So as compensation to all forum users. (Mod Pack Mod List - New Feature Pack)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
No Ars Magica 2, Ender IO, Factorization, Solars, Extra bees and trees, Open Blocks and Peripherals, Logistics Pipes??? How could you miss such obvious mods, especially in a pack that is supposed to be a Unleashed replacement?

I am moving to Resonant Rise for good now, sadly Unleashed times won't come back, at least not with FTB. Such a disappointment...

As far as I know the Main pack is still in build stage alpha. So those mods might still be added. Might.

Necr0maNceR

Jul 29, 2019
I was kinda hoping that the replacement pack for Unleashed would be like unleashed but with more mobs and places/things to explore

With no soul shards and no force wrench, im gonna have to rethink my exp grinder setup, maybe something with mfr

And no linking books or portal gun is gonna make getting around a grind I think, so Ill add a +1 for mystcraft please

otherwise I cant wait
There ARE other ways to teleport you know. For example, EnhancedPortals3(I assume this is the version in this pack) is a fun way to teleport. It requires quite a bit more setup than Mystcraft portals, but that's part of the fun. It also provides WAY more customization options for portals than Mystcraft does.

Reactions: un worry

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
There ARE other ways to teleport you know. For example, EnhancedPortals3(I assume this is the version in this pack) is a fun way to teleport. It requires quite a bit more setup than Mystcraft portals, but that's part of the fun. It also provides WAY more customization options for portals than Mystcraft does.

I don't know about you, but I think those portals could be used for some really cool modded adventure maps if used in conjunction *with* Mystcraft. ;)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yah! You only have to manually download a dozen mods (which may or may not work with the versions of the other mods inside the base pack since those aren't updated as frequently) and you only need to manually redownload them all every since time the base pack updated which is average of 6ish times. That's the convenience you aim for when you get a mod pack.

at this point, that is the way you'll have to do it yes. perhaps if you're lucky, the mods you add extra are in another pack, so you only have to update both packs and copy over the mods and configs from one to another.

but one thing you're forgetting is that other packs and the new launcher haven't been released yet. these new packs could have most of the mods people are looking for, and perhaps the launcher will have the option to make a private modpack for yourself with all the downloads you need. people are constantly judging on the things that are currently released, and do not think about the things that may still be released. in just one week there have been 2 new 1.6 FTB packs working on the old launcher, the FTB staff had no idea things would go so fast in such a short time. so give them some time to work on things instead of jugding on the things that are out at this moment

I was kinda hoping that the replacement pack for Unleashed would be like unleashed but with more mobs and places/things to explore

With no soul shards and no force wrench, im gonna have to rethink my exp grinder setup, maybe something with mfr

And no linking books or portal gun is gonna make getting around a grind I think, so Ill add a +1 for mystcraft please

otherwise I cant wait

the thing is, if you play a modpack created by another person, you're playing the modpack the way that that person has envisioned it. it may not be bad to lose some of your usual items and machines and actually take the time to look to see if you can do things in a different way.

Don_Quijote

Jul 29, 2019
somehow I'm happy unleashed will be reevaluated completely. For instance the portalgun, that one object makes half of the game absolutely obsolete, as you don't need any other means of traveling...
If integrated, it should be optional. Same goes for some other mods. For me, unleashed is an all in one pack for many mods, but I don't think everything should be in, just because it was in the last version...

Reactions: AlanEsh

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, but the TiCo chisels covers a few of those already.

true, but Chisel still adds a whole lot more, all with connecting textures and such.
though it does use a fair amount of IDs for blocks which are mainly just aesthetic...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
true, but Chisel still adds a whole lot more, all with connecting textures and such.
though it does use a fair amount of IDs for blocks which are mainly just aesthetic...
Yeah. And I think I would feel a bit like I feel with Binnies wood blocks/panels: I think I would use them more if there weren't so damn many options :p

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. And I think I would feel a bit like I feel with Binnies wood blocks/panels: I think I would use them more if there weren't so damn many options :p

it'd be nice if the content was a bit more... organized. I always end up disabling the chisel blocks in NEI just because they take up too much room.
if I need to see the block options I just grab the chisel tool and view the options... though I can understand the problem of having to organize these blocks

Sim...

Jul 29, 2019
Probably a silly question but EE3 is listed and I didn't think it was out for 1.6.4 yet?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Probably a silly question but EE3 is listed and I didn't think it was out for 1.6.4 yet?

