Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Etho had a system where you pressed buttons, and everything you needed to brew dropped in your lap.

As to automating the brewing: How? Video please?

(The timing of clearing out the bottom / adding new stuff on the top and side is what I can't really figure out. Order of stuff into the top is difficult, but I can at least see a way to do it. But don't some brewing operations leave unexpected bottles that need to be manually cleared?)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Multiple stands, using Hoppers to move items. Input bottle items on the side, and brew items on top. Finished products out the bottom.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Then just have two Hoppers. One that feeds first wart and then the item for the second/third/etc potion you want. Just make sure that if you use say, water vanilla style, each item drops in sequence from closest to farthest. So they always land in the right order in the hopper.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
A mod for color blindness.

Specifically, something (probably a shader or something) that runs late/last in the display, to alter certain colors being displayed.

I'm going to reference DMM's IWC annotation on color here -- http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/3507.html -- but the basic issue is that by filtering out the wavelengths in the range where the long and medium (aka "red" and "green") cones overlap, you can help people with color vision problems.

So what if we got rid of the overlapping wavelengths? Imagine we took a range of typical red objects and green objects, and located the wavelengths where objects of both colours reflect light, and then designed a filter to remove those wavelengths. Then a green object seen through such a filter would have the more reddish components of light filtered out, while a red object would have the more greenish components of light filtered out. To a person with normal colour vision, many green objects seen through such a filter would appear to be slightly more vivid shades of green, while many red objects would appear to be slightly more vivid shades of red. Not a great difference, but you might notice it.

But to a person with deuteranomaly or protanomaly, the removal of those overlapping wavelengths could make a big difference. Rather than the overlapping wavelengths of the red and green objects stimulating the L and M cones similarly, and thus appearing to be slightly different shades of a similar colour, now the red objects stimulate the L cones significantly more than the M cones, and the green objects stimulate the M cones much more than the L cones. But... this is exactly what happens to a person with normal colour vision!

In other words, by filtering out a carefully selected range of wavelengths, we can stimulate the L and M cone cells in deuteranomalous and protanomalous people in a similar way to those of people with normal colour vision. And the rest of the nervous system works the same way as in people with normal colour vision. It will take these stimuli and interpret them - as colours that look more different than they did prior to filtering. A deuteranomalous or protanomalous person could well see red and green objects through such a filter as two more obviously different colours, rather than shades of a similar colour.

In-game, since R and G are actual display primaries, my guess would be something that filters the colors of pixels when both R and G values are present to increase the higher number and decrease the lower one -- sort of sharpening the R/G distinction.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
A mod for color blindness.

Specifically, something (probably a shader or something) that runs late/last in the display, to alter certain colors being displayed.

I'm going to reference DMM's IWC annotation on color here -- http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/3507.html -- but the basic issue is that by filtering out the wavelengths in the range where the long and medium (aka "red" and "green") cones overlap, you can help people with color vision problems.

In-game, since R and G are actual display primaries, my guess would be something that filters the colors of pixels when both R and G values are present to increase the higher number and decrease the lower one -- sort of sharpening the R/G distinction.
Are you colourblind? I'm curious which things in MC give you issues. (I'm red/green myself, common among males)

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I have a minor blue/yellow issue. It's not something that causes me problems.

I saw another thread on the forum here where someone was describing a problem they have with red/green color blindness; having recently seen these articles and DMM's description of how color perception and blindness works (And how you can "solve" color blindness in some cases by filtering out the overlap wavelengths, note that there are commercial glasses that can do this if you don't need prescription eyeglasses as well), and figured I'd put up a mod request along with the references. (I actually expect it to be as simple as a shader setting that goes in the hidden list of shaders that already exist in minecraft).

Outside of game? ... Well, if it were possible to just layer multiple ICC filters in the display driver output (geez Apple, everything in the display system is based around ICC files, but why can't I add some, like your provided gamma increase, or lightness increase, etc., into the video output?), it would be as simple as making one that moved colors out of that section. Heck, there's a built-in "increase sharpness" in universal access that moves things away from the grey point / makes it closer to black and white, adjustable, but no "improve color perception".

Reactions: Pyure

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Are you colourblind? I'm curious which things in MC give you issues. (I'm red/green myself, common among males)

I'm red/green color blind as well. Depending on the color on a background (ex: better questing has red on brown) I lose word/numbers. The greens of the leaves look pretty yellow or grew depending on the tree for me. For the most part for me it's annoyance at not being able to enjoy the colors my wife describes.

I'm debating buying a pair of the glasses that were developed to help with colorblindness. Mostly for enjoying art and daily life more but also because gaming would be less mundane graphics wise

Reactions: Pyure

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
OK, after a comment on Reika's teamspeak, I want a mob that is made from pumpkins. Put them together in a T-shape, like golems/etc.

Even better if it requires a bunch of natural pumpkins on the ground to spawn.

Inspired by Linus, from Peanuts, at halloween ...

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Custom Achievement Pages Mod

An alternative to HQM, Custom Achievement Pages targets mod pack creators, and allows them to include a quest progression using the achievement UI.

Assuming the achievement system is capable it would include:
* A sever component would track achievements and grant rewards when achievements ding!
* The client component would be capable of tracking achievements independently to allow players to use the mod on servers that don't support it. It would (obviously) not grant actual rewards.
* Each of the achievement pages would be a separate file - allowing users to add to the achievements being tracked.

The last two points, in combination, should allow players on a server that has the mod installed, but only tracking (for example) thaumcraft, to install (on their own client only) an additional achievement package that will track their botania progress.

Last edited:

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Along with custom achievements, how about a achievement-driven world border expansion?

Yes, I am thinking of "Captive Minecraft". But consider a server that does something like "10 blocks for each of the first achievements, 25 blocks for the next few, 50 blocks for the rest, here are 10 custom achievements".

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Along with custom achievements, how about a achievement-driven world border expansion?

Yes, I am thinking of "Captive Minecraft". But consider a server that does something like "10 blocks for each of the first achievements, 25 blocks for the next few, 50 blocks for the rest, here are 10 custom achievements".
Seems like it might be tricky to do that on a multiplayer server. You'd need to configure the world border for each player individually, unless the intent is to have everyone working together to complete the quests.

Is that possible to do, with the vanilla worldborder technology or with a server-side mod? I have no idea.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently, the following holds:
1. Mods can get a notification when an achievement happens.
2. Mods can track which ones are new/already obtained.
3. World border can be expanded, either by a command, or by a method call.

So, everyone can share the same world border. Since mods add in a bunch of achievements, and a mod for custom server achievements was mentioned, you could handle 100 achievements total, for a final size of 5K by 5K. Good enough for everything except chromatic craft :)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Apparently, the following holds:
1. Mods can get a notification when an achievement happens.
2. Mods can track which ones are new/already obtained.
3. World border can be expanded, either by a command, or by a method call.

So, everyone can share the same world border. Since mods add in a bunch of achievements, and a mod for custom server achievements was mentioned, you could handle 100 achievements total, for a final size of 5K by 5K. Good enough for everything except chromatic craft :)
Each player has their own achievements, but the world border is shared across the whole server. Would the world border expand when any player gets any achievement, or when a player gets an achievement that the mod hasn't already expanded the border for (so in order to expand the border to the maximum extent, each achievement would have to be obtained by somebody), or when a new achievement is obtained by someone with as many achievements as the mod has recorded (so, to completely expand the border, somebody would have to get ALL the achievements)?

I guess which option is chosen would have to depend on the pack being created. I dunno.