Request Suggest mods for creation here

Warplord

Jul 29, 2019
Give us oil again !! Buildcraft, pneumaticraft and magneticraft are all gone... oil and oil usage (refineries, engines, etc.) is what we need in modded MC right now!

Reactions: Spajky32
N

NerpyDerpston

Alright, I'll start with something I think doesn't exist (at least I haven't found anything when googled).

A mod that just adds tanks for liquids, like the ones from Railcraft or Xycraft or even Buildcraft. But just the tanks.

Why I am suggesting this? Simply because I'm not quite interested in the content Railcraft and Xycraft adds but I like the tanks they introduce. Buildcraft is fine but I prefer Thermal Expansion which doesn't have any large tanks for storage. I don't like installing a mod to use just a couple of items, so I'm pretty much at dead end.

I don't know if the mod will gain much popularity but I'm probably not the only one that would like a feature like this one.
Openblocks has what you are looking for with a lot of cool extras.. don't know if you knew that already.

N

NerpyDerpston

Personally I would like to see a mod that adds another set of channels for Tesseracts. Said channels would be semi private, perhaps password protected or tied in to Grief prevention/ World Guard / Towny. Or you could just add a players IGN to a list of allowed users. This way you can share tesseracts with others but not have it completely open. And now that they are releasing a TE based API this may be possible.
Lock your tesseracts

N

NerpyDerpston

I'd like to see a block that acts like a deployer and block breaker in one block. Could work off multiple inputs, signal strength, or just toggle by input. Not sure which would be easiest to make, but it sure could make some frame builds simpler.
autonomous activator of thermal expansion

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to have some way of making signs out of different materials other than wood(cobblestone/stone, iron, gold, diamonds, etc.) as well as paint them in different colors(white, orange, magenta, light blue, etc.) and/or themes(yellow/black or red/white caution tape, flowers, etc.). These could be useful for if you want to make signs based on the elements they're associated with such as farming or machinery. Something I'd imagine doing is labeling any and all of my tanks containing hazardous liquids with signs containing the universal symbols for hazardous materials such as gasses under pressure, health hazard, explosives, flammables, etc.

N

NerpyDerpston

I would like to have some way of making signs out of different materials other than wood(cobblestone/stone, iron, gold, diamonds, etc.) as well as paint them in different colors(white, orange, magenta, light blue, etc.) and/or themes(yellow/black or red/white caution tape, flowers, etc.). These could be useful for if you want to make signs based on the elements they're associated with such as farming or machinery. Something I'd imagine doing is labeling any and all of my tanks containing hazardous liquids with signs containing the universal symbols for hazardous materials such as gasses under pressure, health hazard, explosives, flammables, etc.
I BELIEVE that is out somewhere already but can't point my finger to it at the moment

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I BELIEVE that is out somewhere already but can't point my finger to it at the moment
Can't remember the name either but it can be seen in either ep 35 or 36 of Direwolf20's Sky Factory 3 series - signs with different materials, colours etc and can be placed flat. No hazard signs though - THAT would be awesome ;)

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Can't remember the name either but it can be seen in either ep 35 or 36 of Direwolf20's Sky Factory 3 series - signs with different materials, colours etc and can be placed flat. No hazard signs though - THAT would be awesome ;)
The mod name is 'MoarSigns'

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
a mod that add soul bound items that are gained by beating mobs and bosses. the items can only be used by the specific player that does the majority of damage to the mob (if the majority of damage isn't done by a player then no item drops). Mostly thinking tiered progression to tougher and more complex battles, receiving items that will help with the next set of battles.

Might be nice to compliment that with a mod that adds a rpg system for different martial styles. With some styles able to do flips and pirouettes, etc.

I have been wanting good fights for so long. Other then a few bosses that require more strategy in the preparation then acutally fighting there aren't many choices in the current version of minecraft. that i have seen (which isn't much. i don't play a very large variety of packs)

N

NerpyDerpston

a mod that add soul bound items that are gained by beating mobs and bosses. the items can only be used by the specific player that does the majority of damage to the mob (if the majority of damage isn't done by a player then no item drops). Mostly thinking tiered progression to tougher and more complex battles, receiving items that will help with the next set of battles.

Might be nice to compliment that with a mod that adds a rpg system for different martial styles. With some styles able to do flips and pirouettes, etc.

I have been wanting good fights for so long. Other then a few bosses that require more strategy in the preparation then acutally fighting there aren't many choices in the current version of minecraft. that i have seen (which isn't much. i don't play a very large variety of packs)
that sounds pretty cool, though im just fine with the soulbound enchantment from ars magica 2 and the item anchor with random things

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
that sounds pretty cool, though im just fine with the soulbound enchantment from ars magica 2 and the item anchor with random things
i haven't experienced the soulbound from ars magica 2. i was mainly wanting as a mechanic to get players to kill mobs themselves. Though someone could draft a mod to bypass if. As none of the items dropped by the mobs would be usable by a player if that player didn't kill the mob themselves. last time i played ars magica i think it was in 1.6.4. i never really got very far in it either.

edit: sorry, i just rememberd soulbound in this means stays with you on death. no, in this instance i mean only that player could use the item. in lots of games i played the soulbound items couldn't even be picked up by any player but the one they dropped for.

N

NerpyDerpston

i haven't experienced the soulbound from ars magica 2. i was mainly wanting as a mechanic to get players to kill mobs themselves. Though someone could draft a mod to bypass if. As none of the items dropped by the mobs would be usable by a player if that player didn't kill the mob themselves. last time i played ars magica i think it was in 1.6.4. i never really got very far in it either.

edit: sorry, i just rememberd soulbound in this means stays with you on death. no, in this instance i mean only that player could use the item. in lots of games i played the soulbound items couldn't even be picked up by any player but the one they dropped for.
I do know that the bound armor and tools from blood magic have what you are looking for PLUS they stay upon you on death

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015

Hmm I actually thing the Botania boss battle(s) is right up your alley - especially the Gaia Guardian II - it drops an item which is bound to the player, any other player who picks it up takes damage until they drop it again.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if I suggested this earlier, but I would love to see soft drinks added to Pam's Harvestcraft or any other farming/food mod (Cola, Mountain Dew, Root Beer, Ginger Ale/Ginger Beer, etc.). They won't fill your hunger bar a lot, but I imagine that these should give you plenty of stat buffs that are different debending on the brand of drink. I imagine that players will wash down their in-game meals with these soft drinks to give them boosts like strength, jump boost, water breathing, etc. ;)