Check the top row. It's listed as part of the old packs that the new ones are being compared to. DW20 (1.5 Version), Ultimate, exc.
I made it a bit clearer now.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I'd be completely fine with this pack if it wasn't being shipped as what it is: the primary 1.6 FTB pack. Let's go through the list from Page 3 of what is and isn't being included:

Not In:OpenBlocks: Huh? Why not?
Iron Chests: o_O
Ender Storage: whatisthisidonteven. Ender Chests/Tanks are certainly not made useless by Tesseracts, Transceivers or trains.
Advanced or Compact Solars: Not seeing the logic here. If you
Extra Bees/Extra Trees: Bugged, so no issue.
Dartcraft: This better not be because of OPness or the Force Wrench.
Voxel Map: Multimple minimap options hinted, so ok.
Factorization: I somewhat agree. I'll miss routers but this mod really isn't adding anything else substantial.
MystCraft: Configs are your friend.
Soul Shards: Iffy state atm, so ok.
Portal/Gravity Gun: Gravity Gun sure.
Logistics Pipes: I don't see the harm in adding it for the people that want it.
EnchantingPlus: Agreed with occulsion. Thaumic Tinker replaces it almost fully.
Power Converters: I've heard about stability issues, but this wouldn't be an issue with if we had a certain mod...
Nether Ores: Crowds up the Nether. No issues here.
Gravitation Suite: Haven't used in a while, so no comment.
Modular Power Suites: This stuns me. Armor options will be absolutely horrid in this pack, as will flight because you didn't add Dartcraft, Mekanism or Blood Magic (only IC2 and TC4 :/). If you had any of those it would be somewhat acceptable, but you don't, so here we are with 20 damage/instamine tools and IC2's fail armor. Lovely.

Mysteriously Absent:
Ender I/O: People underestimate this mod. A lot.
Mekanism: The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think that FTB has some sort of hatred for this mod. It didn't even make Horizons after it was almost fully reworked, and it has been quickly thrown to the side in most conversations I've seen. I doubt this is the case, but the lack of this mod is starting to really puzzle me.
Ars Magicka 2: Game-breakingly bugged.
Blood Magic: Ok, to be fair this is pretty grim. I don't personally have an issue with it, but I have no objections to your decision.

Out-of-Place:
Agriculture: Natura says hi.
IC2: While I personally think this mod is in a terrible state balance-wise, I see no harm in leaving it in.
Better Storage: Iron Chests would also say hi IF you had it, which you should.
Roguelike Dungeons: How does this fit a tech/magic pack?
Lycanite's Mobs: Also very out-of-place, for the lack of a better term. This would work in an adventure or maybe a pure magic pack, but in a pack with tech mods.....haha, no.

This is a weird combo of adventure, magic and tech. Magitech packs (aka almost every prior general FTB pack) have worked to great success, so I fail to see why to change this formula. To top this off, the sheer lack of classic mods and armor options leave this pack horrifically lopsided. The strange occlusion of Mekansim continues as well, though at this point it's not even surprising.

I guess it's fine as its own pack. But as the primary FTB 1.6 pack? No thanks, until I start seeing some real options.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
OK, folks, seriously, behave. I like to think I've been lenient, and I've certainly been giving many posts the benefit of the doubt, but personal arguments and attacks have NO place here. I don't want to see any more flaming or trolling on ANY of these news topics, period. End of story. This is your final warning.​

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft: This better not be because of OPness or the Force Wrench.
Nah it's cause it's tissue paper armor lets you punch though rock. Even though it burns fuel like water.

Roguelike Dungeons: How does this fit a tech/magic pack?
Lycanite's Mobs: Also very out-of-place, for the lack of a better term. This would work in an adventure or maybe a pure magic pack, but in a pack with tech mods.....haha, no.

Actually they go pretty well win used together. And I would like to have something to use my teched up weapons on. I mean can you imagen using dartcrafts... oh wait. Well then moduler power armors... Ars magic... Well at lest they waited to put these in until Tcon added armor... We are going to die.

I will add that having Lycanite's Mobs in the neather would vastly improve the balance of having the neather ores in.

Edit: Sorry Flipz started writing this before you posted that.

Sim...

Jul 29, 2019
Check the top row. It's listed as part of the old packs that the new ones are being compared to. DW20 (1.5 Version), Ultimate, exc.
I made it a bit clearer now.

Nope I was actually referring to the OP. Slowpoke listed it as included.

Status
Not open for further replies.