Request Suggest mods for creation here

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Not a new mod but I wish Magical Crops had more crops, like tiered essence crops so that farming them isn't such a grind. Along with witch essence and end essence. And botania integration, like you could add essence of black lotus that can be dropped into the mana pool for a small boost. And if Magical Crops added an XP based spell system I would be so happy.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Not a new mod but I wish Magical Crops had more crops, like tiered essence crops so that farming them isn't such a grind. Along with witch essence and end essence. And botania integration, like you could add essence of black lotus that can be dropped into the mana pool for a small boost. And if Magical Crops added an XP based spell system I would be so happy.
I remember someone posted their Magic Crops config file somewhere the other day, and it included an option for enabling/disabling a Terrasteel crop. There's probably not much need for Manasteel or Elementium crops, since those metals can be produced with iron crops and some mana.

A crop that produces mana or a mana-generating flower that eats Magic Crops essence, though...

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I remember someone posted their Magic Crops config file somewhere the other day, and it included an option for enabling/disabling a Terrasteel crop. There's probably not much need for Manasteel or Elementium crops, since those metals can be produced with iron crops and some mana.

A crop that produces mana or a mana-generating flower that eats Magic Crops essence, though...
I also used some unused essence to make a Sham Essence for my modpack which is going to be used to make exclusive items. But now all of the essences are used and I don't have any extra ones to cannibalize... Unless... I think I may change the food crops to items. I am going to use the food crops to make some of these

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
So here's a thing; zombies currently break down wooden doors and nothing else. In one of the mods used in Blood N Bones, during the zombie invasion, they can apparently break through almost anything to get to you! Dirt, stone, whatever.

Is there a mod that provides middle ground? So one zombie can batter on your door or glass or whatever until the cows come home. But get a few zombies nearby (they don't have to be in the adjacent square, it just detects a a number near to one trying to break in) and they have a chance. So much like in zombie movies, you'll see one at a glass window and you're OK, but facing a swarm you'd better find somewhere more secure!

I love the zombies in Minecraft; I want them to be a threat, but without the ridiculousness of the tearing through solid ground to get to you...! I think all this apocalypse talk in the Jampacked section has got my brain awhirl :D

Reactions: 1SDAN

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
can't find a 1.7.10 version, would really like one. If I am just stupid then can someone send me a link

Someone mentioned in page 112 of the DartCraft MCF thread that they'd had a fair bit ported for shits and giggles, but there seems to already be a fair amount of demand for a DartCraftRevived. Sooooooo...maybe we'll see it again!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
with the recent release of AS2, I was thinking... how about a mod that enables you to view your inventory from your previous death.
normally this is pretty useless as you can just go find your gravestone and break it, but with AS2, I believe there's no gravestones.

now in normal worlds without gravestones you can still get back your items, but not if you're playing on a skyblock world, if you fall into the void, your stuff is doomed.

the annoying thing with dying in the void is... what was I carrying again? if there was a way to see what I've lost on my previous death, I know what I have to remake (or rage and quit)

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
with the recent release of AS2, I was thinking... how about a mod that enables you to view your inventory from your previous death.
normally this is pretty useless as you can just go find your gravestone and break it, but with AS2, I believe there's no gravestones.

now in normal worlds without gravestones you can still get back your items, but not if you're playing on a skyblock world, if you fall into the void, your stuff is doomed.

the annoying thing with dying in the void is... what was I carrying again? if there was a way to see what I've lost on my previous death, I know what I have to remake (or rage and quit)
I believe there's a Witchery... something that should let you do this. Might not work if gravestones are enabled.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a mod for 1.7.10 that will force strongholds to fully generate, full walls, not interrupted by caves/ravines? (There was for 164).

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I was reading another thread, and this popped into my head. I'd like to see potions treated like other fluids. Flowing blocks, placable with buckets, etc. Jumping in a pool of a potion could apply the effect, a la resonate ender teleporting people.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
So here's a thing; zombies currently break down wooden doors and nothing else. In one of the mods used in Blood N Bones, during the zombie invasion, they can apparently break through almost anything to get to you! Dirt, stone, whatever.

Is there a mod that provides middle ground? So one zombie can batter on your door or glass or whatever until the cows come home. But get a few zombies nearby (they don't have to be in the adjacent square, it just detects a a number near to one trying to break in) and they have a chance. So much like in zombie movies, you'll see one at a glass window and you're OK, but facing a swarm you'd better find somewhere more secure!

I love the zombies in Minecraft; I want them to be a threat, but without the ridiculousness of the tearing through solid ground to get to you...! I think all this apocalypse talk in the Jampacked section has got my brain awhirl :D
I'm sure the evil one (@Eyamaz ) could have some fun with zomething like this as well.

Hoards of zombies getting boosts to their mining speeds/abilities, or perhaps knockback, from weight of numers.

Perhaps creeper detonation damage ramps up for every creeper in a radius.

perhaps groups of skeletons fire in unison for increased damage and knockback.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
A mod to add a new chest to the stronghold portal room.

We have stronghold libraries, corridors, the above-the-intersection attics, ... and oddly, nothing to automatically stuff stuff into the portal rooms.

(Yea, I can go in there and do it manually, but that actually results in the world being altered ... silly mods that can't be told "generate your thing, but don't have them do anything now, this is the creative setup, not the actual playtime".)

The Doctor Soda

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: So it appears there is already a mod named Thermal Recycling that I had not heard of when suggesting this. It does not do the same thing as I am suggesting, however. It would still be nice to have a mod that does this function, perhaps Thermal Conservations?

I had a mod idea as an addon to Thermal Expansion, Thermal Recycling. It would add a recycling system similar to IC2's system. If possible, it would be nice to re-add a similar thing to the old UU-Matter (the one in item form which does cool things) or can be turned into something similar to scrap boxes.

If anyone is interested in making a mod like this I could provide textures.

Last edited:

LucidCrux

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice to have something that took the builders wand from extra utilities and the wand of equal trade from thaumcraft, and put them in a neat little standalone. There may a couple other building tools that would be useful also, but can't think of them right now.

It is just that after you have used those two, building without them becomes much more tedious. There is the rf exchanger also, but again it is attached to another mod and requires rf to function, which might not be possible in all packs. So, something like a simple little "Builder Bits" mod or something that players can easily toss into any pack without worry of balance or compatibility or disabling everything would be nice.

Reactions: Zeeth_Kyrah

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice to have something that took the builders wand from extra utilities and the wand of equal trade from thaumcraft, and put them in a neat little standalone. There may a couple other building tools that would be useful also, but can't think of them right now.

It is just that after you have used those two, building without them becomes much more tedious. There is the rf exchanger also, but again it is attached to another mod and requires rf to function, which might not be possible in all packs. So, something like a simple little "Builder Bits" mod or something that players can easily toss into any pack without worry of balance or compatibility or disabling everything would be nice.

well, Endertech already adds the exchangers that are pretty much an alternative for the wand of equal trade, perhaps Endertech could also add an alternative for the builders wand
it'd be awesome if there was an item where you could define an area and have it completely filled up with blocks with a simple click. for filling up an area I often use the filler from Buildcraft but it's so slow, so perhaps if you right click with this tool, it could leave behind visual markers, like when you use the measuring tape from Bibliocraft that spawn in those pylons, and if you define the x and y (and z if needed), you could activate the tool and it'd instantly fill up the area with the blocks of your choice.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I desperately want a mod that'll store experience in gravestones aswell.
I hate, HATE it when I die I only get about 10 levels back after retrieving my gravestone/experience

so if there was a gravestone that'd also hold all of your experience upon death that'd be awesome

Reactions: 1SDAN