Old Adeptcraft - A collection of memories

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
So, about the lag, I fell pretty guilty about it xD
I've basically decided to ONLY use the jetpack for vertical movement, or to travel really far when there are nearly no people online.
I'm also going to try and limit myself to the nether for travelling (and collect waypoints of important portals).
Thing is, I love visiting people xD But for example to go 500 blocks to visit Slay_Mithos shouldn't be too laggy, but if i'm going to Lambert (about 1000-1500) i'll use portals :) Hopefully this helps with the blocklag when i'm online.
ALTHOUGH
Yesterday, the lag wasn't me; I couldn't move because when I relogged I was glitched inside a tree and couldn't break out due to blocklag, and nobody else was exploring (except tiltingwindmills who was also unable to move ).
So yeah :)

Reactions: Lambert2191

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I do all my Thaumgrinding on what I lovingly call ISLAND OF DOOM. Basically I just go build a research base out on a large body of water. Make it far enough out that its flux is not going to taint anyone elses and the open empty area around it keeps most of the bad effects to a minium. Just got to deal with wisps.
lol isn't your base like 40k blocks away from spawn anyway?

Reactions: jumpfight5

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
lol isn't your base like 40k blocks away from spawn anyway?

not that bad. I'm at 8k by 5k so its under 10k away from spawn. But kami is next door to me and I think Exdra is around me somewhere. Bob is close enough to visit be brought sheep.

so when I get my thuam started I might just have to do it slowly to keep the nodes form getting nuked.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
not that bad. I'm at 8k by 5k so its under 10k away from spawn. But kami is next door to me and I think Exdra is around me somewhere. Bob is close enough to visit be brought sheep.

so when I get my thuam started I might just have to do it slowly to keep the nodes form getting nuked.
Actually, said visit was about a half-hour flight xD You live so freaking far from me.
Worst thing is, I slept in your bed by accident, so I had to fly home too. (was planning to enderpouch-suicide)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Linda said I could use her avatar/sig...like last week when I messaged her. I've been to lazy to put it back up though :p

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
looks at minimap Holy black wool of doom. You're way more patient than I am. :D

I enjoy it. Its sort of a zen thing. I like to do it after a stressful work day. Or afer I rage quit out of Dark Souls for the 47th billion time.

I do cheat slightly. I have a turtle dig the line and then I go down it clearing ore as I have him make a new line next to me.

And when I'm looking for some adventure I go caving its fun to fend off mobs while digging ore.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I have a branch mine that covers 100x100, and have already planned to do it on 200x200.

It's not that time consuming, if you are not digging the actual branches by yourself, but have 1+ turtle to do it.

All you need to do is to collect the turtles, and bring your fortune pickaxe, and then you get way more from all ores that are affected by Fortune.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I enjoy it. Its sort of a zen thing. I like to do it after a stressful work day. Or afer I rage quit out of Dark Souls for the 47th billion time.

I do cheat slightly. I have a turtle dig the line and then I go down it clearing ore as I have him make a new line next to me.

And when I'm looking for some adventure I go caving its fun to fend off mobs while digging ore.
I enjoy it too tbh, very cathartic.. if that word means what I think it means.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I kinda enjoy it, I can just do it while watching TV or reading something. But I'm not good like you guys, I'll just go into one direction infinitely, and then I'll get bored and have to walk a few hundred blocks back. I had one in my vanilla base, I tend to cave or
Code:
tunnel 9999999999999999999999999
with a turtle :p. It'd be cool if you could program a caving turtle, just to have. It'd be like a surface quarry, and it'd mine all the ore around it.
But you could just go there and silk touch it. But who cares it'd be awesome!

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
i enjoy it but i have a mine cart at the bottom to bring up the stuff i collect so i don't have to walk up and down all the stairs