So as compensation to all forum users. (Mod Pack Mod List - New Feature Pack)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
What is your aversion to putting Mekanism in a main pack..?? It's far better than IC2
And why do you post in like every thread concerning our modpacks that we have to put in Mekanism? There is a suggestions thread, post it there if it hasn't been posted yet and leave it.
You sound like a fanboy who is disappointed his candy isn't to be found everywhere. And it beeing far better than IC2 is just YOUR opinion. Others will differ.
If you like it that much go and add it yourself or go back to your other launcher and pack you have been promoting countless times on this forum...(again fanboy?!)

PS:
If this post offends you, just PM me and we can discuss things further. It wasn't meant to but i can see it happening.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think I've been posting about Mekanism that much... not offended, just disagree with your view on my posts.
And anyway, I don't plan on playing Unleashed, I just was curious as to why it's not included

Reactions: RedBoss

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Some of this has been covered in streams:
  • Binnie's Mods (Extra Bees/Trees) contains a world corrupting bug: until Binnie fixes this (updates the API he is using) it is unsafe to use.

Bzzzzt wrong!! it was in fact Computercraft that caused the bug by breaking the mod, something in which it (CC) can do to many mods. So rather than remove the culprit they removed the mod which it breaks.

I would like to see if the bug can be reproduced without using turtles, I certainly couldn't do so.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Some of this has been covered in streams:
  • Factorization was not specifically discussed (when I was watching anyway), but JABBA is in and IMHO does barrels better. The rest of Factorization, while an interesting approach to automation, overlaps in capabilities with other mods.
Wrath Lamps and Routers are not done by any other mod. I'm really going to miss Routers. And Wrath Igniters just for the "glass desert" laughs*. OK, I'm not, I'll add FZ myself**, but hey. If people don't say what they want, no-one will know what people want.

*Ooh! Wrath Igniter in an Autonomous Activator! It has to be done!
**I just checked, and it is in the universal configs. Thanks!

Reactions: rhn

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
I hope AdvancedSolarPanels, DartCraft, Gravitation Suite, MystCraft, LogisticPipes, PortalGun, Soul Shards, Factorization and EnchantingPlus will be added, too. Without them, it really wouldn't be a replacement for Unleashed (but I'm still excited about Project Red). I'm honest, I'd rather wait a few more weeks until it's a real all around pack/replacement for Unleashed than play with a pack that only contains half of the really interesting mods.
But yes, I have to agree with rhm and NJM1564. It's the admin's responsibility to check if the server is able to handle MystCraft ages and stuff like that, not yours! If the server can't handle it, the admin could simply disable the mods or limit the ages created but not including the mods at all isn't the way to go imho.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
people seem to really be forgetting that they can add their own mods to a modpack, heck, they can even make their own modlist with the universal configurations.
if you want Unleashed so badly, then just gather all the updated mods of Unleashed yourself, throw them together with the universal configurations and see what happens.

I hope AdvancedSolarPanels, DartCraft, Gravitation Suite, MystCraft, LogisticPipes, PortalGun, Soul Shards, Factorization and EnchantingPlus will be added, too. Without them, it really wouldn't be a replacement for Unleashed (but I'm still excited about Project Red). I'm honest, I'd rather wait a few more weeks until it's a real all around pack/replacement for Unleashed than play with a pack that only contains half of the really interesting mods.
But yes, I have to agree with rhm and NJM1564. It's the admin's responsibility to check if the server is able to handle MystCraft ages and stuff like that, not yours! If the server can't handle it, the admin could simply disable the mods or limit the ages created but not including the mods at all isn't the way to go imho.

have you ever tried playing without those mods? no? why not try it out, who knows, you might even like playing without some of the common mods. I've been playing a magic themed world when the 1.6 FTB packs weren't released yet and I had alot of fun.

right now I see alot of complaining about "why isn't mod "x" or mod "y" or even mod "z" in the pack?" well, for one there are more packs to come, who knows, the mod you might be looking for might be in one of the unreleased packs. if not, just add the mods yourself if you can't play without them. and nowadays there are so many minecraft mods out there, that it gets really difficult to have them all in 1 pack. but if you really want a pack like that, go try out Overload

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Bzzzzt wrong!! it was in fact Computercraft that caused the bug by breaking the mod, something in which it (CC) can do to many mods. So rather than remove the culprit they removed the mod which it breaks.

I would like to see if the bug can be reproduced without using turtles, I certainly couldn't do so.

I still would like to know more what could be cause of world corruption (btw. whole world or chunks?). At last i like to have extra bees worldgen even if i have to wait for an update in some way.

Reactions: rhn

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
Id really like to see mekanism included, it adds some really nice stuff!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Id really like to see mekanism included, it adds some really nice stuff!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
I'll rectify the version list at some time, though speaking for myself, I will be trying to keep them updated to the most recent mod versions (or at least assume the most recent versions available in any current release.)
This is one reason I haven't added some things like a lot of the UE mods yet.
I won't be doing that till I get more free time (more mods supported == more time to devote that I don't have.)

the universal electricity mods will most certainly be added, just not right now.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
also Open Blocks is in here, he just forgot to add it to the list
That just made my entire week; YEssssss!

/edit:
Oh, and I think Mystcraft should be in pretty much every pack, but disabled by default. It's a very good travel mod, if the server admins practice a bit of control over creation and deletion of Ages.

