So as compensation to all forum users. (Mod Pack Mod List - New Feature Pack)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
No dartcraft, guns, factorization, solars, extra bees/trees, ender IO, open blocks, reliquary, logistics pipes...

And this is called replacement of unleashed?
Wow thats actually a lot of stuff missing. Factorization, ExB/T and reliquary are some of my most used mods. Reliquary appears to be an issue of it not being ready for 1.6 just yet(or so I got the impression of), but the others? Is it because they arent completely finished/stable for 1.6 or were they left out for other reasons?
And mystcraft? Its been a basic part of the modpacks for ages now. Why missing here?

richardcox13

Jul 29, 2019
Wow thats actually a lot of stuff missing. Factorization, ExB/T and reliquary are some of my most used mods. Reliquary appears to be an issue of it not being ready for 1.6 just yet(or so I got the impression of), but the others? Is it because they arent completely finished/stable for 1.6 or were they left out for other reasons?
And mystcraft? Its been a basic part of the modpacks for ages now. Why missing here?

Some of this has been covered in streams:
  • There is a consideration to avoid too much load on servers, hence not everything.
  • Binnie's Mods (Extra Bees/Trees) contains a world corrupting bug: until Binnie fixes this (updates the API he is using) it is unsafe to use.
  • MystCraft is not included to avoid lots of dimensions, and thus server load.
  • Factorization was not specifically discussed (when I was watching anyway), but JABBA is in and IMHO does barrels better. The rest of Factorization, while an interesting approach to automation, overlaps in capabilities with other mods.
But also, thanks to universal configs (download them here) you can easily add more mods yourself to adjust the pack.

Finally, you could consider this an opportunity to use different mods; you might find you like them.

Reactions: jokermatt999

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
  • There is a consideration to avoid too much load on servers, hence not everything.
  • Binnie's Mods (Extra Bees/Trees) contains a world corrupting bug: until Binnie fixes this (updates the API he is using) it is unsafe to use.
  • MystCraft is not included to avoid lots of dimensions, and thus server load.
  • Factorization was not specifically discussed (when I was watching anyway), but JABBA is in and IMHO does barrels better. The rest of Factorization, while an interesting approach to automation, overlaps in capabilities with other mods.
But also, thanks to universal configs (download them here) you can easily add more mods yourself to adjust the pack.

Finally, you could consider this an opportunity to use different mods; you might find you like them.
I understand that we cant have everything, but something like Mystcraft is rather important to many players. Why not just make it easier for the users and add them disabled by default like with BoP?
And as factorization goes, I am not particularly fond of the mod as a whole, but really haven't seen any proper alternative to the very precise and versatile automation made possible by the router. Extraction/insertion of items into specific slots, from/to multiple inventories evenly etc. But yeah, its a lot of stuff to add to the pack just for that one item.

But if the new launcher allows us to just browse mods and add what we like, without having to know anything about how adding mods really work, then yeah its not really a big issue.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I understand that we cant have everything, but something like Mystcraft is rather important to many players. Why not just make it easier for the users and add them disabled by default like with BoP?
And as factorization goes, I am not particularly fond of the mod as a whole, but really haven't seen any proper alternative to the very precise and versatile automation made possible by the router. Extraction/insertion of items into specific slots, from/to multiple inventories evenly etc. But yeah, its a lot of stuff to add to the pack just for that one item.

But if the new launcher allows us to just browse mods and add what we like, without having to know anything about how adding mods really work, then yeah its not really a big issue.

Except the new launcher was supposed to be ready by 1.6. If it's pushed back to 1.7 well, we don't even have forge yet. :(

Post merge:
Server admins can usually handle controlling the number of dimensions rather easily if they bother to. If they let players have unrestricted assess to those tools then that's the server admins fault. For being stupid. Don't just yank a mod for that.
No one ever claimed that FTB was server stupid proof. In fact it's always bin known to be quite the opposite. Requiring experienced server admins to handle. Why change now.
Addendum: Having masses of ages shouldn't be the same problem it was.
"(http://binarymage.com/)
I also forced Minecraft to correctly unload Ages. This is a fix for ages only, so it won’t affect other dims, but it makes me happier."

