Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Here's an idea that strikes me as 'fun': Give lava the chance to affect blocks placed next to it. For example, gravel immersed in lava eventually changes to cobble, sand to glass, cobble to smooth stone. Ores might be affected as well (iron ore to steel ore?) Speed would depend on the average height of lava on the exposed sides, and the number of exposed sides - fastest when 5 or 6 exposed sides are fully covered, slowest when only a trickle is against one side.
actually, this might be used to make some pretty awesome looking auto furnaces. Especially if there are ways to speed the process up.....

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
actually, this might be used to make some pretty awesome looking auto furnaces. Especially if there are ways to speed the process up.....

I got the idea when using sand blocks to block off a lava-fall, so I know where you're coming from. ;D

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
It should be easy enough to implement as well, Thermal Foundation's blazing pyrotheum already does something similar with cobble to stone, and dirt to glass.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
A mod to raise the number of scheduled block ticks that can exist in 1.7.10.

(1.10 has already raised the number from 1000 to 65,000, I believe)

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
a mod that balances rarity of ores with the fact blocks can't be mined. things like grass, flowers, etc can be broken. when you mine a block it works a little like normal. you don't break the block but you get the resource/drops and tools are needed and used up as normal.

the basic idea is once you find a resource you have a unlimited amount of it. the resources will be hard to find. especially since you can't mine blocks to tunnel to it. (might need to make ore blocks unable to be placed, harvested, crafted for it to fully work as intended.) though you can't move the resource though so you need to come up with another method to get it back to base. (this would break some quarries, others would still work as intended. except never need to be moved.) it would be up to the mod user how to configure things like quarries though. based on the desired effect on gameplay they wanted them to have.

not fully fleshed out idea. hoping i got it across enough that anyone that find this of interest can run with it.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Three mods I'd like to see:

1) Some way of fixing Biome IDs, so we have a full 256, and not 128 with 128 as variations of the first. Really limits mod combinations when using a Biome Mod with others.

2) A mod that reverts the new combat system back to original system.

3) Skyland Terrain generator for 1.10

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
a mod that balances rarity of ores with the fact blocks can't be mined. ... the resources will be hard to find. especially since you can't mine blocks to tunnel to it.

Keep in mind the following:
1. You can use pistons to pull stone out of the way to look for ores.
2. Will creepers / TNT / withers destroy blocks?

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I guess the biggest issue could be mods with the ability to move blocks (frames/portal gun ect)- which could pull the infinite ore block to anywhere in the world.
(solution- the source block saves its co-ordinates and dimension ID when it first generates, then converts itself to regular stone should its location be changed)​

I like this a lot; explosions are fun and dangerous- which makes it worth the risk.
Balance wise; explosives are difficult/impossible to acquire in large amounts early on- you'll some decent infrastructure before you can go blasting with tonnes of the stuff.​

(side note- it would be pretty interesting if a mod had a auto-mining mechanic which used explosives)

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
1) Update Moo Fluid to 1.10.2

2) A chicken-drops mod that gives various chickens, similar to how Moo Fluid gives different variety of cows, which drop random items (not block-items though) instead of eggs, for 1.10.2

3) A tweaker mod for Moo Fluid 1.10.2, the unnamed chicken mod, Shear Maddness, and vanilla passive mobs. It lets the modpack maker use configs to control which cows/sheep/chickens can spawn, such as limiting natural spawning to lava cows, water cows, seed chickens, bonemeal chickens, oak leaf block sheep, and vanilla (white wool) sheep. The mod may also configure which items can be fed to an animal or variety to make it breedable, and makes recipes (with their own JEI category) for breeding various varieties that might be disabled for spawning (Such as the white wool sheep eats wheat, the oak leaf sheep eats an oak sapling, and together they make an Oak Planks Sheep), though it can't make sheep breed with cows, cows with chickens, or chickens with sheep.

Reactions: Lethosos

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Keep in mind the following:
1. You can use pistons to pull stone out of the way to look for ores.
i think the tougher methods might be alright. if something like a wand could do it then it would be to easy. but moving a ore block hundreds of meters to get it closer to base with pistons is a feat that is worth allowing.
still waiting for someone to build a mobile base. It moves wherever, whenever you need. not like the tardis mod. just a base that takes full advantage of slime blocks and frames, or something.

might also mix that with changing all ores to only drop stone when broken and only give the processed ore when mined. that would get a little complex though as it might make lots of other things not work well. maybe placing a ore block would change it to stone?

Last edited:
C

Chronoman

One potential mod idea, what about a tool that takes a large network of conduits and replaces them with another in your inventory? Particularly, if you've set up your base's infrastructure with TD Fluxducts or Ender IO Energy Conduits, this tool would help you upgrade to a higher tier without having to wrench out each block manually. Perhaps it could work for other such pipes, while leaving all filters/servos attached to the pipes.

Reactions: Tianyulong

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I like using decorative items but I don't like the lag they can cause if, for example, lots of tile entities are deployed.

So, I would like a (client side only) mod that would allow me to use a "named" stick or some trivial vanilla item that doesn't otherwise exist to:
highlight all tile entities in the current chunk when held.
provide some info as to whether they are registered for ticks or random ticks.
show the actual block ids & meta in my local chat when tapped.
etc.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
a mod that unleashes changes based on achievements. such as new world gen and enemies when the wither is defeated, then again with the ender dragon. was thinking with extreme config options. such as running commands such as gamerules; blacklisting items, mobs, and worldgen until the a specific achievement is met. Even having its own achievement, book, or gui element to say what the specific achievements needed are to unlock new stuff.

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
a mod that unleashes changes based on achievements. such as new world gen and enemies when the wither is defeated, then again with the ender dragon. was thinking with extreme config options. such as running commands such as gamerules; blacklisting items, mobs, and worldgen until the a specific achievement is met. Even having its own achievement, book, or gui element to say what the specific achievements needed are to unlock new stuff.
Ah, but in the case of a multiplayer game, does this unlock stuff for everyone when one person achieves stuff, or does it unlock stuff on a per-person basis?
If that could be config'd too, sweet.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I think Accidentally Circumstantial Events and/or Progression may be able to do that. Though Progression is currently not in development and 1.10 port for ACE is somewhat stalled

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, but in the case of a multiplayer game, does this unlock stuff for everyone when one person achieves stuff, or does it unlock stuff on a per-person basis?
If that could be config'd too, sweet.
That would be a tough one. Was thinking save wide. That would make it tough for new server goers though. As I was thinking along the lines of you defeat the ender dragon and the gamerules for setting the game to night and freezing the daylight cycle would be ran. or similar things. Like tougher mobs spawning and the weaker mobs not spawning as often.
I think Accidentally Circumstantial Events and/or Progression may be able to do that. Though Progression is currently not in development and 1.10 port for ACE is somewhat stalled
The "accidental circumstantial events" looks like it would work perfectly for that. thanks. Will remember that one.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
There's a mod that causes tree saplings that drop on the ground to plant themselves. I can't remember it off hand. Pneaumaticraft's seeds did that as well. Shouldn't be impossible, just a matter of making it happen.

Why dispensers though?