Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
I did cofh killall * a few times and there didn't seem to be any weird numbers of Afrits or Lobbers. 6 afrits the first time, 12 the next. No lobbers. There were around 40 each of specialmobs.special zombies, creepers, and skeletons each time though. But I hardly see any of those on the minimap, or run into any of them.

I noticed the same thing
http://imgur.com/a/hRkrn

Malaclypse

Jul 29, 2019
Any suggestions for aquireing a sheep? I want to get a cascading colorer set up to start building up a stockpile of colored wool for Aura Cascade, but I'm not sure how to get a sheep. I have found a few off in the caves, but they were a long trip away, and through some pretty difficult terrain. I don't think I could get a sheep on a leash all the way back to my base.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
I asked Caigan from Ferret Business modpack to see what he said about the lycanite mobs spawn and this is what he said.

This is why we're switching from Lycanites to Project Zulu. I spent multiple versions trying to keep Lycanites spawn rates in check, and only sort of got to a middle ground with it without just disabling half the spawning rules and limiting Lycanites monsters to 1 or 2 each at most (even then, they tend to dominate the spawn cap).

so maybe look into Project Zulu instead of lycanites?

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Are we supposed to not have any mana? Cause I'm pretty sure that we need to do the whole "put a book by a mana pool" thing to get mana...

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
well for this you don't need the book since you can buy spells which will unlock your mana, you can do like goth_child said which is to use the vortex infusion which i find a little pain in the beginning or if you really want the book travel alot and see if you can't find a essence pool which are very rare spawns in the map.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
well for this you don't need the book since you can buy spells which will unlock your mana, you can do like goth_child said which is to use the vortex infusion which i find a little pain in the beginning or if you really want the book travel alot and see if you can't find a essence pool which are very rare spawns in the map.
I got a spell, but it didn't open up my mana, burnout, or magic XP bars.

What am I doing wrong?

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
i went with the dig and light spells along with the book after i got my saplings and seeds going so i can travel and collect ore and build up rep for later spells you need 35 rep to buy both growth spells so trying to get rep as high as you can get is important for later spells.
Also same here i just cast the spell and it unlocked my mana bar and that though i was lucky and my spawn is like 50 blocks away from a essence so i could get a book pretty easy.

P.S. essence pool was found near magical forest so maybe look for it their and maybe luck will be on your side?

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
The pack looks promising as Hubris but damn those lycanite mobs are unfun on early game.

You should consider seriously rebalancing those.

Are iron and gold supposed to be difficult to find ?

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
for a cave system i find gold and iron a little hard to find thats why i'm trying to get the 2x ore processing up and going but other than that i find the ores pretty normal spawn.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
The lack of mobs near players should be solved soon. I am waiting on Vikestep to add in more spawning settings in Sprinkles for Vanilla so that I can shrink how far away they will spawn from players and create an aggressive spawning rule.

Lycanites aren't drowning out the mob spawns, the problem is that ALL mob spawns aren't anywhere near the player in certain cases.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
The lack of mobs near players should be solved soon. I am waiting on Vikestep to add in more spawning settings in Sprinkles for Vanilla so that I can shrink how far away they will spawn from players and create an aggressive spawning rule.

Lycanites aren't drowning out the mob spawns, the problem is that ALL mob spawns aren't anywhere near the player in certain cases.
Ahh interesting I have never noticed that. I'll keep an eye out and let you know what I find out.

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
i have 2 questions:
is there a reason i cant sleep in my bed ? it doesnt give me an error message, when i click on it nothing is happening.
i think too that lycanites takes away a lot of fun in the early game. does it break the pack a lot when i deactivate it for the first few hours ?
edit: sorry to be so annoying, but should it be possible to have negative reputation ? i am currently at -35 and still can submit quests for rep.

Last edited:

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Gold and Iron aren't easy to find.

Is there an early game way to double ore or the only method is by using Thaumcraft/Ars Magica ?

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Gold and Iron aren't easy to find.

Is there an early game way to double ore or the only method is by using Thaumcraft/Ars Magica ?

Zarvoxbe, Aura Cascade is also used to double ores and starting is just a little iron and gold for the processor, pump and nodes to make it all work and fuel is just a some coal which if you have the lycanite lava mobs they drop a crap ton of coal, this 1 lava lizard dude dropped me almost a full stack of coal its not even funny.

i have 2 questions:
is there a reason i cant sleep in my bed ? it doesnt give me an error message, when i click on it nothing is happening.
i think too that lycanites takes away a lot of fun in the early game. does it break the pack a lot when i deactivate it for the first few hours ?
edit: sorry to be so annoying, but should it be possible to have negative reputation ? i am currently at -35 and still can submit quests for rep.

Bed problem is solved easy enough i think your just sleeping at the wrong time, i slept easy enough in the bed. As for the lycanites maybe disabling them until you get mid game and some good damage would be better even with Ars magic damage spells its still a pain to mobs when you run out of mana. I to had the same problem with negative rep and if your not to far ahead in the game might as well reset otherwise just keep doing rep quests to fix it. The Cause to the negative rep is some quests don't need items to claim reward but still take reputation which the cause. Refer back to earlier post when it happened to me.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Zarvoxbe, Aura Cascade is also used to double ores and starting is just a little iron and gold for the processor, pump and nodes to make it all work and fuel is just a some coal which if you have the lycanite lava mobs they drop a crap ton of coal, this 1 lava lizard dude dropped me almost a full stack of coal its not even funny.
I never play with Aura Cascade, nice to see it can double ores too :)
Bed problem is solved easy enough i think your just sleeping at the wrong time, i slept easy enough in the bed. As for the lycanites maybe disabling them until you get mid game and some good damage would be better even with Ars magic damage spells its still a pain to mobs when you run out of mana. I to had the same problem with negative rep and if your not to far ahead in the game might as well reset otherwise just keep doing rep quests to fix it. The Cause to the negative rep is some quests don't need items to claim reward but still take reputation which the cause. Refer back to earlier post when it happened to me.
I don't have problem with the negative rep as near my spawn there are spider and endermen spawners.

SnowZenia

Jul 29, 2019
Is it a bug that I can't buy magelight with 70 reputation or is it intentional? It seems like I can't have more than 30 - 39 reputation according to the bar. Opening and closing the book doesn't help either. Also, the mob spawning seems fine for me.

Attachments

• 2015-07-11_14.53.12.png
    2015-07-11_14.53.12.png
    455.7 KB · Views: 152