rhn's continued adventures: a build journal, guide collection etc.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I did consider them(still am sort of), but decided a bit to not use it to preserve the challenge of wiring problems behind the scenes. Already making it way too easy with tripple layer separators between floors in some places. They seem awesome, but maybe a bit too easy.
But yeah you are absolutely right. In this case I might be able to avoid having the itemduct on the side of the harvesters. If the Harvesters recognises the EnderIO item conduits as valid export options.

they do, I use them myself whenever I play on Monster, as I always hate to see messy wiring

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So I have been building up a tidy stockpile of IC2 scrap and it was about time to get some use out of it. So time to get some UU-matter production and matter replication going.

UHxFerS.png

kXLocV7.png

XdZtHBm.png

Hadn't planned on the glass, but the location just made it an obvious choice. So the lab kinda turned into a partly "observation room" :p
Back wall is a bit empty, so might add in a few more Mass fabricators just for show and then throttle down the power to them. Don't seem like I need more than one running at 2048EU/t.

So now that I have UU-matter and the Scanner-Patternstorage-Replicator trio getting Iridium ore is an option, which opens up for an oldie but still a favourite of mine: Quantum Armour.
E2sOtmu.png

I am still going to be using the Advanced NanoChestPlate from Gravisuite for everyday stuff, but love the Quantum boots, Leggings and Helmet for the jumping, sprinting, waterbreathing, underwater sight, nightvision, dispelling and not to forget the auto-feeding function!

Having "(Filled) Tin Can" in your inventory the Quantum helmet will automatically feed you whenever it is needed. This can be quite practical if using the Leggings sprint a lot :p So first step I need to get some food canned:
ymLRoka.png

Good old Canning Machine (except this is not the old "Canning machine" but the new "Canning Machine" running in canning mode) being fed food(bread) and any empty cans in the ME network. (For some reason I could not get it to accept foods like carrots or backed potatoes, but bread was fine).

A slightly annoying thing about the canned food deal is that when consumed you receive an empty can. This can be a bit tiresome to have in your inventory. It would also be awesome if the filled cans would be automatically refilled somehow. Well good thing there is just the block for that!
7bvW7hk.png

The Random Things "Player Interface". Basically this block lets you pipe items in and out of your inventory(storage, hotbar or armour slots depending on side on the block).

So with a few Logisticpipes (which interfaces beautifully with ME) it is possible to set it to keep a constant stock of certain items in the players inventory(in this case canned food, torches etc.), while using ME Import Bus on a storage and hotbar side to extract unwanted items from the inventory(empty cans etc.).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
In the other side of the base the work on beekeeping have gotten off the launchpad pretty well:
4pcffxc.png

(Ignore the sandstone, was modifying the inside of the outer shell and was using the sandstone to tell the difference between there there were multiple layers or not)

Inside the bee lab down the far end of previous picture:
lDK5Vhq.png

Extra Bees top tier machines plus the ME sub-network(Yellow network) handling "waste drones", combs, propolis and other bee products.

ev2bLfd.png

Seed-oil Squeezers to the right and Carpenters to the left auto-crafting stuff like Scented panel, Impregnated casings and sticks.

T4Hzx7s.png

Looking back out again. Going down the stairs to the left we get down to more machines:

WVaT5kL.png

Left to right: Centrifuges, Honey squeezers and Genepools.

This lower level also houses the entrance to the "genebank" where I store copies of all my "stable" bees for safekeeping/later use:
urZkA7a.png

7thDYVi.png

JmgoVIK.png

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Glad to see some1 else using microblocks to show/hide underfloor cables/tubes. I would prefer slopes on walls instead of jaggy microblocks work but heya! you cant please everyone...
Also nice touch with neon-light(visible lamp hollow strips) trick.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Quick Question, how many chunks does the ship take up?
Main circle is 10 chunks in diameter:
3tXtogd.png

Full size image of all explored world:
t8ApdlV.jpg
Really need to explore some more. Barely looked around since the beginning and now I have the means to do it :p

Blazze909

Jul 29, 2019
Dude this thread gets me motivated. I loove watching you build. Soo cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rhn

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
In the other side of the base the work on beekeeping have gotten off the launchpad pretty well:
4pcffxc.png

(Ignore the sandstone, was modifying the inside of the outer shell and was using the sandstone to tell the difference between there there were multiple layers or not)

Inside the bee lab down the far end of previous picture:
lDK5Vhq.png

Extra Bees top tier machines plus the ME sub-network(Yellow network) handling "waste drones", combs, propolis and other bee products.

ev2bLfd.png

Seed-oil Squeezers to the right and Carpenters to the left auto-crafting stuff like Scented panel, Impregnated casings and sticks.

