rhn's continued adventures: a build journal, guide collection etc.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
A while a go I described how I set up a "Player interface" with Logistic Pipes to automatically restock my inventory with food.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...nd-guide-collection.42664/page-11#post-680033
Since then I have been debating with myself whether or not to use it for something else. But decided that it is just too damn useful to pass on.

FMdvKvM.png

Connected a "Remote Orderer Logistic Pipe" on the "Player Interface" and crafted myself a "Remote Orderer":
wAuA2KH.png

Synced up the two and bingo: Instant remote access to my ME network from anywhere and items delivered directly into my players inventory!
It is so damn handy for off site jobs where you figure out you forgot something or ran out of one thing. Sadly there is no possibility of queueing crafting jobs, so you only get access to items stored in the network. But that is still well worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote and Staxed

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
A while a go I described how I set up a "Player interface" with Logistic Pipes to automatically restock my inventory with food. Since then I have been debating with myself whether or not to use it for something else. But decided that it is just too damn useful to pass on.

FMdvKvM.png

Connected a "Remote Orderer Logistic Pipe" on the "Player Interface" and crafted myself a "Remote Orderer":
wAuA2KH.png

Synced up the two and bingo: Instant remote access to my ME network from anywhere and items delivered directly into my players inventory!
It is so damn handy for off site jobs where you figure out you forgot something or ran out of one thing. Sadly there is no possibility of queueing crafting jobs, so you only get access to items stored in the network. But that is still well worth it.

Yup, I use this setup all the time, can't live without it! (though I actually have mine sent to an enderpouch instead of my inventory...I should change that :))

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I can't believe I forgot bout bonemeal on grass; why the hell do I punish myself running around collecting plants for no reason...

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I can't believe I forgot bout bonemeal on grass; why the hell do I punish myself running around collecting plants for no reason...
It is not as effective for flowers(roses and yellow flowers) as it have been in previous packs due to the shear number of different types of grasses and flowers that have a chance of growing in Monster. But having had the turtle running for a while not they do start to slowly trickle in.And you do get loads of different dyes from all the different kinds of flowers, not to mention the seeds it gets from the grasses.

Still haven't gotten around to adding bees to it to boost the flower spawns though.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It is not as effective for flowers(roses and yellow flowers) as it have been in previous packs due to the shear number of different types of grasses and flowers that have a chance of growing in Monster. But having had the turtle running for a while not they do start to slowly trickle in.And you do get loads of different dyes from all the different kinds of flowers, not to mention the seeds it gets from the grasses.

Still haven't gotten around to adding bees to it to boost the flower spawns though.
I'd probably do something different than a turtle (they move too slow). Awesome though.

Pneumaticcraft was recently added to my current-playing pack; it has a lot of seed-based worldgen that I'm missing out unless I rebuild my world. Hope this helps me :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'd probably do something different than a turtle (they move too slow). Awesome though.

Pneumaticcraft was recently added to my current-playing pack; it has a lot of seed-based worldgen that I'm missing out unless I rebuild my world. Hope this helps me :p
That is true, they are a bit slow. Although if you scale it up so there are more long stretches it will be a lot faster I think. I just personally don't see any need for any great quantity of flowers etc. Mostly just did this to get a bit of roses for "Essence of False Life" for some Dragon eggs :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
hmmmmm the modpack has pneumaticcraft which = drones.

I could train drones to pick my flowers I bet. At this point I wont need flowers ever again but it would be filed under "Pointless Projects that Are Cool"

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
As I am getting on with beekeeping I am missing a kinda vital component: Villager trading. So far I have not been able to find a single naturally spawned bee keeper villager in any of the many villages I have found. So decided to do something about it myself, namely use MFR to spawn myself some villagers. Not really in love with the idea of having to set aside an entire new area just for this(would have to be 9x9 area to prevent the MFR Autospawner from spawning villagers in adjacent rooms), I decided to adapt my already functioning MFR autospawner room to handle Villagers as well.

You can find details on the MFR autospawner setup in my previous post here:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...nd-guide-collection.42664/page-10#post-658213

6VneQuI.png

So I updated the CC script(http://pastebin.com/aNZZpBLM ) to spawn villagers for a set time in my autospawning pit. I wrote the program to automatically stop spawning villagers after a short time due to the fact that the villagers do not get killed. Should the spawner be left running by mistake it could then cause some major issues once the pit starts filling up and mobs start glitching. If I want more villagers in the pit than was spawned during the set time, all I have to do is just click the touch screen again to get another batch.

Some might ask now: How on earth are you going to trade with all the villagers down in the pit? Well here Extra Utilities have the excellent answer:
AGYeDtS.png

The "Trading Post". This block(the wooden cabinet looking one left of the ME terminal) will allow you to remotely trade with any villager in a certain range. This means I can simply stand here(next to my ME access terminal for easy access to trading items) and trade with all the villagers in the pit below.

v5sljKG.png

Now because the MFR grinders doesn't kill the villagers I will need some other method of getting rid of the villagers once I am done trading with them. For this purpose I chose the "High Energy Pellet Launcher" from PortalGun because of their range:
tCvZRMW.png

When given a redstone signal these will shoot out a bouncing projectile that will instantly disintegrate anything it hits. If given a continuous redstone signal they will spawn one ball which will bounce of walls until it hits a mob or "times out" after which a new ball is spawned. Alternatively redstone pulses can be given to spawn multiple balls at once. Theoretically you could kill of lots of villagers faster by pulsing the signal, but I chose the continuous signal due to the fact that it takes time for the villagers to move into the beam anyway.

