Overated/Problematic/Misused Mods

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like you to explain why you see witchery has overrated/problematic. I feel like if anything it's a severely underpowered mod however it has alot of redeeming values and is alot of fun.
it is fun but doesn't compete with other mods, I don't think they should be op but for the price most people would just jump to another mod so its underrated and overrated #wut

Arouka

Jul 29, 2019
it is fun but doesn't compete with other mods, I don't think they should be op but for the price most people would just jump to another mod so its underrated and overrated #wut
I highly disagree. I fail to see how it's overrated or under-powered. It is highly balanced and yet powerful experience, managing to reduce anything that might be considered 'overpowered' with its own internal balance. Most I've seen who complain about it don't usually get past Poppets, but there is far more that you can do with it. Magic, Curses, sneaking into the overworld through the dream world, mystic branch magic, Infusing yourself with the various infusions, death's armor, the various brews, there are so many things available with Witchery that are not possible with any other Minecraft mod.

Let's see, for overrated mods...Thermal Expansion (and to an extension, RF). A pinnacle of Magic-block mods, no design to work something needed, just place a block, give it power, done. The power system is lackluster too, not having any particular kinks to transferring it to make it interesting; Just place cables and you're done.

Reactions: Padfoote

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I highly disagree. I fail to see how it's overrated or under-powered...
...Let's see, for overrated mods...Thermal Expansion (and to an extension, RF). A pinnacle of Magic-block mods, no design to work something needed, just place a block, give it power, done. The power system is lackluster too, not having any particular kinks to transferring it to make it interesting; Just place cables and you're done.
Witchery is an amazing mod and I have nothing against it but it does not compete "power" wise in typical terms in other mods witch(PUN PUN PUN) is solely armour and weapon while witchery goes much deeper into power with curses and demonic contracts. I usually start with the armor before the poppets. And my problem with TE is that it is a cool mod but people feel obliged to put it in (Almost.) Every. Single. Pack. and it certainly does not belong in some of them.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of the poppet voodoo you can do on other people can be negated by things like Advanced Genetics, power armour, or if you REALLY wanna get expensive, the enhanced ichorcloth armour from Thaumic Tinkerer. I know that drowning doesn't even touch me because I both have the water-breathing genetic ability and a full set of the aforementioned enhanced ichorcloth armour.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I am not saying this to smash Pahimar,and excellent modder, but I think this is complete crap:
Pahimar Patreon: $1.5k
LexManos: $170

I understand Pahi is a youtube personality, but this doesn't equate (especially with his rate of posting)]

I am just saying I think Lex should have more donations as he makes forge, which makes Pahi possible. Also Lex survives on forge, he doesn't have a job, forge is his job. Pahi has a job.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Jdog1408 Patreon: $0
I do understand what you are saying but patreon may not be their only way of making money.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
My personal issue with HQM is that it's mainly just used to enforce linear progression, which I despise.