T4Hzx7s.png

Looking back out again. Going down the stairs to the left we get down to more machines:

WVaT5kL.png

Left to right: Centrifuges, Honey squeezers and Genepools.

This lower level also houses the entrance to the "genebank" where I store copies of all my "stable" bees for safekeeping/later use:
urZkA7a.png

7thDYVi.png

JmgoVIK.png

*gobsmacked*

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Small mini project:
K9qayxM.png

Really getting the hang of this CC Touch screen deal so decided to make one to control the Alveary heaters/fans for my main breeding Alveary. Fitting in 8 Heaters and 2 Fans I was able to get up to Hot and down to Cold from a base of Normal temperature. The touch screen buttons will toggle 4 heaters to get to warm, 4 more to get to hot and toggle both fans to get to cold. This should cover most of the range I need(most Icy/Hellish already have tolerances to allow them to live in Cold/Hot climates).

Rest of the Alveary is filled with 6 Frame Housings with Chocolate frames(to shorten lifespan) and 1-2 Mutators(for increased mutation chance. Currently having some problems with that and the items needed in them. Cant seem to get it to work it the usual items...).

Underside with the mechanics for powering the Heaters/fans:
VYHTL5A.png

If anyone want it, the program can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/8LKYW1Ry
Description on colour channels are as usual in the top of the code. As far as I understand your results with the heaters/fans might depend on the nature of the biome. So the number of heater/fans needed to reach the different levels might differ.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This build is amazing. Is there any chance of a world download any time soon?
Ehm thought a lot about this. Atm I don't think there will be much point in doing so. I might be able to show a lot of pictures of stuff that looks somewhat finished, but often just off to the side there are major parts that are still not even started on. And problem with building like this up in the air is that these "unfinished" parts are not just a stone wall, but massive empty voids inside the shell.

So unless you want to see how unfinished the stuff really is, I don't think it is worth all the hassle. Because atm it is REALLY broken up and all WIP. The old base is in shambles after I pulled out a lot of components and just left it(plan to maybe transform it into a magic base later). If you still would like to have it for a look and I can find a decent way of sharing it, then I guess we can do it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Time to upgrade the power:
uZN8tdT.png

52 blade, 3 Enderium coil Big Reactor Turbine: 19.1k RF/t @1829 rpm, 1320 mB/t steam. Outer dimensions 7x7x12.
Reactor supplying the steam is a 7x7x7 with 5 cores(just like the passive one I built earlier, it proved the most efficient design in terms of space, fuel efficiency and output) running at 372C(83% Control rod). Barely reaching its potential steam output but building it smaller would negatively affect fuel efficiency(currently 0.034mb/t yellorium for 19.1kRF/t compared to the approx. 0.1mb/t for 10.3k RF/t on the passive cooled reactor).
(A slight side note: in my experimentation when using the CC script I linked in an earlier post with turbines, it seems it doesn't work as intended. It just chokes the reactor down to 99% no matter what I do. So merely using it here for the information screens(toggled the reactor control off and manually dialled it in).

Due to the slow speed up, the turbine is going to be the backbone of my power network and be constantly running. Anything in addition to this is going to be controlled here:
efjgkTW.png

Row of four EnderIO "Power Monitors" hooked up to the "Capacitor Bank"(big green square on the floor). Each can be set to output redstone signals when a certain low energy level is reached in the Capacitor Bank. This redstone signal I will then use to activate more reactors/engines/other power production to match increasing power consumption. At the moment only the passive cooled Big Reactor is hooked up. This is done by feeding the passive reactor into a couple of TE3 Energy cells and then using the redstone signal from the Power Monitors to toggle when they output to the Capacitor Bank(start at 75%, stop at 99%).

When I add the next power solution it will be set to the storage interval of 50-75%, next one 25-50% and so on. The Capacitor bank will be build large enough to ensure throughput large enough to match the combined output.

Behind the scene:
IdOkWbd.png

Using wireless redstone to send the signal to power solutions as some might in the future be some distance away. Colour coding to toggle the lamps(white one just keeps the Nuclear control panels on at all time).

