Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking of the same mechanism that captive minecraft uses: as soon as an achievement is gotten for the first time by anyone, the border expands.

For maximum size, it's just necessary that for each achievement, someone has gotten it. It's not like everyone can kill the dragon, for example.

(well, not in 1710. And in 1.10.2, it's only valuable for the first person to kill it.)
===

Multiple world borders would require a complete re-implementation of world borders. Both the Mojang 1.8+ implementation, and the 1.7.10 mod that provides it, does it as a single border for the entire world. But I think the 1.7.10 mod allows each dimension to have a different one (the mojang one uses the same border in each dimension -- think about the nether and that for a moment. Heck, think about the end, if your world border is not centered at 0,0.)

D

DariusMateHD

I'm not sure if this is already done, but the basic idea is a whitelist clear lag for Forge Minecraft.

I have 12904 kelp items on the ground that appear when the plant breaks. There is no way to avoid it (from what I know) therefore I want some type of clear lag that will delete them around any interval.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
A way to climb trees.

Seriously, how many of you climbed trees as a child? Now?

I can understand saying "you can't climb a birch tree" -- giving them a meter trunk is very generous. Maybe even a small oak is "too small". But a large tree?

Maybe trees have to be a certain size, or contain branches, before they are "big enough" to have limbs that will support climbing.

Heck, for that matter, why do none of the other trees have branches besides giant oaks and giant jungles?

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Ok, I know this will sound useless or stupid, but what about a way to slow down creative-mode flight for 1.10.2? Be it a piece of armor, or an off-hand item, or just something placed in your inventory, anything would work. I just don't want to be flying around at regular speeds when placing Chisels & Bits block pieces.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Ok, I know this will sound useless or stupid, but what about a way to slow down creative-mode flight for 1.10.2? Be it a piece of armor, or an off-hand item, or just something placed in your inventory, anything would work. I just don't want to be flying around at regular speeds when placing Chisels & Bits block pieces.

This right here is why I avoid flying. Control is usually dicey at best.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
  1. Holding shift and spacebar at the same time will cause you to move a bit slower, without changing your elevation. However, for precision work, you probably won't want to be pressing and releasing those keys all the time, as if you don't press or release them both at precisely the same instant, you'll shift up or down a bit.
  2. Just tapping your arrow keys (or WASD, whichever you prefer) once will move you a very tiny amount, as you won't have accelerated much by the time you release the key. This, incidentally, is why I cannot stand mod-added jetpacks that do not have you slide around like vanilla Creative flight does- if you start moving at full speed the instant you press the key, positioning yourself in precisely the right spot becomes well-nigh impossible.
  3. Potions of slowness will slow you down as well, if you can stand all the particles.

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
  1. Holding shift and spacebar at the same time will cause you to move a bit slower, without changing your elevation. However, for precision work, you probably won't want to be pressing and releasing those keys all the time, as if you don't press or release them both at precisely the same instant, you'll shift up or down a bit.
  2. Just tapping your arrow keys (or WASD, whichever you prefer) once will move you a very tiny amount, as you won't have accelerated much by the time you release the key. This, incidentally, is why I cannot stand mod-added jetpacks that do not have you slide around like vanilla Creative flight does- if you start moving at full speed the instant you press the key, positioning yourself in precisely the right spot becomes well-nigh impossible.
  3. Potions of slowness will slow you down as well, if you can stand all the particles.

... I can't believe I forgot about potions. I play with minimal particles, so that would be perfect. Thank you.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I know this will sound useless or stupid, but what about a way to slow down creative-mode flight for 1.10.2?

** How about a mod to make you stop instantly when you let go of a flight button in creative mode??? Seriously, who ever thought that creative/god-mode should have less than accurate positioning?

Y

yggdrasil75

So I don't know if this has been recommended before but I want larger rivers. I am tired of only finding 2 blocks deep rivers and really skinny rivers. I want a vanilla style generation (I know about Streams) river that is larger occasionally. maybe a rare one the size of the Mississippi or Nile.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So I don't know if this has been recommended before but I want larger rivers. I am tired of only finding 2 blocks deep rivers and really skinny rivers. I want a vanilla style generation (I know about Streams) river that is larger occasionally. maybe a rare one the size of the Mississippi or Nile.

Realistic river-gen would be pretty neat, but it occurred to me that there are parts of the Ole Miss that are almost 4 km across (judging by bridge lengths.) I think if anyone found one of those rare rivers, they'd mistake it for an ocean biome. :D

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
After watching Dire's spotlight on Deep Resonance and the mention of liquid NBT data. (Yes I live under a rock).

Cryogenically stabilised mechanics (power cables/energy storage/machinary ect), where we actually pump the cryogenic fluids through to maintain the working temperature (essentially using the fluid NBT data to track temperature).
So a power cable would consist of a conductor and two pipes (there and back). You'd need enough refrigeration to keep the overall system cool, and a sufficient pump to keep the cables cool.​

Or what about your boilers? from coal fuelled to nuclear; fluid temperature and pressure (separate values, but inherently proportional to other). Dump too much cold water in and you'll lose pressure (and thus power output). Also less water to heat= faster warmup times and greater efficiency, at the risk of running dry...

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Climate control can be configured to give standard vanilla biome layout, with rivers three times as wide as normal.

Despite three times the width, there are still occasional times that they dry up because vanilla rivers are derpy. Just much, much less of it.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Here's an idea that strikes me as 'fun': Give lava the chance to affect blocks placed next to it. For example, gravel immersed in lava eventually changes to cobble, sand to glass, cobble to smooth stone. Ores might be affected as well (iron ore to steel ore?) Speed would depend on the average height of lava on the exposed sides, and the number of exposed sides - fastest when 5 or 6 exposed sides are fully covered, slowest when only a trickle is against one side.

Reactions: DeathOfTime