Old Adeptcraft - A collection of memories

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
flying is actually hugely server intensive according to the owner of the tekkit server i used to play on. Even ic2 jetpacks. I can only assume that MPS would be the same

Jerome Asich

Jul 29, 2019
flying is actually hugely server intensive according to the owner of the tekkit server i used to play on. Even ic2 jetpacks. I can only assume that MPS would be the same
Flying in any direction other than up is server intensive. Mithos was spot on with the reason. Quantum leggings at high enough speeds can lag the server, even. That doesn't mean you shouldn't use any of those things, it just means that you should be aware of what happens when you do. And not do it for no reason.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
My coding background is from my days as a sysadmin. Had to use a lot of Perl and PHP to semi automate some various functions like backups and the such. Dipped a little in the visual basic for marcos. Only recent big thing in coding I got into was doing a bunch of LSL for some secondlife stuff. I've poked CC and did a little basic programs as well as cannibalizing of code as needed. But If I wanted a programing simulator I would not be playing Minecraft I play Minecraft because I like to explore and build stuff not because I want to code something else to do that for me.

Reactions: Lambert2191

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
My coding background is from my days as a sysadmin. Had to use a lot of Perl and PHP to semi automate some various functions like backups and the such. Dipped a little in the visual basic for marcos. Only recent big thing in coding I got into was doing a bunch of LSL for some secondlife stuff. I've poked CC and did a little basic programs as well as cannibalizing of code as needed. But If I wanted a programing simulator I would not be playing Minecraft I play Minecraft because I like to explore and build stuff not because I want to code something else to do that for me.
I agree, if I were to learn how to code, computers would do only the monotonous tasks, and other auxiliary functions.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Jump get an avatar.[DOUBLEPOST=1365821302][/DOUBLEPOST]LOOK AT SAICE'S BRETHREN

7ZRlmWf.png
[/IMG]
http://imgur.com/7ZRlmWf

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at it's eyes it looks rather sad looking. However it gets it fur sheared off every time and it then proceeded to watch me massively murder an innocent apiarist which is that Cherry Cross there.

I have over a stack of wool. When I'm done with wool that guy is gonna get special treatment, like... I can make him my queen sheep of beekind.

(I need to get over my laziness and make a instance of Ultimate. Nah, not right now.)

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I just use flax for all my wool needs.

I forgot about flax.

Guess I need to make a ThaumCraft age/room for it. WHICH SHOULD IT BE? AGE OR ROOM[DOUBLEPOST=1365822315][/DOUBLEPOST]
poor naked sheep it looks so lost

Yeah, I picked it up off the countryside, the only one I hadn't got to yet, It's brethern were slain by accident by a sword of the zephyr. I mistreat sheep slightly..

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
thuam? Just make a 9x9 feild with 1 water in the middle and drop down a couple of golems.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
lot of flux happening on the adept server tonight lol

I do all my Thaumgrinding on what I lovingly call ISLAND OF DOOM. Basically I just go build a research base out on a large body of water. Make it far enough out that its flux is not going to taint anyone elses and the open empty area around it keeps most of the bad effects to a minium. Just got to deal with wisps.