Take great care when using the High energy pellet launcher as it will also disintegrate players and EVERYTHING they are wearing! So stay well clear of them when they are active.

Oh and as I think I mentioned before I don't like the looks of Levers, so had to do a bit of redstone circuitry to translate the button press into a constant signal for a 30 sec period:
0aeZ0Nf.png

"Toggle Latch" and a "Timer" from Project Red.

Reactions: Pyure

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I would never kill the villagers, I'd instead drop them in hot boiling liquid and laugh hysterically while I hear their screams of pain and agony while they're being melted alive into liquid emerald
I'd then pour out some liquid emerald and use the blood of the villagers to do trading with their brothers and sisters

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I find myself(and I would guess so do others) way too often forgetting about the excellent features of the ME Storage Monitors. http://ae1.ae-mod.info/ME-Storage-Monitor/
They can in fact if locked(shift+click with a wrench) and upgraded with a ME Conversion Matrix be used like a barrel to extract the displayed items. So in places where you often use specific items you can with great benefit use this feature. For example in bee keeping:
mS3CpA6.png

Now I dont have to go to the ME terminals etc. and type in these commonly used items all the time. Simply walk up to the ME Storage monitors and rightclick for a stack of the listed item. A very neat feature that I am kicking myself for not using more often!

Reactions: Eruantien and Pyure

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I find myself(and I would guess so do others) way too often forgetting about the excellent features of the ME Storage Monitors. http://ae1.ae-mod.info/ME-Storage-Monitor/
They can in fact if locked(shift+click with a wrench) and upgraded with a ME Conversion Matrix be used like a barrel to extract the displayed items. So in places where you often use specific items you can with great benefit use this feature. For example in bee keeping:
mS3CpA6.png

Now I dont have to go to the ME terminals etc. and type in these commonly used items all the time. Simply walk up to the ME Storage monitors and rightclick for a stack of the listed item. A very neat feature that I am kicking myself for not using more often!

if only liquid storage monitors looked as good as item storage monitors...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I would never kill the villagers, I'd instead drop them in hot boiling liquid and laugh hysterically while I hear their screams of pain and agony while they're being melted alive into liquid emerald
I'd then pour out some liquid emerald and use the blood of the villagers to do trading with their brothers and sisters
Hehe yeah a nice feature. Would probably consider doing that if it wasn't for the fact that I only just discovered my Emerald 1k storage disk had overflowed due to my Laser drill + Lime focus for Yellorium :p

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe yeah a nice feature. Would probably consider doing that if it wasn't for the fact that I only just discovered my Emerald 1k storage disk had overflowed due to my Laser drill + Lime focus for Yellorium :p

you don't need to drain the emerald, just leave it in the smeltery and see a huge wall of liquid emerald emerging from the smeltery :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
if only liquid storage monitors looked as good as item storage monitors...
And displayed more accurate amounts than "3kiloB"...
And could be locked...
And displayed in text what the liquid was...
And the liquid display didnt glitch out all the time showing itself as blank...
:(

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
And could be locked...
We can always yell at the dev. :p

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
you don't need to drain the emerald, just leave it in the smeltery and see a huge wall of liquid emerald emerging from the smeltery :p
Actually had a bit of a panic moment earlier this week when seeing this:
nJ7Gpoz.png

Was thinking OMG taint from my thaumcraft lab underneath, but no matter how many times I blocked it over it just stayed there!

Turned out it was molten glass from my smeltery...

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
And could be locked...

yea, alot of room for improvements :(

Actually had a bit of a panic moment earlier this week when seeing this:
nJ7Gpoz.png

Was thinking OMG taint from my thaumcraft lab underneath, but no matter how many times I blocked it over it just stayed there!

Turned out it was molten glass from my smeltery...

you should earn a prize for that derp :p

Reactions: Blazze909 and rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Have been really lazy recently. Usually just hang around and breed bees most the time, which is going forward quite well. Going forward quite selectively but gotten to 64/215 species already.
But have gotten a bit done in other respects as well:

ShvZjSK.png

Gave the Autocrafting subnetwork room a bit of a facelift and "wired it up" for compressing cobble, dirt, sand and gravel(Extra Utilities) once storage cells for those items were nearing getting full.

Also build another room up the stairs:
XqDxDpS.png

Cyclic assemblers and a lone Unifier. Decided that all the simple "constant crafts" like combining metallic bee products into ingots are just going to be done in TE3 Cyclic assemblers. The MFR Unifier is used to change the ingots and stuff(using ore dictionary) into the same stackable kinds.

GUu1vuA.png

Other side I have this setup where ME export bus will "Always craft" items controlled by ME level emitters and export them back into the network through the ME interfaces. They can then be used to keep certain items in constant stock in the ME network(like frames for bees and ME interfaces etc.). So for example I have it set to constantly have 10 ME interfaces in store, so there is always one available for me when I need one(in addition to speeding up crafts of ME items using them).

On the bee front I had to expand my "genebank":
33hZ0Gx.png

vd7zuOe.png

Should have room for future bee species now :p

And I seem to spend so much time on setting up automation on all these Apiaries and Alvearies...
j3v5KaH.png

The fact using BC pipes for automating them will result in loss of bees during reboots of the world, I am forced to set it all up with Itemducts which is a much more involved process... But hopefully more robust. Also all the Alvearies have the insertion of frames automated depending on the level of items produced by the bee in the ME network.

Another "sneak peak" of a WiP that I work on from time to time is the main bridge of the ship:
BtAndIk.png

Working heavily inspired by two rather iconic spaceship bridges as you might have spotted(OK one is not that obvious yet). Hopefully more on this later.

Reactions: Pyure and Padfoote