Request Suggest mods for creation here

thunderbolt_6

Jul 29, 2019
Request for a mod to add on invasion.(this modpack is hard unless you UNDERSTAND the mechanics)
Add a system of blood based (togleable on/off number like a bar amount), when you been hitted you can have a chance to bleed(% based on healt)it can act like poison or wither effect, it will not stop until you bendage up or pass a certain time(lot of).when you have low healt you see black and withe(1/4 life or less), you see blurred(1/2 or less),slowness on certain point(like on 1/3, idk)?.This idea need to be refined and polished
Resuming.
Features:
+Blood system
+Bandages
+Bleed system
+Injuries
+all the above needs to be configurable
All of the above need to be adjusted for better gameplay and dont get super hard.

If u think this is the worng place to request this, feel free to say.
Should i post this on mc forum or reddit to get the mod develop?

Thx for read ;) and sorry for the bad eng not my 1º lang .

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'd love to see a "cursed earth" stand alone style mod. Main difference is that it's configurable, where you can specify what mobs spawn, what buffs they get, and what blocks it can spread to and growth conditions.
Bonus points if the blocks grow "cursed grass" just for effect.

I may or may not be planning an alien terraforming/invasion style pack..

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to see a "cursed earth" stand alone style mod. Main difference is that it's configurable, where you can specify what mobs spawn, what buffs they get, and what blocks it can spread to and growth conditions.
Bonus points if the blocks grow "cursed grass" just for effect.

I may or may not be planning an alien terraforming/invasion style pack..

So, Thaumcraft? :p

Reciprocity

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't a mission critical request...

I love that mods add /help info. However, when a lot of mods are installed, we'll end up with a ton of /help pages and not a ton of information about what each command is...let alone which mod it is associated with. We can comb through various places (Curse, Github, etc) to find the commands but I was thinking about this as a mod...

Help Lister: Generates a simple text file that lists the following - /command, mod. Executes automatically on launch (and/or by /command). Ideally it would also list some details or info about what the command is but I doubt that's feasible (unless that data is somehow contained in the mod file). Maybe /command, mod, URL?

Maybe v2 would have the ability to categorize the /commands...like a config/xml/json file that allows a user to "group" all the magic related mods together by creating a "chapter" heading called magic. So to get to all the/commands for Thaumcraft, Ars Magica, Blood Magic the user could create a "chapter" heading called Magic and type /magic thaumcraft research, /magic amuicfg, etc. Perhaps even be able to create a Minecraft book that allows for clicking.

It's purely informational of course...doesn't even qualify as a quality of life type of thing. But it would help with knowledge. At work recently I've been working on a project integrating two catering software systems together...and both systems have data that is named horrendously inconsistently. Now my brain is all focused on clean categorization and making data easier to look up o_O

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
any mods that place procedurally generated tinkers' tools in chests? and disables crafting and upgrading tinkers' tools.

seems like it might be interesting. to have to explore to find the tools. instead of crafting them. i tried the weapon crates mod. It just didn't have much to the weapons though. They seemed like uniques in line with near vanilla balance. would likely be a interesting mod if nothing else added weapons to the game and the vanilla ones were disabled.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
This may be one for the FTB guys. Replace the "Realms" button on the main page with an "FTB Servers" button. What it will do is show a list of servers hosting the current modpack so that the player may join. Backendwise, a server owner would "register" their server with the system so it could show up in the list.

N

NerpyDerpston

A mod, where you can produce power... Not like we have now where a Big reactor can meet all your needs, but where the end goal is to have infinite power generation. Through tiers, starting with just a few rf/t to infinity rf/tick (maybe like tier 10? 20? 100?) Insane grind to get to the end, but once you do you never have to worry about power ever again. That's what I want. Get to work you lazybones, I don't pay you to sit around on your butt all day and work on your main projects.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
A mod, where you can produce power... Not like we have now where a Big reactor can meet all your needs, but where the end goal is to have infinite power generation. Through tiers, starting with just a few rf/t to infinity rf/tick (maybe like tier 10? 20? 100?) Insane grind to get to the end, but once you do you never have to worry about power ever again. That's what I want. Get to work you lazybones, I don't pay you to sit around on your butt all day and work on your main projects.
Have you seen Draconic Evolution's Reactor? Get to it. Have fun with that.

N

NerpyDerpston

Have you seen Draconic Evolution's Reactor? Get to it. Have fun with that.
Yes but draconic evolution's reactor is not the same as what i said i wanted. Other than the explosion it can make, I don't think it would fit my purposes.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yes but draconic evolution's reactor is not the same as what i said i wanted. Other than the explosion it can make, I don't think it would fit my purposes.
Once you've got it set up and working well, it will use awakened draconium very slowly to generate ludicrous power, and shouldn't require much looking after. Is it that different?

N

NerpyDerpston

Yes. I want to have a super grind to get to literally infinite power generation. And, in addition, the fuel can be something super expensive. I want it to be so satisfying to get it automated, that i can die in peace if i were to be struck down that night.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yes. I want to have a super grind to get to literally infinite power generation. And, in addition, the fuel can be something super expensive. I want it to be so satisfying to get it automated, that i can die in peace if i were to be struck down that night.
Honestly, that sounds exactly like the draconic reactor to me, so I'll just leave it.