Post merge:
And the ever fond excuse for not including dartcraft, cause it's to OP, is as always an ASS reason. Who the frek is anyone to tell us how to play. If I want to play with the cheaty mod I will If you don't don't. And even if the mod is installed the way another player plays has little or no effect on how anyone else should play.

So in general stop cow towing to the ones that shout the loudest. And try making the pack for the widest possible player set. This is Minecraft. Options is the point of the whole freeking game.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Except the new launcher was supposed to be ready by 1.6. If it's pushed back to 1.7 well, we don't even have forge yet. :(
I'm getting confused now. But I thought that the launcher was almost ready and would be launched along with these new modpacks?
Maybe its from the bits of information coming being scattered bits all over. Wish there would be one locked thread where Mods/devs would post the information as it comes. Atm its really hard to not miss stuff since its put out in posts buried in hundreds of pages over so many threads. Like why was this thread put here in the general section instead of the Modpacks and launcher news section?

Last edited:

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft was nerfed more than gregtech in a bad day, so you can't say it's op anymore.

Mystcraft and reliquary I do see why not, also extra bees (as long as it comes in the future) but the rest? Portal and gravity are nice to have, factorization is amazing and ender IO too without even mentioning open blocks, meanwhile solars (either advanced or compact) are ok to have, while logistics pipes are quite cool.

Reactions: Redweevil

devryb

Jul 29, 2019
What will happen in regards to this incompatibility between ee3 and better storage?

- Equivalent Exchange 3 beta: Crashes with "Duplicate keys in mappings" message. It's an issue with EE3. Disabling reinforced chests and reinforced lockers in the BetterStorage config file is a possible workaround.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft was nerfed more than gregtech in a bad day, so you can't say it's op anymore.

Mystcraft and reliquary I do see why not, also extra bees (as long as it comes in the future) but the rest? Portal and gravity are nice to have, factorization is amazing and ender IO too without even mentioning open blocks, meanwhile solars (either advanced or compact) are ok to have, while logistics pipes are quite cool.

packs like Ultimate and Unleashed are packs aimed at being the common pack which anyone, wether someone with a good or bad computer can play, works on most servers without giving too much problems and works as good as possible and gives the player a good overall playing experience, it's not surprising that some mods that may have been in an older version isn't in the pack right now. now with the universal configs you can add whatever mod you want to a pack as long as there's an universal config for it. if there's no universal config you can still fix the configuration files yourself if there's a problem

people should really note that packs like Ultimate and Unleashed are not packs aimed to have as many mods in them as possible

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
No Iron Chests? :eek:

I seem to remember a conversation along these lines on ForgeCraft Teamspeak back in the summer:

Direwolf20: So, when's the 1.6 mod pack coming out?
Slowpoke: There aren't any mods for 1.6 yet!
Direwolf20: Yeah, there's Iron Chests.
Slowpoke: OK, so we should put out a pack with only Iron Chests in it, just so we can be the first out with a 1.6 mod pack!
Direwolf20: Yeah, you should totally do that.

6 months later, the FTB mod packs start to appear... without Iron Chests!

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting confused now. But I thought that the launcher was almost ready and would be launched along with these new modpacks?
Maybe its from the bits of information coming being scattered bits all over. Wish there would be one locked thread where Mods/devs would post the information as it comes. Atm its really hard to not miss stuff since its put out in posts buried in hundreds of pages over so many threads. Like why was this thread put here in the general section instead of the Modpacks and launcher news section?

You are not confused and are in fact quite correct. The new launcher "was" supposed to be released with the new packs. But it's taking so long that they made a quick and dirty patch to the launcher and are already rolling out the 1.6 packs. Horizon is the first 1.6 pack. And the Dwolf20 is probably less than a week away from release.[DOUBLEPOST=1386756666][/DOUBLEPOST]

Ahm there is no 1.6 reliquary. Real life and his work with the soul shards is getting in the way.[DOUBLEPOST=1386756802][/DOUBLEPOST]
packs like Ultimate and Unleashed are packs aimed at being the common pack which anyone, wether someone with a good or bad computer can play, works on most servers without giving too much problems and works as good as possible and gives the player a good overall playing experience, it's not surprising that some mods that may have been in an older version isn't in the pack right now.

