Official FTB Pack Suggestions Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Writing scripts is one thing. Having them up in public Infinity servers is another.
HERE

Getting your item back is impossible and disregardable when there is no need for molds in a fluid transposer. Gears could be transposed on any "base gear".Buildcraft itself uses the concept of base gears for shaped crafting.
Did not actually think of that. It would make more sense to use a base gear and transpose it into another then to try and use a mold.... Should not be to hard to whip up some examples. I'll post a link to them here when I finish them up.

On that note, did you know THIS exists now?

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject with the TC Cheat Sheet. What would be fun and interesting acquiring the TC Cheat Sheet without doing any of the TC research. By acquiring the TC Cheat Sheet from another magic mod like Blood Magic or Witchery. Make it require a tier 6 blood altar with lots of blood as it an evil item that give you lots of warp effects.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
So, here are a few mods that I want to see added to FTB Infinity Expert 1.9 and the possibilities that would come with them:
  • Aura Cascade: Currently on 1.8, and is apparently quite buggy, but when all issues are resolved I feel like this is a perfect mod for the pack. Angel's Steel production seems like a perfect hurdle (and won't take up much space on the crafting grid due to different degrees), the power system is really in-depth and hard to optimize, and overall it just seems like a good addition to the magic side.
  • Arcane Arts: New alchemy mod, and this one is actually balanced. Not only does it require a ton of prep work to duplicate items, it isn't just "Burn items, get EMC, make diamonds"; it requires you match up different types of elemental energy and matter. Also on 1.8, but if it updated and got a config option to add values to certain mods or MT support, this could be a great incentive to complete the magic path due to item duplication of really hard-to-get items.
  • Deep Resonance: As a power source for midgame. Works really well if optimized, fails hard if it doesn't. I think of this as like Logistics Pipes in that it should be optional, but a big help if you do use it.
  • Uncomplication: You can disable the plate overrides, plus the classic-style E-Net would work perfectly as a hurdle to get over.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Personally I would love Cooking for Blockheads added in.

As for you @Fortanono my personal opinions on your suggestions:
  • Aura Cascade: Works with moving tile entities. While fine for single player, nothing but issues on servers.
  • Arcane Arts: Balanced or no, this falls under the same lines as EE or Project-E. Will completely ruin any balance.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
  • Arcane Arts: Balanced or no, this falls under the same lines as EE or Project-E. Will completely ruin any balance.
It's more like Minechem then ProjectE for its version of item duplication; it has different types of elements and raw matter that have to be matched up. And I believe it's all manual too.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It could be balanced if metals and gems have their own precious essence.
Problem minechem has is that diamonds are made from carbon. As the idea of the mod is toying with chemistry it would make little sense to have it otherwise. Because cellulose is mostly a hydrocarbon this meant diamonds from saplings.

Equivalent Exchanges problem was that it gave too much weight to ender pearls. Also that cobble has a EMC value at all. Renewables should yeild nothing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Problem minechem has is that diamonds are made from carbon. As the idea of the mod is toying with chemistry it would make little sense to have it otherwise. Because cellulose is mostly a hydrocarbon this meant diamonds from saplings.

Equivalent Exchanges problem was that it gave too much weight to ender pearls. Also that cobble has a EMC value at all. Renewables should yeild nothing.

Here's how it works: There is elemental energy stored in flasks, and then there is raw matter in item form. You have to match up the correct elements and matter to yield certain items. It also has two versions: One that requires double of what the item contains (so Iron would require four metallic matter and two units of void energy but only has two metal and one void), and the devs could disable the more advanced version which requires the same amount you put in.

Also, devs, please include the WIP mod here when it releases: Cosmosis. Power system is a bit like Aura Cascade, and it looks truly amazing with some of the crafting mechanics and such.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

The problem with the idea that renewables should yield nothing is simply the fact that everything is renewable in modded MC. I agree you shouldn't be able to gain EMC with a cobble gen, but given the 1.7 mod scene, seriously anything can be obtained in infinite amount with a bit of thought.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
When I speak of renewables I mean cobble, wood and maybe charcoal, maybe mob drops. (im sure I've missed some). Metals are only renewable by certain mods and tend to take some infrastructure to run. MFR, Bees and stuff like magical crops.

That's the thing with balance it's heavily dependant on other mods.

Reactions: Booker The Geek
S

sshika

Hello.

Is it possible to add the mod open computers to the pack Infinity Evolved Expert?
He allows to add a rather consequent control over the installed mods because he is compatible with many of them.

Or it is totally impossible?

Looking forward to your reply.

Cordially sshika.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Hello.

Is it possible to add the mod open computers to the pack Infinity Evolved Expert?
He allows to add a rather consequent control over the installed mods because he is compatible with many of them.

Or it is totally impossible?

Looking forward to your reply.

Cordially sshika.
It wouldn't be balanced, but you shouldn't have a problem adding it.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
It wouldn't align in with the progession pathway. It may be more party than computercraft is, but it provides similar functionailty. Without the tweaks it'd be much earlier than you'd get the equivalent Computercraft stuff. (Which is very late in progression)

S

sshika

It wouldn't align in with the progession pathway. It may be more party than computercraft is, but it provides similar functionailty. Without the tweaks it'd be much earlier than you'd get the equivalent Computercraft stuff. (Which is very late in progression)
I find that OC is easier to program than CC, I find that it possesses more capacity than CC and is more realistic.