rhn's continued adventures: a build journal, guide collection etc.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
rhn, since its your thread, you won't mind us sidetracking a sec: what major changes were modded in? I never ended up finishing morrowind for whatever reason, but loved it (also played Daggerfall before it, which not many can claim :p)
Well what specifically have crippled my attempts to replay it recently before was how the combat system had you sheath your weapons, get your hands out in order to cast spells. It was so clunky and awkward in combat that you really had no choice other than to play full magic or full combat. Using a healing spell as a combat orientated character was pointless because by the time you had cast the spell you had either died or taken that same amount of extra damage :p I really could not get used to such a simple and IMO bad system again after being spoiled for years. Morrowind Code Patch now offers a Quick Cast option that allows you to cast spells in any stance(like Oblivion).
But there is also a ton of extra little thing that have been added over the years and simply been made more convenient. Basically you can just start off your mods by using MGSO, which is a collection of all the best visual and gameplay mods and tweaks that yet remains true to the games original theme. Fixes everything from modern screen resolutions, formats and other graphical options to new armour meshes and textures. All in a single easy to use installation with loads of customization options.
http://www.ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/
You can check out how many mods it contains/uses content from:
http://www.ornitocopter.net/mo_wiki/index.php?title=Credits

Also installed a few other.. well more convinience mods I suppose. Might not be as true to the original Morrowind feel, but I thought they were fair and made the experience better:
Fair Magicka regen:
Very slowly regens Magicka based on Int*Will. Nothing useful in combat but will regen your magicka eventually when out in the wilds walking from one place to another.
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/39350/?
Speed and Stamina:
Slightly higher starting speed and regens stamina ever so slightly while running instead of draining it. Basically makes the game a little more about exploring, fighting and questing and little less about running walking slowly in the beginning just to get anywhere. Also results in that you are no longer out of stamina all the time when entering fights(because who really WALKS???).
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42190/?
Probably want to look up the tweaks for it to make fighting consume more stamina to balance it out.

Last edited:

Sephiroud

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, RHN. I recently started following this thread when all the guys i play with started an Infinity server. I have setup a 7x7x7 big reactor with your computercraft code setup. If you have a minute I am having a problem with the CC monitors displaying information. The issue I am having is that the top of the Advanced Monitors does not show any information. But, everything is working great.

Here is what I get:

upload_2015-9-3_1-29-12.png

If you are still supporting this CC setup I would appreciate a heads up as to what I may have done wrong.

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-3_1-28-33.png
    upload_2015-9-3_1-28-33.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 99

Sephiroud

Jul 29, 2019
Because there's an absence of illumination in that area of the world?

Yeah it is a new room, only thing there is the big reactor and the CC items. there is light now. I didn't realize how dark it was until i looked at screenshot just now.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hello, RHN. I recently started following this thread when all the guys i play with started an Infinity server. I have setup a 7x7x7 big reactor with your computercraft code setup. If you have a minute I am having a problem with the CC monitors displaying information. The issue I am having is that the top of the Advanced Monitors does not show any information. But, everything is working great.

Here is what I get:

If you are still supporting this CC setup I would appreciate a heads up as to what I may have done wrong.
I think this is due to a new feature of the CC script(that I am not the author of). If you check the Computer I believe it is prompting you with a question to answer. You can now through the Computers GUI choose which Monitors should display which information, and from what I remember(been a while since I played around with them) you need to at least accept the default.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Ive noticed that you are active on the forums again and I wonder does that mean you are resuming work on your TPPI world or starting a new one?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ive noticed that you are active on the forums again and I wonder does that mean you are resuming work on your TPPI world or starting a new one?
I have resumed work on my TPPI world. Actually sort of applying the finishing touches on a build before making another update ;) . It should be a fairly large update, at least there have been a lot of work behind it.

The performance around my main base have degraded quite a bit. Not sure if it was the OpenBlocks enchanting stuff that "broke the camels back". Intend to try and run an OPIS client scan on that, but think it is just a lot of small things adding up. So I am a bit hesitant to do more around the base despite having planned more. Maybe a few rounds of cosmetic work to finish up some key areas(already done a few recently) to get a bit of closure.

