Official FTB Pack Suggestions Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I like Advanced Generators, because I can generate lots of power out of any of those sources. (Barring Deep Resonance) I can pump in Nuclearcraft steam, Forestry Ethanol, IE Biodiesel and all seven oil products. (Counting BC Fuel as Gasoline since they seem to ore dict together.)

One big upside to BR processing is I can take all the useless Uranium from IC2 which keeps getting into packs for some reason, and turn it into Yellorium instead.

D

DireChyymeras

I would really like to see custom structure's integrated into an ftb pack using recurrent complex, maybe structure progression using them

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see Blood n Bones 1.9.4! So much death, integration, and progression. How it flowed from epic struggle to survive, to hardcore nether adventure, to peaceful dream, to the end. Combining some of the best mods in such a way you wouldn't know that they weren't made to work together. Encouraging people to come together and pool resources for safety and progression.

CondeCero

Jul 29, 2019
well .... i think ftb inventions need a update (ee3 has too many wips and i cant find the recipe for verdant dust hahaha)

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Azure and Verdant dusts have been "deprecated" and are being phased out. They will not exist in the Minecraft 1.9.4 version of the mod.

The Calcinator has been changed now so that it will only produce either Ash or Minium Dust. What you get is the result of a probability defined by the EMC of the item you are calcining and the EMC value of Minium Dust.

So for example, let's say you are calcining a piece of cobblestone and that the EMC value of Minium Dust is 8,192 (the default). There you have a 1 in 8192 chance that that piece of cobblestone will calcine into a single Minium Dust. However if you calcine a diamond (default EMC value of 8192) you will have a 1 in 1 chance, and you will get a single Minium Dust as your result.

Let's say however you attempt to calcine something that has an EMC value larger than a single Minium Dust. Let's say that, I don't know, Iridium has an EMC value of 10,000. What you will find is that you will always get at least 1 Minium Dust, with a chance to get 2 Minium Dust. The reason for this is that the function sees that you have more EMC than a single piece of dust, so it subtracts that and notes that you should get at least one. Then it looks at the remaining value (1,808) and tries that probability (~22% chance of getting a second Minium Dust).

Hopefully that clears things up for everyone regarding the new Calcinator mechanic :)
Pahimar

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Could you please make a list of mods available for your packs so we can see what mods are included without having to install the pack first?

Agree 100%. Having to find a mod list for Inventions on a Reddit post rather than it being available anywhere on your official sources is amazingly annoying.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Where are you looking? I can see one in the FTB launcher and there's one on their website like always (here for Inventions), Curse does that. Pretty sure no ability to view modlist within the curse launcher without getting the pack has been a requested feature for a while now.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Where are you looking? I can see one in the FTB launcher and there's one on their website like always (here for Inventions), Curse does that. Pretty sure no ability to view modlist within the curse launcher without getting the pack has been a requested feature for a while now.

The pack was released in May. The project page didn't show up in a Google search until the first of June, or thereabouts. Nice to know it exists, but as you said, Curse Launcher does not offer that list until after you have downloaded it. My understanding was that FTB and Curse launchers would be mergring, and (due mainly to the ease of pack creation) I've moved to the Curse Launcher full time.

Maybe a link to the FTB Projects page in the pack description would help us going forward?

sokratis12GR

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I want to suggest adding ArmorPlus http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/armorplus to an official FTB Pack.
This mod adds a various armors, items and a lot more.

* Notes
- ArmorPlus might contain some Over Powered armors, but it contains a lot of configuration options that can balance them.
- I accept any suggestions of new Configuration Options that might want to be added
- ArmorPlus is actively being developed any bugs should be reported there: https://github.com/sokratis12GR/ArmorPlus/issues

- sokratis12GR

Reactions: xbony2
I

IDKboy

Note: This mod isn't out yet.
I am announcing a mod soon for my other accounts modpacks and I will give it to you my blessing.

Jeremy Miller

Jul 29, 2019
For SkyFactory 2.5 1.7.10 here is a small minetweaker script to make DarkSteel in Tinker's Smeltery.

mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addAlloy(<liquid:dark.steel.molten> * 144, [<liquid:eek:bsidian.molten> * 144, <liquid:steel.molten> * 144]);