I don't get your point. If something was good enough for those old packs why wouldn't it be good enough for the new. It's not like the problems have gotten worse. And roterycraft is/was known for being a lag machine. But it's included.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
And the ever fond excuse for not including dartcraft, cause it's to OP, is as always an ASS reason. Who the frek is anyone to tell us how to play.
Do you have a citation for that as a reason for non-inclusion? There are plenty of mods from Unleashed that didn't make the cut. I don't use DartCraft* because I don't like it. Maybe that's the reason it isn't included, because a lot of people don't like it. So some people say "it's OP", and they are the most obvious voices, but they aren't the only ones. Are there any LP'ers making much use of DartCraft?

It isn't in the Universal Configs either, so maybe there's a problem with it. Some conflict, or maybe they just haven't got around to it yet. The Force Wrench has always been a controversial item, which one well-respected modder has described as something that shouldn't exist for technical reasons.

*OK I have a couple of Force Engines left over from trying it out at the beginning of my world, but they're all the way up there on that wall behind those pipes and conduits, and I can't be bothered to re-plumb it all.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a citation for that as a reason for non-inclusion? There are plenty of mods from Unleashed that didn't make the cut. I don't use DartCraft* because I don't like it. Maybe that's the reason it isn't included, because a lot of people don't like it. So some people say "it's OP", and they are the most obvious voices, but they aren't the only ones. Are there any LP'ers making much use of DartCraft?

It isn't in the Universal Configs either, so maybe there's a problem with it. Some conflict, or maybe they just haven't got around to it yet. The Force Wrench has always been a controversial item, which one well-respected modder has described as something that shouldn't exist for technical reasons.

*OK I have a couple of Force Engines left over from trying it out at the beginning of my world, but they're all the way up there on that wall behind those pipes and conduits, and I can't be bothered to re-plumb it all.

A lot of people SAY they don't like it. Because other people say they didn't like it and so on. Because it was overpowered. The mod was re-written from the ground up to fix that. If that dousen't make it worthy for inclusion I don't know what douse. I bet you can't even tell me what parts of it is OP. It took me forever to find anyone who could/would tell me what it was.
It's not the force wrench. There are a number of other mods that work like the force wrench. At least in it's context as a controversial item. (Chestseption) I think a couple of them are actually already in the pack.
It's actually one item. And it's no more OP than a AZZ load of other items you can find in the pack. In fact other items are a lot more powerfull. You would just have to take a bit more effort to get them. Or not depending on how you play. Someone could force there way into those other items just as fast as they could force there way to the Dartcraft ones. IF they choose to. IF.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Ahm there is no 1.6 reliquary. Real life and his work with the soul shards is getting in the way.

I refer you to http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/xenos-reliquary-its-back-for-1-6.35542/

I don't get your point. If something was good enough for those old packs why wouldn't it be good enough for the new. It's not like the problems have gotten worse. And roterycraft is/was known for being a lag machine. But it's included.

there could be all kinds of reasons. it could be that with the updates from previous versions to the current versions could have changed how the mod works, it could be that there's an incompatibility with other mods or with new mods. but to be honest, I don't know of these problems as I'm not the one who put together the pack.
but a good example, Extra Bees/Trees is a good mod, but is currently excluded from modpacks due to a problem with it and other mods.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
people should really note that packs like Ultimate and Unleashed are not packs aimed to have as many mods in them as possible

Meaning of Ultimate: "the best achievable or imaginable of its kind"

Ultimate is supposed to have as much mods as possible, not to run in pentium 1 256mb of ram computers.

Reactions: Sarda

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Meaning of Ultimate: "the best achievable or imaginable of its kind"

Ultimate is supposed to have as much mods as possible, not to run in pentium 1 256mb of ram computers.

it's just a name, just like Unleashed, is there anything getting "unleashed" in Unleashed? no?
the packs are aimed to be a general modpack that can be played by anyone without much trouble, if you want a modpack with a tonload of mods, try out Overload

Reactions: Infallible83

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019

Can you tell me a bit more about it? i can't find anything about it on Binnies Forum Thread, Twitter or Webpage.
Is it a world gen bug or a bug when using the machines? If worldgen is ok i could add it and not use it till an updated fixes the machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.