I am constantly thinking about how I need to start playing new mods etc. I am just so head over heels in love with how TPPI balances such a large modpack, and I am not sure I could be satisfied with playing another modpack that didn't do the same. TPPI2 is available in Beta, but since GT6 is taking its time getting finished it will probably stay that way for a long time. And I just haven't found/heard of any other pack that does the same or anything close tbh.

I will probably eventually move on to a conventional "kitchen sink" style pack that I modify. Just not that eager to do so atm when everything still works.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Time for a long overdue update!

In the previous update I had been doing a lot of landscaping out in a Sacred Springs biome. Here is the reason why:

EEVhE70.png

6Wep9QW.png

A villa/vacation home/whatever and belonging guest house.

The build is almost entirely cosmetic. It really serves no purpose other than being an outlet for some ideas I had. I have also not been shy on piling in details and used quite a bit of microblocks in the process :p

So lets take a tour:
h1q8drd.png

Terrace, Pool and hot tub (I used Spring Water in the hot tub to give it the right effect :))

k4TgVM2.png

Covered walkway along the opposite side of the house with espaliers.

Powersupply for the house:
iBmqyAV.png

Mostly just for show.

First Floor
(above ground floor to you yanks)

Kitchen and dining area:
V9uiMZB.png

Living area:
mibueM0.png

Staircase to the right leads down to ground level and up to the second floor.
What's behind the black door to the left you ask? Well what is usually always missing from every Minecraft build?
Toilet:
r5O6Hhw.png

Different view of the living area:
WFnqI2W.png

Office:
wE10sfX.png

Small workspace with a monitor, a computer and some filing cabinets etc.

Ground Floor
Entertainment centre:
sGNNebp.png

Chill in front of a big ass TV with a huge surround sound system :p

Card table:
77MlNvo.png

Loose some cash to some friends.

Bar:
jJLZ3SF.png

And get a bit of a buzz on while doing so :p

More:
Toilet and shower:
zP3bT95.png

Bedroom:
p4MjlTc.png

I wonder what is behind there:
wr9zgxX.png

Wonder if it is related to some future update :rolleyes:

Second floor
kuPkA3p.png

Bathroom:
fxALoW1.png

Toilet, shower, hot tub etc. with a view ;)

The Red room:
AFT60i4.png

The Blue room:
1SHDJ3b.png

Last edited:

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Well some1 is here in the mood to play with microblocks... but lazy to use slopes (count 6 in whole build) Damm, i want to build too :(

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well some1 is here in the mood to play with microblocks... but lazy to use slopes (count 6 in whole build) Damm, i want to build too :(
Hehe. Slopes just didn't really fit the theme :p Think there is a total of 7, all of them on the back door staircase lol.
But yeah a gazillion of microblocks ;)

Do not worry, there will be more next update!

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Hehe. Slopes just didn't really fit the theme :p Think there is a total of 7, all of them on the back door staircase lol.
But yeah a gazillion of microblocks ;)

Do not worry, there will be more next update!
I may sounds like friendly fan, but i am still silently waiting for my moment mr. rhn, to take all your glory and worshipers. Keep it in mind while reading my slimy compliments...
post-35374-nicolas-cage-fist-bump-gif-con-8qky.gif

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Bloody hell, that's a fantastic build. Where (on earth) do you get your inspiration from?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
This one genuinely looks like he's got a rich-homes catalog to work from (not kidding, that's my best guess)

Thing is, I could look at any number of catalogues and still only build rectangular-one-floor-cobble'n'wood huts. Jeez, I got overwhelmed when vanilla 1.8 introduced the granite/andesite/diorite blocks.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thing is, I could look at any number of catalogues and still only build rectangular-one-floor-cobble'n'wood huts. Jeez, I got overwhelmed when vanilla 1.8 introduced the granite/andesite/diorite blocks.
You and me both sir. My bases are a scandalous mess of cobblestone, dirt and holes in the walls. rhn would probably experience serious heart problems if he wandered by without extreme mental preparation.