Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

mitchthequaker

Jul 29, 2019
For the people who are coming here for tips i think that getting to the mark/recall quest is very important to be able to explore the caves to your hearts content without worrying about getting lost.

Reactions: Pudding01

SilverDk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the journey map for my way point and teleporting haha...guess it's not intended to be used this way..

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
If it wasn't intended to be use d that Silver than he wouldn't have used journey map, i use all the time if i'm doing some deep deep cave exploration and i'm like 2000-3000 blocks away from spawn.

Edit: kinda wish he had a quest for making the ender warp book but we could turn it in for a soul bound version, would make the teleport from maps useless.

Last edited:

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Ugg not anything i can see this is where i miss my golden lasso to transport, if i figure something out i'll be sure to post it.

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, is there anyway to transport animals beside with wheat? Need sheep....
you get a sheep from one of the aura cascade quests and the cascading colorer gives you basically unlimited wool of all colors every 3 seconds or so. so this one sheep is pretty much enough.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Lep i think hes talking about cows and chickens since to do thaumcraft u need some feathers, same with making air runes which for flowers and advance runes you need.

Edit: along with you need 8 wool to make make it begin with which early game is a big UGGG! if you can't find sheep and spiders aren't very spawnish from what i've seen

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
If it wasn't intended to be use d that Silver than he wouldn't have used journey map, i use all the time if i'm doing some deep deep cave exploration and i'm like 2000-3000 blocks away from spawn.

Edit: kinda wish he had a quest for making the ender warp book but we could turn it in for a soul bound version, would make the teleport from maps useless.

considering that you can only use the teleport function when cheats are enabled (I think), I very much doubt that this is intended.
It kind of defeats any challenge and removes any reason to use any other kind of transport.

Aside from that, I've been playing the pack for a little bit and I'm not sure I like how the player focus thing works, I just don't like that I can accidentally consume it for a quest and have no way of getting it back other than completing said quest, unless I'm just missing something...

has anyone had any luck with mob spawners/grindersby the way? My standard little mob spawner wasn't spawning me anything, I figure it would maybe trivialize the dark power generation though

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
i think i forgot to mention that i found a spider spawner 20seconds aways from my base. so i didnt think of the string issue in the beginning. (+ i deactivated lycanites until now, getting randomly god-mobs doesnt create much fun when youre wearing iron armor)

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
hmm i think its better until the lycanite problem is fixed to disable them until mid to late game since besides the rep they really don't do much for the modpack, they been using my space i need for blazes.

Edit: silver after you complete the 2 first aura theory quests it gives you the quest for the colorer machine which gives sheep egg as a reward.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Is this pack in the launcher? I'd like to try it out before I spend a huge amount of time on Hubris since I already know the storyline pretty well.

Sounds pretty cool though, I kinda wanted more backstory than Xolan's "butthole mages who screwed the world over". Although this seems to be more of a prequel than a sequel from what I'm reading here?

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
o.o Hubris i think isn't a on the launcher by default either but thats challenge of trying to find good modpacks to play.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
So it's not in third-party packs tab by default? :(
Whatever, I'm sure with Drastic's awesome pack-making skills it'll get in there soon.
I give it 2 weeks or so before it makes listed. Drastic always makes amazing packs. Played both this and Hubris quite a bit and love both of them. They have quickly become my go to packs.

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
it's pretty strange when all of a sudden you get an event like the raptor run thing or the one where doom monsters suddenly start spawning
it's fun but it's very odd, especially since it's voiced, just exploring a cave, everything's atmospheric and then "RAPTOR RUN!!!"

I am loving the pack overall though, even if dark power can be pretty hard to get at any decent pace, I also struggle to find any clay for my thaumcraft research table but maybe I just haven't found the right biome yet