Last edited:

richardcox13

Jul 29, 2019
I still would like to know more what could be cause of world corruption (btw. whole world or chunks?). At last i like to have extra bees worldgen even if i have to wait for an update in some way.

If I recall correctly—I had the stream on in the background rather than watching intensively—it was crafting certain liquids (one was liquid nitrogen) with a tank cart.

This would corrupt the chunk and the state of any players nearby. Using a crafty turtle to perform the operation allowed remote corruption of another player.

Dyonovan

Jul 29, 2019
After reading down the mod list, I have to say I am a little disappointed in the mod pack as it stands right now. Before I get flamed, I know that mods can be added manually. This is just my opinion.

My main question is, what is the purpose of this mod pack? Is it to throw a bunch of mods in so people can play the way they want to? I know that you will be releasing a Magic/tech pack in the near future. As I haven't seen a mod list I can't really comment on them but at least they sound more focused to one specific type of gameplay.

I do like the fact that you are starting to add some different mods that have things you can explore. Roguelike Dungeons is a perfect example.

It seems like there is a lot of duplication here. Extra Utils & Random Things. I will be honest and say I have not played with random things, but after looking at their website and block/item list, what does it provide that other mods don't?

Reactorcraft, Big Reactors, IC2 reactors. How many different types of power gen do we need? There is now 3 different types of power gen in modded minecraft (4 if you include Rotarycraft). Yet PowerConverters isn't added, which means there is no way to easily convert between all types of power.

How many different ways do we need to be able to transport items?

No Mystcraft? In slow's stream, he said he wanted to make it easier for server owners. Mystcraft might not be used on servers for players, but it is used for things like Mining Worlds. Use the Deep Dark from Extra utils? Have you actually gone in there? Why not add Mystcraft as an optional and allow server owners to choose if they would like it or not?

Enderstorage. What happened to this mod? All I heard from the stream was that it was a decision not to add it. Out of all the mods that are not included, I think this is the biggest mistake. Yes there are Tesseracts, and don't get me wrong, the changes that were made to them are amazing, but Ender Chests/Tanks IMO are still they best way to transfer items/liquids.

I understand about the size of the pack and required ram needed to run it. But to be honest, there are a lot of other launchers/packs out there that are this size or bigger. I personally run a server with over 115 mods files, not loaded mods on the minecraft main screen, but actual mod files.

Ok, enough of me rambling on. I just don't see the point in some of the added mods, while some are left out. It just seems that with all the mods currently available, there is just way to much duplication. I would rather see a few smaller packs geared around different *base* mods, then an attempt to pick and choose for 1 big pack.

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
I present to you all the mod list for the replacement for Unleashed.

Forge

CodechickenCore
COFH Core
DenLib
IchunUtil
PowerCrystals Core
Waila
Opos
EVOC

Agriculture
Applied Energistics
ATG
B'O'P (disabled)
Backpacks
Better Storage
Biblicraft (with addon)
Big Reactors
Buildcraft
ChickenCHunks
compact windmills (ic2)
ComputerCraft
EE3
Engineers Toolbox
Extra Utilities
Forestry
gascraft (engineer's toolbox)
Gatecopy
HopperDucts
IC2
Infinibow
JABBA
Magic Bees
Mariculture
MFR
Obsidiplates
Project Red
Railcraft
Random Things
Reactorcraft
RemoteIO
Revamp
Roguelike Dungeons
RotaryCraft
Steves Carts
Switches
Thaumcraft
thaumic tinkerer
Thermal Expansion
TiC:MechWorks
Tinkers Contruct
Torch Levers
Twilight Forest
WR-CBE
Xact
EnhancedPortals
OpenPeripheral
Natura
DenPipes
DenPipe-emerald
Denpipes-forestry
Lycanite's Mobs
Adv. Genetics (when updated)
Inventory Tweaks
damage indicators
statuseffecthud
armorstatushud

There are so many mods core mods missing, so many new superflous new ones that I honestly couldn't careless about. This is 1/2 Unleashed, 1/2 something else entirely replacing the other half of Unleashed.

Missing aka "What the hell we're you thinking leaving these out.":

Iron Chests
Ender Storage
Advanced or Compact Solars (you have compact windmills but not solars?! What. o_O)
Extra Bee's
Extra Tree's
Dartcraft
Voxel Map (Opos/Mapwriter is crap)
Factorization (Don't care about JABBA, I didn't use it for barrels. No other mod has solar steam stuff.)
MystCraft
Soul Shards
Portal Gun
Gravity Gun
Logistics Pipes (AE still hasn't figure out how to fill to # so its still a requirement.)
EnchantingPlus
Power Converters
Nether Ores
Gravitation Suite
Modular Power Suites (Really? The trash armor of IC2 is good as it gets now? Pfft. I haven't used that garbage since pre-forge days.)

"Things that should have made it because of popularity since Unleashed came out and they fit the feel of the pack":

Ender I/O
Mekanism
Ars Magicka 2

The "Why are they even here awards" mods.:

Agriculture. Food was never a issue and between all the other mods there already pages of foods, nuts and berries, seeds, it adds nothing besides that and we didn't have anyone asking for more.
IC2. Everything is done better by another mod, this is useless. You could save a ton of space by ditching this and everything associated with it and you wouldn't lose anything.
Better Storage. No thank you, Iron chests is better.
Roguelike Dungeons. This seems really out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.