Request Suggest mods for creation here

The Doctor Soda

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice to have something that took the builders wand from extra utilities and the wand of equal trade from thaumcraft, and put them in a neat little standalone. There may a couple other building tools that would be useful also, but can't think of them right now.

It is just that after you have used those two, building without them becomes much more tedious. There is the rf exchanger also, but again it is attached to another mod and requires rf to function, which might not be possible in all packs. So, something like a simple little "Builder Bits" mod or something that players can easily toss into any pack without worry of balance or compatibility or disabling everything would be nice.

It would be nice if it also added a deconstruction wand, that destroys 9 blocks of the same type at a time. It could either have a durability, not drop blocks, or blacklist stone in order to stop people from using it to mine.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
I desperately want a mod that'll store experience in gravestones aswell.
I hate, HATE it when I die I only get about 10 levels back after retrieving my gravestone/experience

so if there was a gravestone that'd also hold all of your experience upon death that'd be awesome
Just build an open block exp drain in front of your door ? You don't need to carry 20 levels on you.

Reactions: Flexico

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
A TiCon mod that adds a bunch of new modifiers.
EDIT: Like adding shears to a attack makes them effectively shears, and adding spider eyes works like blaze powder but with poison, and bring back the tinkers armor, or adding shards or something like shards to make them restore a slight amount of vis from mining infused stone.

Last edited:

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
I just want potions to stack to 12 (configurable). XD I'm surprised there's not a mod for this out there already. There's a fake-out one on a few of those virus sites, but no real ones.

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
*googles it* Oh wow, that looks extensive! Would it be able to turn keepInventory on just for certain types of death, like falling through the world?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Just build an open block exp drain in front of your door ? You don't need to carry 20 levels on you.

it's mostly early game that I die and it's early game that I need the experience the most
and if a gravestone can hold items, so why not experience aswell?

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012

it's mostly early game that I die and it's early game that I need the experience the most

The XP drain and OB tanks are cheap enough, even early-game. Even before you find diamonds and get obsidian, you can make Buildcraft tanks out of glass to hold the XP.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Mucho appreciate that, too. The only thing that the player should die from that source is when the void reaches out to consume you... :D

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
Same with when you get sucked to the moon with portal gun mod. Zero chance of getting your stuff back. Harsh. XD

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm afraid we don't have the same concept of "early game" ;) . The gathering of obsidian on day 15 is for me the opening of the mid game. You can't use you exp without an enchantment table. Unless you have a trick I wanna ear ? :D The XP drain nad a shower is very cheap. I think it's just a bit of iron.

For me at least, the lost of experience is an acceptable punishement for dying. You have to avoid that.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice if it also added a deconstruction wand, that destroys 9 blocks of the same type at a time. It could either have a durability, not drop blocks, or blacklist stone in order to stop people from using it to mine.
How about the unstable ingot tools from Extra Utilities? Those are fast, infinite durability, and drop no blocks from their blacklists. So yeah, I'd have a deconstruction wand that does a configurable shape (square, horizontal line, vertical line) up to 9 blocks, and drop no blocks.

I'm afraid we don't have the same concept of "early game" ;) . The gathering of obsidian on day 15 is for me the opening of the mid game. You can't use you exp without an enchantment table. Unless you have a trick I wanna ear ? :D The XP drain nad a shower is very cheap. I think it's just a bit of iron.

For me at least, the lost of experience is an acceptable punishement for dying. You have to avoid that.
The XP shower requires obsidian for the tap head, but the drain is just a bunch of iron bars.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see a crafting recipe fora nether star, you know 4 soul sand and 3 wither skulls. Or maybe it would require the division sigil. So it could be 3 soul sand and the division sigil in the middle. After a while fighting the wither gets boring and automated wither killing, depending on the pack, can be very laggy.

I also wouldn't mind a way to stop squid from spawning in the water around/over my underwater base, or be able to stop slimes from spawning in my base even though light levels are sufficient enough grrrr LOL

Oh and I'd love to see a mod that gives security cameras you can actually look at the feed remotely like through computer craft and maybe enough an interface with security doors and traps....

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
ExtraUtilities adds a recipe for nether stars that only works in peaceful mode. Three skulls, four soul sand, a diamond sword, and a bow, if I remember correctly.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that makes the minimap be a craftable item.

Bonus for varying levels of quality -- ranging from "only sense near you" (underground mode), to "what you can see", to "Detect nearby biomes" (think Twilight Forest's magic map, which reports biomes nearby before those chunks are generated)

Reactions: macks2008