N

NerpyDerpston

Honestly, that sounds exactly like the draconic reactor to me, so I'll just leave it.
But is it tiered? No it is not. You start from the bottom then get, TO INFINITY, AND BEYOND!!!!!! I WANT THIS TO BE THE ONLY POWER GENERATION MOD ANYONE EVER NEEDS IN THEIR LIFE!!!!!!!!!! (sorry i'm VERY enthusiastic about this. I may even start a petition!)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
But is it tiered? No it is not. You start from the bottom then get, TO INFINITY, AND BEYOND!!!!!! I WANT THIS TO BE THE ONLY POWER GENERATION MOD ANYONE EVER NEEDS IN THEIR LIFE!!!!!!!!!! (sorry i'm VERY enthusiastic about this. I may even start a petition!)
One could argue that its certainly gated, if not tiered, but I get what you mean ;)

OK, taking what you've said on board - what kind of tiering would you want? One-block upgradeable tiering like TE machines? Size-increasable fixed tiers like Environmental Tech? Or something that purely depends on resources, like Extreme Reactors?

Likewise, you said you want loads of grind - are we talking like fire-and-forget time grind like the neutron collectors in Avaritia, or resource grind like the singularities? What are your feelings about things like the Mekanism fusion reactor, which requires a bit of each of these things, such as getting tritium via the solar neutron activators?

N

NerpyDerpston

Tiered like the TE and resource like Extreme Rectors. As for grind, something like Avaritia. Also, the fuel would be something super expensive. (Nether stars, or something added by the mod?) I'm starting to want to learn Java so that I can make this myself.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Tiered like the TE and resource like Extreme Rectors. As for grind, something like Avaritia. Also, the fuel would be something super expensive. (Nether stars, or something added by the mod?) I'm starting to want to learn Java so that I can make this myself.
Now that is a great idea! :) Ultimately, the best way to get what you want can be to try and make it yourself.

So something that generates a unique resource slowly, for making the machine itself; then for higher tiers you need say compressed, double compressed of something to map to the increased resource requirements a-la Extreme Reactors, but once you've built the "upgrade", you slap it on your existing block and it makes it the next tier.

Expensive is ultimately in the eye of the beholder; nether stars are super tough an expensive in some mod packs, and cheap as chips once you get to a certain point in others. Heh - can you imagine if you required gaseous dragons breath pumped into an extractor to break down a super-rare ore that you can only get from, say, the end; the resulting slurry then needs purifying with nether stars before it can be put into your power source? Now THAT'S expensive. And then each tier of generator requires more, or perhaps further purified fuel or something? Have I gone completely off the beaten track or is that similar to what you had in mind? Though that wouldn't fit with the low tier. Perhaps you can only smelt the ore into an inefficient fuel, suitable for low tier, and further purification steps are needed for the higher tiers?

N

NerpyDerpston

Now that is a great idea! :) Ultimately, the best way to get what you want can be to try and make it yourself.

So something that generates a unique resource slowly, for making the machine itself; then for higher tiers you need say compressed, double compressed of something to map to the increased resource requirements a-la Extreme Reactors, but once you've built the "upgrade", you slap it on your existing block and it makes it the next tier.

Expensive is ultimately in the eye of the beholder; nether stars are super tough and expensive in some modpacks, and cheap as chips once you get to a certain point in others. Heh - can you imagine if you required gaseous dragons breath pumped into an extractor to break down a super-rare ore that you can only get from, say, the end; the resulting slurry then needs purifying with nether stars before it can be put into your power source? Now THAT'S expensive. And then each tier of generator requires more, or perhaps further purified fuel or something? Have I gone completely off the beaten track or is that similar to what you had in mind? Though that wouldn't fit with the low tier. Perhaps you can only smelt the ore into an inefficient fuel, suitable for low tier, and further purification steps are needed for the higher tiers?
That is EXACTLY what I would like to see. I also wouldn't mind if the names were ridiculous too, the more expensive it gets. Perhaps fuel would start with wood, then coal, iron, gold, diamond, emerald, (I'm gonna call the ore ridiculousite for now) ridiculousite ore, ridiculousite ingot, ridiculousite block, refined ridiculousite, refined ridiculousite block, purified ridiculousite, purified ridiculousite block, maxiridiculousite blend (purified ridiculousite powder plus nether star), maxiridiculousite alloy (ridiculousite blend smelted in special machine), maxiridiculousite alloy block, infiniridiculousite blend (alloy plus dragon egg), infiniridiculousite alloy (blend smelted in special machine), infiniridiculousite alloy block, and finally Infinity Stone. (infiniridiculousite compressed like nine times) Infinity stone would last for infinity, as the name suggests. Obviously efficiency would go up as the tier goes up, to make actually feasible to automate. 20 tiers, serious gind, and infinite power generation.

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
That is EXACTLY what I would like to see. I also wouldn't mind if the names were ridiculous too, the more expensive it gets. Perhaps fuel would start with wood, then coal, iron, gold, diamond, emerald, (I'm gonna call the ore ridiculousite for now) ridiculousite ore, ridiculousite ingot, ridiculousite block, refined ridiculousite, refined ridiculousite block, purified ridiculousite, purified ridiculousite block, maxiridiculousite blend (purified ridiculousite powder plus nether star), maxiridiculousite alloy (ridiculousite blend smelted in special machine), maxiridiculousite alloy block, infiniridiculousite blend (alloy plus dragon egg), infiniridiculousite alloy (blend smelted in special machine), infiniridiculousite alloy block, and finally Infinity Stone. (infiniridiculousite compressed like nine times) Infinity stone would last for infinity, as the name suggests. Obviously efficiency would go up as the tier goes up, to make actually feasible to automate. 20 tiers, serious gind, and infinite power generation.
This is ridiculous.