Opinions on Microsoft buying Mojang

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
I just realized. If this goes through, Microsoft would be making money on Apple's software. What If Apple decided to pull the plug?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I just realized. If this goes through, Microsoft would be making money on Apple's software. What If Apple decided to pull the plug?
Yeah, because they totally block Microsoft and Google now....

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, because they totally block Microsoft and Google now....

Sent from my I don't give a shoe using Tapatalk
Well, it's a browser. Why would you block a browser? Apple might get acreason to block google or internet explorer if Microsoft started making shitballs of money off of it,which is what they would do if the deal goes through.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Just to be clarion, Microsoft does not possess windows and Microsoft heavily supports Apple whilst pertaining their own OS. There is Microsoft word, office etc. for Apple (Mac OS)

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Just to be clarion, Microsoft does not possess windows and Microsoft heavily supports Apple whilst pertaining their own OS. There is Microsoft word, office etc. for Apple (Mac OS)
Are you using a translator, Carbon? Just out of curiosity, nothing against it.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using a translator, Carbon? Just out of curiosity, nothing against it.

:p nope, I should not use "clarion" though, I did not see clear being fit (enough) for the occasion.[DOUBLEPOST=1410747683][/DOUBLEPOST]
He's clearly a linguistic hipster.
I do not accept the word hipster to describe me, the ambiance it gives off is just wrong. The use of these words may make me seem a wee bit pretentious though.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
He's clearly a linguistic hipster.
I recognize the signs. I have to stop myself from doing it on a regular basis, one of my friends is deaf and cannot understand a word I say if I'm not paying attention.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone, look on the bright side. EA isn't interested in buying it.

"Would you like to pay $5.99 for mod support DLC?"

EA aren't the only one doing it nowadays unfortunately, games like Dirt 3 have so many DLC cars that it beggars belief. Seems like half of the cars in that game are only unlockable via DLC and it pisses me off so hard.
Personally I go by the rule that if you buy a game then you're basically buying the right to use it (well whoda thunk it!!) and anything associated, so if you buy a racing game then you should be allowed to use all the cars you want.
When the company starts to take that away from the user, it's basically alienating the user. Really in the whole scheme of things, DLC's are just a legalized money-grubbing exercise.

In fact I used to play Test Drive Unlimited 2 which was a driving game that had DLC's, and you could literally just hack the game and edit in the DLC cars easily. Then of course, Atari (enough said right?) updated the game and made patches to stop the hacking, but it didn't stop the car hack because you could simply download an old .exe file, run the old version of the game so you could hack, and then after updating you'd still have all the cars. The whole thing is just stupid.

Last edited:

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I do not accept the word hipster to describe me, the ambiance it gives off is just wrong. The use of these words may make me seem a wee bit pretentious though.

and yet, it describes what is happening perfectly. :p

Pretentiousness and irony are two key traits in differentiating a hipster from a normal human. Also their "vestigial black-rimmed glasses."

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019

Pretentiousness and irony are two key traits in differentiating a hipster from a normal human. Also their "vestigial black-rimmed glasses."
Fedoras.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

My black-rimmed glasses are not "vestigial"! Besides, Hipsters these days wouldn't be caught dead in glasses, instead having a different set of contacts for each day of the week, if not several sets in varying colors to match their wardrobe and i[device] back covers :D

Reactions: ApSciLiara

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
My black-rimmed glasses are not "vestigial"! Besides, Hipsters these days wouldn't be caught dead in glasses, instead having a different set of contacts for each day of the week, if not several sets in varying colors to match their wardrobe and i[device] back covers :D
but contacts are functional.

I'm talking "hipster black rimmed glasses", which when seen on an actual hipster 5/10 times they are falsies. non-prescription lenses.