So with so much new power I need something to spend it on:
Pr3FNdX.png

x2y9NQU.png

Kinda tried to build it like the arm extended out of the side of the hull and rotated into position. Not sure it came off that well(at least I had a better picture in my head of it, but was rather restricted by the orthogonal nature of MC).

Small side note:
w8hXZCw.png

Was getting a bit tired of nursing my Extra Bees "Inoculator" and manually refilling the serums that I decided to do something about it. It is not pretty, it involves lots of weird cross mod combos like Itemducts, MFR cable, project red wires and circuits(timer, repeater), BC gates etc. But eventually managed to make it remove used serum, refill the bees into the top of the Inoculator and put in new serum. Used serums are also automatically refilled and purified before put back into storage chest. So now I can bring my new set(s) of bees, pick out all the serums I want to add to them, dump the bees and all the serums into the chest up top and come back a while later to find all the serums applied and neatly filed away ready for future use. Yay!

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Gendustry is a bit more useful than Extra Bees, check it out.
And you are still lacking the ultimate in power.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What cartographer are you using for those map pictures?
Journeymaps. It is in all the 1.6 ftb packs, you just need to enable it. Functions along side with either Zan's or Rei's.

Gendustry is a bit more useful than Extra Bees, check it out.
Yeah it is also totally OP and makes the beekeeping a joke IMO, which is why I have deliberately chosen not to use it.
I am not doing bees because I just want the best, biggest and fastest in a very short time. I like the process and I don't want to trivialize it. Ideally I would want to breed all the bees manually, but the shear number of species just makes that pretty much impossible.

And you are still lacking the ultimate in power.
Again I am not after the "ultimate", I am after what I like and I think is a reasonable tradeoff in server/PC resources. After all I am not just going to build up a lot of tech and then discard the world when it starts lagging like hell. I need the world to stay playable so I can keep building.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Al right by popular demand I have fixed up a world save for those who might be interested:
World save June 29 2014
(let me know if the link don't work, never used this service before)
When compressed it comes down to 590MB.

The save is using Monster 1.1.1
Disabled mods:
  • Dyetrees
  • Mimicry
  • qCraft
Added mods:
  • GraviSuite 1.9.9a: Link
  • Redstone In Motion 2.3.0.0: Link
  • GravityGun 2.0.0: Link
  • IC2 Recipe Fixer Mini mod: Link

When you spawn in the world find the beacon beam nearby and head for it:
gcVzyr0.png

Inside you will find a selection of armour and weapons and in a chest everything worn and carried by me(armour, tools, weapons, tool enderpouch, the lot). There will also be transportation to both my new and old base.

I cleaned up the old base and linked it into my new bases ME network. New base is still very much a WIP at this point.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Something a bit different.
A while back someone in the "Ask a simple question...." thread was asking for a way to farm grass/flowers which made me think back to one of the first CC turtle programs I ever wrote(copied together of other peoples work is a more apt description). And I thought that it would actually be quite handy to update that program as there is no other proper ways to farm flowers. So here is versions 2:
http://pastebin.com/gL4ybdny

It requires a Mining Turtle and will farm a 5x5 Grass area for any kind of crops that may have grown on it during a set wait(set to 60 seconds in the code atm, but you can change it. It is the "local" called "iSec".) so that you can use bees to pollinate the area. But even if nothing has grown it will use bonemeal on the middle block, spawning grass and potentially a few flowers in the area, before harvesting everything. So if you don't have or plan to use bees, you can change the wait to a low number and just let it purely use Bonemeal.

RcG6td8.png

You need to make sure to build the enclosure like this: 5x5 walled up, 2 block tall ceiling except the line in front of the starting position which needs to be 3 blocks tall. Directly above the starting position needs to be 4 blocks tall. This will allow the turtle to find its way back to the starting position should the program be stopped in the middle of harvesting without the need for GPS and other advanced stuff. This means that the program will be tolerant to server/PC reboots and chunk unloading.

On the turtles left side should be an inventory for unloading harvested items, to the right an inventory with fuel(coal, charcoal etc.) and directly behind the turtle should be an inventory with bonemeal. The turtle will refill both bonemeal and fuel from these inventories and use the fuel when fuel levels drops low. If you already have a ME network set up, you can with great advantage use 3x ME interfaces for these 3 inventories and set 2 of them to export the bonemeal and chosen fuel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tompa974 and Staxed