modding technology. This would allow her to cut the time of sorting by roughly 20 times.
See for yourself

Reactions: squeek502

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
A modular powersuit addon mod that let you be able to upgrade the suit through advancing through your hardcore questing book. At the moment im doing it without this on a map, and its all trust based...

Before you try to troll me or argue against me I would like to remind you of something;
"B**** Imma f***ing rocket scientist."

Sent from a potato using iSpud

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
A modular powersuit addon mod that let you be able to upgrade the suit through advancing through your hardcore questing book. At the moment im doing it without this on a map, and its all trust based...

Before you try to troll me or argue against me I would like to remind you of something;
"B**** Imma f***ing rocket scientist."

Sent from a potato using iSpud
Only @Reika can use that line!

Reactions: 1SDAN

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
See for yourself

Well, yeah, it's good, but it's not what i wanted: It's an exceedingly powerful way to organize your stuff, but i want a simple, quick to use and easy to understand and set solution. Nothing about this video addressed my previous point: Completely random categories, easy manual extraction or ease of setting up. If i wanted to put a chest near my construction site with some regular categories and a category of "building blocks i'd like to use for this build" i'd have to spend a lot of time defining a custom filter.