Official FTB Pack Suggestions Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
R

Rasekhmet

Hello, Could the recipe to make broken spawners be added to the ender IO mod in skyblocks 3? We could craft them in skyblocks 2 but I see no way to craft them in skyblocks 3. Also could forestry mod be added to the skyblocks 3 pack? Some of the thing in it would be nice for when we play on a mutiplayer world.

matheryn

Jul 29, 2019
I'm unsure if this has been mentioned but it would be nice to see for 1.10 or future iterations a mod that involves populating the ocean with creatures and other stuff to make it feel more involved so that oceans become a place that you want to explore. The second part to this would be that you could also catch these creatures or at least the smaller ones and place them in an aquarium of your own creation and accually see them swimming around. This opens up a whole range of options for fishing, exploring, cooking, decorating ect. I understand that this mod would be a huge endeavour but I do believe for those talented enough to create it, it would be a great addition to FTB and I could see it being used a lot.

D

demfels

I'm wondering the correct place to suggest a mod being added to Direwolf20 1.10 modpack. I'd love to see a furniture mod added like Biblios (not ready for 1.10 yet) or MrCrayfish for example. Something... I'd prefer not to spend six hours with chisel and bits to make a chair :)

Reactions: Tianyulong

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
I'm unsure if this has been mentioned but it would be nice to see for 1.10 or future iterations a mod that involves populating the ocean with creatures and other stuff to make it feel more involved so that oceans become a place that you want to explore. The second part to this would be that you could also catch these creatures or at least the smaller ones and place them in an aquarium of your own creation and accually see them swimming around. This opens up a whole range of options for fishing, exploring, cooking, decorating ect. I understand that this mod would be a huge endeavour but I do believe for those talented enough to create it, it would be a great addition to FTB and I could see it being used a lot.

I remember a mod for 1.7.10 that did this. It added small fish, medium fish, and even large sharks and whales that made the ocean a dangerous place as well. I can't remember the name of it, though. I'd love to see that come up to 1.10 or 1.11.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Aaaaalright. We're gonna blow it up and I'm going to host my own server for a bit. I am starting with FTB lite as a base, then adding back in the same mods I'm using now, mostly buildcraft and thaumcraft based. I'm running up the tech tree, but I'm also trying to keep things "practical". What that means is, I'm not interested in building an automatic farming machine. I am interested in making an automatic farm out of basic components. That sort of thing. It looks like Pneumaticcraft would be another good example.

I'm looking for any suggestions anyone may have that might be worth looking into. For the most part, the mods are kind of a random hodge-podge. Would love something that lets me build an airship or something to that effect, too, if that exists.

Any must-haves out there that aren't already included in FTB lite?

Edit: I'd give you all the full list, but I'm not at home, so I only have half a list atm.
Drbretto, I believe you want to start a new thread. Announcing a private server doesn't belong on an official FTB suggestions thread.

Reactions: JaRyCu

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Oh, I must have misunderstood the thread. I thought it was for this kind of thing. I can start a new one.

I'm not really announcing the server, though, just looking for advice on things to add to it.

Edit: I see, it's about what to add into the actual mod packs, not about helping people pick modpacks. My bad!

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Like so many other people I am loving IE: Expert but I personally love the skyblock one the best, I really really hope you can make a 1.10 or 1.11 pack for a similar expert grinding skyblock (maybe Beyond Expert Skyblock (I LOVE the name "Beyond Expert")) where mods are locked behind other mods, but I would also like to suggest that you include a Hardcore Quest mod and book to it, I am not a fan of the Skyfactory one, even if it doesn't have any real rewards it would help people set goals to go for and delve into certain areas of mods one would otherwise skips. maybe even lock the extreme crafting table or certain recipes behind some quests if possible, much like ThaumCraft how you can't even attempt to craft stuff unless you have unlocked a certain research.

What does everyone else think? anything else you would love to see in a 1.10 / 1.11 expert skyblock?

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
Those modes are already on the roadmap for Beyond. Quest book/mod is extremely unlikely though, although nothing is set in stone yet.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So, Thermal Expansion is like an important guest at the party who insists on showing up really late because he can. Anyone know if there's specific plans to integrate cofh mods into any already-existing FTB packs?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
So, Thermal Expansion is like an important guest at the party who insists on showing up really late because he can. Anyone know if there's specific plans to integrate cofh mods into any already-existing FTB packs?
*raises eyebrow* Do you really think that KingLemming has only just released TE5 now ("late", if you will) on a whim? Or out of some sense of grandiosity? And not, in fact, because he and the team really didn't think it was ready until now? Hmm.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Sorry @Pyure :( I should have known better than to ask that.

With regards to official suggestions, are there any plans for a pack creation competition on the horizon? Some of the packs that have come out of previous ones (such as Obscurity, which I thought was awesome) have been fantastic; it will be interesting to see when we might get the next Regrowth, Obscurity, Crash Landings or even Material Energy!

Reactions: Pyure

dvMetamorph

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

Can you add decorative mods MrCrayfish Furniture and Malisis doors to SkyBlock Factory 2.5? Minecraft w/o decorations so sad... Server of CraftersLand need this. :)

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Hello!

Can you add decorative mods MrCrayfish Furniture and Malisis doors to SkyBlock Factory 2.5? Minecraft w/o decorations so sad... Server of CraftersLand need this. :)
1.7.10 packs are no longer being updated except to fix major issues.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Sorry With regards to official suggestions, are there any plans for a pack creation competition on the horizon? Some of the packs that have come out of previous ones (such as Obscurity, which I thought was awesome) have been fantastic; it will be interesting to see when we might get the next Regrowth, Obscurity, Crash Landings or even Material Energy!
We don't have any current plans for this.

Last edited:

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Watchful, I dunno what everyone else sees, but for me, you're linking back to my personal member page here for some magical reason.

For what it's worth, I saw the same thing (your page, not my own).